Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83

Thread: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

  1. #11
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You need to post that in the conspiracy section
    Conspiracy mumbo jumbo is the forte of the ignorant who are unable to counter an objective statement.

  2. #12
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Conspiracy mumbo jumbo is the forte of the ignorant who are unable to counter an objective statement.
    there was nothing objective in your silly statement.



  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Votes! Liberals buy votes!


    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The Military provides useful functions. what do people living off the dole provide to us tax payers?

  4. #14
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Votes! Liberals buy votes!
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #15
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,538

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    The very least government can and should do in a civilized country is provide food for those that need it. Of course there's some that take advantage, however the good outweighs the bad here. People get in binds, sh@t happens and they need food. The local church or donation food pantry doesn't cut it much of the time. Anyone who thinks that churchs and private donations are enough to feed those in need need to stop reading Ayn Rand bull****e.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,700

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    The very least government can and should do in a civilized country is provide food for those that need it. Of course there's some that take advantage, however the good outweighs the bad here. People get in binds, sh@t happens and they need food. The local church or donation food pantry doesn't cut it much of the time. Anyone who thinks that churchs and private donations are enough to feed those in need need to stop reading Ayn Rand bull****e.
    how is someone that makes 130% of the poverty level able to qualify for snap?

    Eligibility | Food and Nutrition Service

    SNAP is meant for people with a real need. not for people that has a decent job and can afford food.
    a single person can live very well on 25k a year or less. I know I did it.

    if you have a family I hope that you planned that out and made sure that you could support your family. I do. I am the only one that works in my family. I don't get free hand outs.

  7. #17
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Just some basic references. I got a 1.5% increase in my SSR, but my food bills have increased close to 50% since 2007. I know also that SNAP has been cut by 20% this year, because one of my friends told me his has dropped that amount and everybody else on SNAP. I guess I could go along with the unemployment not being extended, but the food seems extreme. The military didn't get sequestered this year. They should have.
    .
    The military is being significantly cut

  8. #18
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,538

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    how is someone that makes 130% of the poverty level able to qualify for snap?

    Eligibility | Food and Nutrition Service

    SNAP is meant for people with a real need. not for people that has a decent job and can afford food.
    a single person can live very well on 25k a year or less. I know I did it.

    if you have a family I hope that you planned that out and made sure that you could support your family. I do. I am the only one that works in my family. I don't get free hand outs.
    I give a rats ass about the link. The people that I personally know that are on SNAP are an unemployed carpenter, single working Father, elderly men and a disabled Woman. Not everyone who needs a meal is a lazy hustling skumbag.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,700

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    I give a rats ass about the link. The people that I personally know that are on SNAP are an unemployed carpenter, single working Father, elderly men and a disabled Woman. Not everyone who needs a meal is a lazy hustling skumbag.
    of course you give a rats ass about the link because if you make 130% above the poverty lvl
    which for a family of 4 is 2552 a month which is about 30k a year then sure come on down.
    no one said every person that is a strawman argument or an appeal to emotion take your pick.

    the fact is there are more people on food stamps. that requires other people to pay for it. It is taking away from those that really need the program.

    PS anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

  10. #20
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,538

    Re: Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    of course you give a rats ass about the link because if you make 130% above the poverty lvl
    which for a family of 4 is 2552 a month which is about 30k a year then sure come on down.
    no one said every person that is a strawman argument or an appeal to emotion take your pick.

    the fact is there are more people on food stamps. that requires other people to pay for it. It is taking away from those that really need the program.

    PS anecdotal evidence is not evidence.
    SNAP (Food Stamps): Facts, Myths and Realities

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •