Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    (CNSNews.com) -- A record 20% of American households, one in five, were on food stamps in 2013, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

    The numbers also show there was a record number of individuals on food stamps in 2013 and that the cost of the program, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), was at an all-time high.

    The USDA says that there were 23,052,388 households on food stamps in the average month of fiscal 2013, an increase of 722,675 from fiscal year 2012, when there were 22,329,713 households on food stamps in the average month.

    Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013 | CNS News

  2. #2
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    (CNSNews.com) -- A record 20% of American households, one in five, were on food stamps in 2013, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

    The numbers also show there was a record number of individuals on food stamps in 2013 and that the cost of the program, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), was at an all-time high.

    The USDA says that there were 23,052,388 households on food stamps in the average month of fiscal 2013, an increase of 722,675 from fiscal year 2012, when there were 22,329,713 households on food stamps in the average month.

    Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013 | CNS News
    Just some basic references. I got a 1.5% increase in my SSR, but my food bills have increased close to 50% since 2007. I know also that SNAP has been cut by 20% this year, because one of my friends told me his has dropped that amount and everybody else on SNAP. I guess I could go along with the unemployment not being extended, but the food seems extreme. The military didn't get sequestered this year. They should have.

  3. #3
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Just some basic references. I got a 1.5% increase in my SSR, but my food bills have increased close to 50% since 2007. I know also that SNAP has been cut by 20% this year, because one of my friends told me his has dropped that amount and everybody else on SNAP. I guess I could go along with the unemployment not being extended, but the food seems extreme. The military didn't get sequestered this year. They should have.
    The Military provides useful functions. what do people living off the dole provide to us tax payers?



  4. #4
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The Military provides useful functions. what do people living off the dole provide to us tax payers?
    What do you provide?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #5
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What do you provide?
    I think he has retired, and largely lives off of his savings and capital income.


    As for the military - we got our pension cost of living adjustments cut. Let me know when the rest of you are willing to pony up in a similar manner and switch Social Security to a chained CPI.

  6. #6
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The Military provides useful functions. what do people living off the dole provide to us tax payers?
    The Military protects your investments and uses the people living off the dole to provide your cannon fodder. They don't own anything that needs protection. Pay your fair share, proportionately.

  7. #7
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What do you provide?
    stop subsidizing dependency. That only increases it which is what those who gain office by pandering to dependency wants



  8. #8
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    The Military protects your investments and uses the people living off the dole to provide your cannon fodder. They don't own anything that needs protection. Pay your fair share, proportionately.
    You need to post that in the conspiracy section



  9. #9
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    It had to happen eventually.
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  10. #10
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    (CNSNews.com) -- A record 20% of American households, one in five, were on food stamps in 2013, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

    The numbers also show there was a record number of individuals on food stamps in 2013 and that the cost of the program, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), was at an all-time high.

    The USDA says that there were 23,052,388 households on food stamps in the average month of fiscal 2013, an increase of 722,675 from fiscal year 2012, when there were 22,329,713 households on food stamps in the average month.

    Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013 | CNS News
    This is where all the crap about "so many children in America are food-insecure", etc. They just count the number of kids in households that use EBT cards. In reality, if you sign up for other government programs, they offer to sign you up for SNAP; and the administration has deliberately expanded eligibility and relaxed any kind of enforcement. Maximize the number of folks on the system, maximize the electoral effect of claiming that Republicans are meanies for wanting to take away your free stuff.

    There are people who really require this kind of help. That number is nowhere near 20% of the populace. Those folks are swamping the system and thus making it harder for us to be able to support those who actually need it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •