Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

  1. #31
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,542

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I have a better idea, take the money out of that tight ass wallet of yours, and put that in someone's mouth that is hungry. The rest of us are tired of goof-offs and unmotivated users abusing the forced charity that goes on in this country. I give plenty to charity every year to help others on my own.
    I give to FeedingAmerica regularly. The link I provided with the SNAP facts

  2. #32
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,542

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Yes it does. I have seen it. People buy food with SNAP and spend their money on iphones, itunes, video games and many other things they find essential. Prove me wrong? The fact is people must have food, and will buy the food or get it through charity if they have no other way - but why bother since the liberal scum of our nation will take from the hard working and successful and give it to the people who'll vote for them. Many of those people then use their money for essential like xbox and itunes. Cut off food stamps and I seriously doubt anyone will starve. Though sales of itunes and video games will likely plummet!
    That kool-aid taste good?

  3. #33
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Hopenchange.

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    I give a rats ass about the link. The people that I personally know that are on SNAP are an unemployed carpenter, single working Father, elderly men and a disabled Woman. Not everyone who needs a meal is a lazy hustling skumbag.
    Anecdotal.

  4. #34
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,542

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Hopenchange.



    Anecdotal.
    Those anecdotes is the reality of who is on SNAP. The rightwingers have eaten the stereotype of the welfare Cadillac queen and Shanaynay feeding bebe's kids. The fact is that SNAP fraud is very low.

  5. #35
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Those anecdotes is the reality of who is on SNAP. The fact is that SNAP fraud is very low.
    No, it is the reality of a few alleged people you know. Low compared to what?

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    No, it is the reality of a few alleged people you know. Low compared to what?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/us...nomy.html?_r=0

    losing about 3 billion dollar a year to fraud is a bit of money for a program that is expanding like it is. while not as much as other programs
    it is still a good bit of money that could be used for other purposes.

    what I love is how everyone else enjoy's all these federal benefits that people like me pay for yet I don't see one red cent of it.
    I want SNAP,
    I want reduced utilities

    I pay for it I should have access to it.

  7. #37
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,542

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/us...nomy.html?_r=0

    losing about 3 billion dollar a year to fraud is a bit of money for a program that is expanding like it is. while not as much as other programs
    it is still a good bit of money that could be used for other purposes.

    what I love is how everyone else enjoy's all these federal benefits that people like me pay for yet I don't see one red cent of it.
    I want SNAP,
    I want reduced utilities

    I pay for it I should have access to it.
    Your own link states that SNAP fraud is rare. SNAP fraud has been cut by three-quarters over the past 15 years, and the program’s error rate is at an all-time low of less than 3 percent.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  8. #38
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,542

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/us...nomy.html?_r=0

    losing about 3 billion dollar a year to fraud is a bit of money for a program that is expanding like it is. while not as much as other programs
    it is still a good bit of money that could be used for other purposes.

    what I love is how everyone else enjoy's all these federal benefits that people like me pay for yet I don't see one red cent of it.
    I want SNAP,
    I want reduced utilities

    I pay for it I should have access to it.
    Are you missing meals? Is your pantry empty? What's your income? Do you need it or just want it?
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  9. #39
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    of course you give a rats ass about the link because if you make 130% above the poverty lvl
    which for a family of 4 is 2552 a month which is about 30k a year then sure come on down.
    no one said every person that is a strawman argument or an appeal to emotion take your pick.

    the fact is there are more people on food stamps. that requires other people to pay for it. It is taking away from those that really need the program.

    PS anecdotal evidence is not evidence.
    true, or we would play the Obama Phone woman-she clearly needs to be on a diet!



  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Your own link states that SNAP fraud is rare. SNAP fraud has been cut by three-quarters over the past 15 years, and the program’s error rate is at an all-time low of less than 3 percent.
    it still exists and it still goes on.

    it still doesn't take away that people making 130% of the poverty level should be getting food stamps.
    it still doesn't take away from the fact that more people are on food stamps than ever before.

    where is my snap I pay for it I should have access to it, but I don't. I don't qualify.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •