Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Exclusive: Cybercrime Firm says uncovers Six Active Attacks on U.S. Merchants.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Exclusive: Cybercrime Firm says uncovers Six Active Attacks on U.S. Merchants.....

    The cyber security firm IntelCrawler said on Friday it has uncovered at least six ongoing attacks at merchants across the United States whose credit card processing systems are infected with the same type of malicious software used to steal data from some 40 million credit cards at Target Inc.

    The report from IntelCrawler is the latest evidence to suggest that disclosures from Target Inc and upscale department store Neiman Marcus about cyber attacks that resulted in the theft of payment cards and other customer data may only be the tip of the iceberg.

    Komarov said that retailers in California and New York were among those compromised with BlackPOS, the same malicious software used in the attack on Target. Their names could not immediately be confirmed.....snip~

    Yahoo!


    Fed agencies aren't ruling out a criminal organization.....nor are they ruling out a Terrorist attack. Due to the what has taken place so far. chase banks has issued new cards. Others are starting to do the same. Rather than try to chance keeping the old cards.

    Somebody has sent Obama a message as whoever did this knows.....they would discover the software.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Exclusive: Cybercrime Firm says uncovers Six Active Attacks on U.S. Merchants....




    Target Data Breach Saga Is Starting to Resemble an International Spy Thriller.....

    The massive data breach that struck Target over the holiday shopping season may have been part of a larger, unprecedented attack on U.S. retailers by Russian hackers, according to a new report by cyber security firm iSIGHT Partners and the U.S. Secret Service. The Associated Press explains that the malicious software hackers used to steal personal customer data from retailers' point of sales systems is almost certainly derived from BlackPOS software, which uses malware script from Russia.

    The confidential report, sent to retailers on Thursday, notes that though "the use of malware to compromise payment information storage systems is not new," this is "the first time we have seen this attack at this scale and sophistication." According to the report, the invasive code poses a threat to retailers because it is incredibly difficult to trace. The AP reports:

    Because this kind of software can "cover its own tracks," it's not possible to determine the scale, scope and reach of the breach without detailed forensic analysis. "Organizations may not know they are infected," the report said. "Once infected, they may not be able to determine how much data has been lost."

    Especially concerning to Target customers is that, according to an email from the company, shoppers who patronized the store anytime in the past ten years could have had data stolen. Forbes' Clare O'Connor said she received an email from the company warning that her personal information could have been compromised - even though she hadn't purchased anything from Target since 2004. She writes:.....snip~

    Yahoo!

  3. #3
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Exclusive: Cybercrime Firm says uncovers Six Active Attacks on U.S. Merchants....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post



    Target Data Breach Saga Is Starting to Resemble an International Spy Thriller.....

    The massive data breach that struck Target over the holiday shopping season may have been part of a larger, unprecedented attack on U.S. retailers by Russian hackers, according to a new report by cyber security firm iSIGHT Partners and the U.S. Secret Service. The Associated Press explains that the malicious software hackers used to steal personal customer data from retailers' point of sales systems is almost certainly derived from BlackPOS software, which uses malware script from Russia.

    The confidential report, sent to retailers on Thursday, notes that though "the use of malware to compromise payment information storage systems is not new," this is "the first time we have seen this attack at this scale and sophistication." According to the report, the invasive code poses a threat to retailers because it is incredibly difficult to trace. The AP reports:

    Because this kind of software can "cover its own tracks," it's not possible to determine the scale, scope and reach of the breach without detailed forensic analysis. "Organizations may not know they are infected," the report said. "Once infected, they may not be able to determine how much data has been lost."

    Especially concerning to Target customers is that, according to an email from the company, shoppers who patronized the store anytime in the past ten years could have had data stolen. Forbes' Clare O'Connor said she received an email from the company warning that her personal information could have been compromised - even though she hadn't purchased anything from Target since 2004. She writes:.....snip~

    Yahoo!
    And everything being computerized is a great idea including health records ???

    NOT !!!
    Hi MMC

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Exclusive: Cybercrime Firm says uncovers Six Active Attacks on U.S. Merchants....

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    And everything being computerized is a great idea including health records ???

    NOT !!!
    Hi MMC

    Heya Penn. How have you been doing? Yeah.....plus do you see how they hit up Target too. They even went to past sales from people who used cards years before.

    People might want to just get rid of their cards and get new ones.....myself I don't use them anymore.

  5. #5
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Exclusive: Cybercrime Firm says uncovers Six Active Attacks on U.S. Merchants....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Penn. How have you been doing? Yeah.....plus do you see how they hit up Target too. They even went to past sales from people who used cards years before.

    People might want to just get rid of their cards and get new ones.....myself I don't use them anymore.
    I don't use them much just for this reason.
    Still have Visa but try not to use it-can't afford to.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Exclusive: Cybercrime Firm says uncovers Six Active Attacks on U.S. Merchants....

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    I don't use them much just for this reason.
    Still have Visa but try not to use it-can't afford to.

    Well.....this has gone from just 2 places to now 6 or more. It's only going to get worse. I think people need to go with a new card and not take any chances.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •