Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 176

Thread: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

  1. #11
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    It's not either/or
    Absolutely correct! Sometimes in life, both either/or choices are proven wrong; but on the other hand, sometimes both either/or choices are 100 percent on the mark, and either, or both, are acceptable answers. Sad, but true...

    Greetings, bubba.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,039

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Know, but my point remains. Obama needs to get over it
    Of course. I think the real issue though was that he's saying the conservative media is giving people the wrong idea. Duh, a liberal would say that, but isnt he also saying then that people cant decide for themselves? They can read liberal media if they want. They can see his speeches first hand. They know the facts of what hes doing. How is telling someone theyre brainwashed by choice, going to change their opinion of him that hes 'practical' and insterested in solutions, not complaints.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,039

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    It's not either/or
    What I mean was doesnt he ever think that? "maybe its me?"

  4. #14
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    "If only Fox and Rush to tell people to agree with me..." LOL!

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,293

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    What I mean was doesnt he ever think that? "maybe its me?"
    Yeah. I knew what you meant. So I addressed that in #4.

  6. #16
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Of course. I think the real issue though was that he's saying the conservative media is giving people the wrong idea. Duh, a liberal would say that, but isnt he also saying then that people cant decide for themselves? They can read liberal media if they want. They can see his speeches first hand. They know the facts of what hes doing. How is telling someone theyre brainwashed by choice, going to change their opinion of him that hes 'practical' and insterested in solutions, not complaints.
    I disagree with him in this case. The reason fox has a market is that people want to be a part of the distorted echo chamber, not the other way around.

    A lot of people in this country have turned anger and outrage into a way of life. Being angry and pissed off is normal, in other words. (This is true on both sides of the spectrum by the way) and for fox to capitalize on that market, they have to keep up the hype which results in distorted portrayals of information. However it's not fox's fault. Again a lot of people simply want to be angry and will gravitate to whatever justifies it rather than deal with what is making them unhappy, which is the decline if the American empire in most cases. Which isn't really anybody's or any ideology's fault

  7. #17
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    What caricature is he talking about? Do you think he even knows?

  8. #18
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,870

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Is this the best we can expect from Obama for the next few years? Him whining about how nobody understands him and about how that darned right-wing media is saying bad things about him?

    Good Grief!!
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #19
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Is this the best we can expect from Obama for the next few years? Him whining about how nobody understands him and about how that darned right-wing media is saying bad things about him?

    Good Grief!!
    Believe you are under-analyzing. If nothing else, Obama is a smart political player.

    Anything he states is ultimately about the 2010 elections. Everything about his failures that he can correlate to racism will only excite his base. Can't really fault him for the effort. Politically it is a clever move.

    And in the end, it's all about politics and power....


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,039

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I disagree with him in this case. The reason fox has a market is that people want to be a part of the distorted echo chamber, not the other way around.

    A lot of people in this country have turned anger and outrage into a way of life. Being angry and pissed off is normal, in other words. (This is true on both sides of the spectrum by the way) and for fox to capitalize on that market, they have to keep up the hype which results in distorted portrayals of information. However it's not fox's fault. Again a lot of people simply want to be angry and will gravitate to whatever justifies it rather than deal with what is making them unhappy, which is the decline if the American empire in most cases. Which isn't really anybody's or any ideology's fault
    You forgot racist.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •