Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 176

Thread: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

  1. #121
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,219

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    It is my business because it literally restricts myself, and others economically and socially.
    No, who I voted for is not your business. If it were, we wouldn't vote via secret ballot. Are you claiming that I am obligated to tell you for whom I cast my vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Is calling you a democrat for voting democrat an attack? Is this another conspiracy thing you have invented?
    When you attempt to use it as a pejorative, which you very weakly did, then yes.

    And again, you don't know how I vote.

    In any event, I've indulged you long enough. Ta ta.
    Last edited by Kobie; 01-25-14 at 10:10 PM.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #122
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    No, who I voted for is not your business. If it were, we wouldn't vote via secret ballot.

    When you attempt to use it as a pejorative, which you very weakly did, then yes.

    And again, you don't know how I vote.
    It is my business because it literally restricts myself, and others economically and socially.

    That is silly. The fact that you think democrat is a pejorative only speaks to your mindset.

    And you still vote democrat.

  3. #123
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,219

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    It is my business because it literally restricts myself, and others economically and socially.

    That is silly. The fact that you think democrat is a pejorative only speaks to your mindset.

    And you still vote democrat.
    Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. And no, it's none of your business.

    Bye bye.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #124
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    And no, it's none of your business.
    It is my business because it literally restricts myself, and others economically and socially.

    Buh bye.

  5. #125
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,899
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    To get back to the original point -- he didn't say that.
    Yes, he has said that. And the implication was there again in the New Yorker interview excerpted in the OP. This President, to the best of my knowledge, has never accepted responsibility for anything in his administration that has failed or was not completed as promised. Nothing is ever his fault or doing. It is always somebody else's fault.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,238

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    What color do you think that I have a problem with and why?




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
    Blue. See above.

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,238

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    And the only way Obama could ever try is to go to the place where they make money manipulating what he said?

    Surely that strikes you as ridiculous.
    No, I see conservatives on daily show all the time. They arent afraid to be challenged.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,238

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'd really like to see Obama come out sometime and simply say "You know, some of the dislike, disagreement, and negative sentiment towards me is because people have a fundamental difference of opinion regarding policy".

    I know that'd be CRAZY, but it'd be nice to hear.
    Id rather he stopped doing interviews and just did his job executing the law.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,106

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    No, I see conservatives on daily show all the time. They arent afraid to be challenged.
    I see. Can you please provide me with all the times George W. Bush appeared on the Daily Show? How many times did Mitt Romney sit down for an interview with MSNBC after winning the Republican nomination?

    Your comparison is off. I see Democrats on Fox News too. But the President is much different than a random Congress person or even a governor. And when you have a cable news network devoted to mis-characterizing the President, they make their money from it, it's hard to trust them to A) Ask fair interview questions and B) Not edit the tape to fit their agenda.

  10. #130
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Obama blames media for 'caricature'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'd really like to see Obama come out sometime and simply say "You know, some of the dislike, disagreement, and negative sentiment towards me is because people have a fundamental difference of opinion regarding policy".

    I know that'd be CRAZY, but it'd be nice to hear.
    David Remnick: On and Off the Road with Barack Obama : The New Yorker

    “There is a historic connection between some of the arguments that we have politically and the history of race in our country, and sometimes it’s hard to disentangle those issues,” he went on. “You can be somebody who, for very legitimate reasons, worries about the power of the federal government—that it’s distant, that it’s bureaucratic, that it’s not accountable—and as a consequence you think that more power should reside in the hands of state governments. But what’s also true, obviously, is that philosophy is wrapped up in the history of states’ rights in the context of the civil-rights movement and the Civil War and Calhoun. There’s a pretty long history there. And so I think it’s important for progressives not to dismiss out of hand arguments against my Presidency or the Democratic Party or Bill Clinton or anybody just because there’s some overlap between those criticisms and the criticisms that traditionally were directed against those who were trying to bring about greater equality for African-Americans.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •