Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 176

Thread: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

  1. #41
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    It looks like you didn't notice it, but that street goes both ways, it's not a one-way street.

    If President Obama made it rain cookies some people in the G-nO-P would be complaining about a milk shortage.

    That's not a joke, that's a fact.

    Actually no. That's not a fact.

    But you were correct about streets that run both ways are not "one way streets". So we'll say you're batting .500 on that post. Not bad.


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  2. #42
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Actually no. That's not a fact.

    But you were correct about streets that run both ways are not "one way streets". So we'll say you're batting .500 on that post. Not bad.



    That's your opinion which you are entitled to and which I and a lot of other people don't agree with.

    If you'll look at my comment again you'll see that I said some people in the GOP, maybe I should have said most people in the GOP, because that's probably closer to the truth.

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    It looks like you didn't notice it, but that street goes both ways, it's not a one-way street.

    If President Obama made it rain cookies some people in the G-nO-P would be complaining about a milk shortage.

    That's not a joke, that's a fact.




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    And how often does Obama go over to congress? I can think of many times he has called congress into his office.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Rush made a good point about this today, which is that if Obama doesnt like how Fox is characterizing him, why doesnt he appear on Fox and set them straight from time to time? From what I remember he has waged a boycott on Fox, while appearing on all other media many many times.

    As of a year ago he had appeared on comedy and daytime talk shows at least a dozen times, but on Fox News Sunday twice. Isnt it his own fault if people think hes a caricature?

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E Buster View Post
    His last statement in the OP is 100% correct.
    If you like Obama, you can keep it. Period. In your bed.

  6. #46
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    She wasnt inacting policies though. She was just campaigning. Obama is claiming conservatives think his actions are wrong because of the conservative media telling them so.
    Nope that not what is saying. Conservative media (like Glen Beck), built this image of him as a fire breathing monster that no republican can even be caught shaking his hand. I honestly believe that Bin Laden is more popular on the right than Obama. The right wing will denounce any republican who will say anything nice about him or even working with him.


    Tell me I am wrong

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  7. #47
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    And how often does Obama go over to congress?
    I can think of many times he has called congress into his office.


    Did you ever hear of the 'State of the Union Address'?

    Do you know who delivers that and where it happens?

  8. #48
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,483

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Nope that not what is saying. Conservative media (like Glen Beck), built this image of him as a fire breathing monster that no republican can even be caught shaking his hand. I honestly believe that Bin Laden is more popular on the right than Obama. The right wing will denounce any republican who will say anything nice about him or even working with him.


    Tell me I am wrong
    You are wrong.

    Why would you use Glenn Beck as a representative of the right wing media?

    Nobody listens to Glenn Beck and haven't for a long time.

    You must also be of the opinion that people are not capable of making their own opinions of Obama for themselves.

    Obama is on the TV giving some kind of speech somewhere every couple of days. He is the one that gives people their opinions of him, not a talking head.

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Did you ever hear of the 'State of the Union Address'?

    Do you know who delivers that and where it happens?
    Yes, the president, congress. Point?

  10. #50
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Rush made a good point about this today, which is that if Obama doesnt like how Fox is characterizing him, why doesnt he appear on Fox and set them straight from time to time?
    Given their constant lying and deception, why in the world would any rational person go there to present their argument if it differed from the collective groupthink at the station?

    From what I remember he has waged a boycott on Fox, while appearing on all other media many many times.
    Because Fox makes their money selling deception to those who want to believe bad things about President Obama. It's their business model. Regardless of whether you agree with Obama's policies or agree with the idea of conservative alternative to Obama's policies, Fox has shown, time and again, a willingness to deceive, mis-characterize, quote of context and outright lie to their viewers about the President.

    Why should Obama boost the ratings to a media outlet who makes their money by casting him as the evil socialist?
    Isnt it his own fault if people think hes a caricature?
    No. I'm not sure you understand what Obama was saying though, so I can understand why you might think that way.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •