Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 156

Thread: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

  1. #61
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    New Jersey Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno to deny claims of Christie ultimatum - CNN.com

    Zimmer's comments Saturday and Sunday are a change from what she told CNN on January 11. She said then that while she wondered whether Sandy aid funds were being withheld because she didn't endorse the governor's re-election, she concluded that "I don't think that's the case."

    "I don't think it was retaliation and I don't have any reason to think it's retaliation, but I'm not satisfied with the amount of money I've gotten so far," Zimmer told CNN then. She did not mention her concerns about the redevelopment project.
    That's one hell of a 180 in a week.

  2. #62
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    I find that very offensive and comparable to homophobic and racist hate speech. Many people in this country and around the world are struggling with obesity, and the many challenges that come with that.
    Discrimination is only acceptable if the victim of said discrimination is NOT a Democrat. Secondly, I have a hand written note here from my diary that says Obama is a space alien, illuminati and 32nd degree mason, and is bribing the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, so it must be true.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #63
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    It's not at all a 180. Earlier she said it wasn't because she didn't endorse his re-election. This week she said it wasn't because she didn't endorse his re-election

    It was because she didn't support a development project his aides pressured her to support.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #64
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's not at all a 180. Earlier she said it wasn't because she didn't endorse his re-election. This week she said it wasn't because she didn't endorse his re-election

    It was because she didn't support a development project his aides pressured her to support.
    Might have been something to bring up last week then, since the topic was Christie "retaliation" via withheld Sandy funds. Why hold it back? "No, it wasn't retaliation for not endorsing him for re-election. It was retaliation because ...".

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,295

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The facts from the e-mails don't bother you?
    Have you seen any
    e-mails like this for your POTUS
    ?
    not emails ... speeches
    not for ... by

  6. #66
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It was because she didn't support a development project his aides pressured her to support.
    She just forgot that he did it, right?

  7. #67
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Might have been something to bring up last week then, since the topic was Christie "retaliation" via withheld Sandy funds. Why hold it back? "No, it wasn't retaliation for not endorsing him for re-election. It was retaliation because ...".
    Maybe. maybe not

    But it wasn't a 180.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #68
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    More smoke, I'm tellin ya this guy is dirty. It will be interesting to see if these probes turn up anything concrete. I'd have to say already a lot of damage has been done. Its getting harder and harder to believe this is all a conspiracy of vengeful political opponents creating a false narrative to bring him down. Its hard to believe the closest members of his staff operate in a rogue fashion making big moves right under his nose with no knowledge or directive from him.

    Hilarious though, should be fun to watch this man fall apart while preaching to the choir about his innocence.
    I believe one of the older sayings is "politics is a contact sport".

    To be shocked that a higher office would use funding as a carrot to get compliance on other issues is just asinine. Obama does it, congress does it, governors do it, state legislatures do it, mayors do it, city councils do it, school boards do it, etc. I'm shocked people are so naive that they think this kind of thing doesn't go on everywhere daily. People need to grow up and stop falling for media manufactured "scandals".

    This is simply a matter of a left leaning media needing to change the channel from Obamacare and from Benghazi/Hillary and to attempt to bring down some big game in the Republican party slate for 2016. I don't think Christie will be the nominee for the Republicans in 2016, but if he isn't it won't be because he played favorites doling out Sandy relief funds.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #69
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I believe one of the older sayings is "politics is a contact sport".

    To be shocked that a higher office would use funding as a carrot to get compliance on other issues is just asinine. Obama does it, congress does it, governors do it, state legislatures do it, mayors do it, city councils do it, school boards do it, etc. I'm shocked people are so naive that they think this kind of thing doesn't go on everywhere daily. People need to grow up and stop falling for media manufactured "scandals".

    This is simply a matter of a left leaning media needing to change the channel from Obamacare and from Benghazi/Hillary and to attempt to bring down some big game in the Republican party slate for 2016. I don't think Christie will be the nominee for the Republicans in 2016, but if he isn't it won't be because he played favorites doling out Sandy relief funds.
    I agree with what you said about people being naive about how politics really works. However, when it comes to how this might affect Christie, you couldn't be more wrong.

    Christie's biggest appeal for the people of NJ is that he has been perceived as someone who puts doing what's best for the people of NJ before politics. It's a claim he has made numerous times, particularly with respect to recovering from the storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,295

    Re: Mayor Claims Christie Camp Held Hurricane Sandy Money Hostage

    MOJO was focused on Christie again this morning.
    Back & forth it went.
    Scarborough was contrasting what the Mayor wrote in her diary with what she actually said at the time for public consumption ... totally different.
    He and Mika actually were skeptical of the Mayor's story ... at least to the point of suggesting she should have either come forward about the pressure or turned around and blackmailed the Gov's office.
    The other panelists said they understood why she kept her mouth shut.

    I have to say, I can see why she would keep her mouth shut also.
    And speaking up now is not a surprise.
    But I also have to say this shiite must happen every frigging day in politics.
    The piling on of Christie by Clinton allies is also not a surprise.
    Christie is gonna have to work through this.
    Whereas Hillary has not had & is not going to have wall-to-wall Benghazi coverage to work through.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •