Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

  1. #11
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    He is a rising star among the right base...sort of. He's too moderate for many Republicans. But has appeal to a lot of independent voters.
    I agree, except, he is losing his appeal to the independents/moderates as more and more evidence of his political retributions surface.

    Partisanship and division turns us off. There's too much of that going on already.

    You might have noticed that I removed the "Christie for President 2016," from my signature line. When it comes to the pulse of the independents/moderates, and where they are at politically, just watch me. I am a pretty good indicator.

    Have a great weekend.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    1) He appeals to independents, not just the tea baggers and republican base

    2) From the northeast, considered a liberal stronghold

    3) Elected in NJ, a state that leans dem

    4) Got some things done by working with dems in the legislature, showing he can work across party lines

    5) Has a lot of personality and talks bluntly instead of like a typical politician
    Agreed on all 5 points, and with me, conservatives need to get their heads out of their asses on this one. Although I am not endorsing Christie (Assuming he really had no involvement in the bridge fiasco) he doesn't play social politics like some of the other more right leaning candidates do, and to me that's a good thing, and why I think independents break for him. Don't know how that will play out in the primaries though, but we'll see. I do like that he seems to have it together fiscally, and isn't afraid to take on big unions, and can articulate (Albeit rather bluntly) conservative fiscal principles in a way that lay people seem to get. Another thing I like is that this guy over any other (R) will most definitely bring it to Hillary in a presidential election.

    Three biggest things concerning Americans are, Debt, Economy, and Democare. However, the Dems will make the or try really, really hard to make the issues, Immigration, war on women, and general inequality issues. The low information voters will eat it up, but I'm hoping not enough. Christie seems to be the best to handle those issues, whereas guys like Cruz, Rubio, and Paul seem like they'd fall into the dems trap.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #13
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Bush got elected. Look how he screwed up being the governor of Texas! Didn't seem to hurt him any.

    Look at Scott Walker. Check the statistics on Wisconsin. Yet, he is considered a "rising star," in some conservative circles.

    After Obama got elected, I learned that a cult personality trumps just about anything. Past accomplishments/failures mean very little to much of the voting public. They will vote the way their favorite cable channel tells them to vote. Or, for the best looking. Or, whoever gives them warm, fuzzy feelings.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Just the fact that this fat, big mouthed, ding dong is even considered as a potential front-running candidate for POTUS speaks volumes for America at this time.

    Out of what, 150+ million eligible people; this loser is amongst the best the Republicans can come up with?

    And what do the Democrats have? Hilary? A woman who let's her husband make her look like a spineless nobody (remember 'stand by your man'?) who will do anything to make the White House. She has done nothing of substance. She has held title after title but done virtually nothing with each one except sound intelligent while actually saying nothing. And her first real challenge with Benghazi and she folds like a house of cards. Were she not a woman, she would not even be considered as anything special; politically speaking.
    I guarantee you that almost any successful Wall Street woman would make a far better POTUS then Hilary.

    It just shows that running for POTUS is about - who can sound the smartest while actually saying nothing at all. Style over substance.

    Congratulations America...welcome to your long, slow decline into mediocrity where fear, debt and mooching are king. Originality, personal responsibility and honor have been pushed to the back of the line.
    Last edited by DA60; 01-17-14 at 03:06 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State In U.S.: Study - Investors.com


    This is actually good news for Christie. With a record like this, he is uniquely qualified to be President.
    Businesses run from NJ when possible. I've lived in this state for almost 2 years now, it's a total piece of ****. All the crap that NJ gets from the other 49 States isn't enough to accurately portray the ridiculousness of NJ, it's politics, laws, and people.

    At this point I propose digging it under.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #16
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Businesses run from NJ when possible. I've lived in this state for almost 2 years now, it's a total piece of ****. All the crap that NJ gets from the other 49 States isn't enough to accurately portray the ridiculousness of NJ, it's politics, laws, and people.

    At this point I propose digging it under.
    That's how I feel about southern California.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Yesterday I caught a monstrous traffic on the New-Jersey turnpike. I think it's Chris Christie arranged.

  8. #18
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    What is so special about Christie, what was so special about Obama?
    Why are you turning this into yet another anti Obama thread? Don't we have 2,789,675 of them already? You could have given a intelligent answer like what reinoe posted.

    But since we want to make this about Obama, both republican and democrat can at least agree that his election was historical.

    Now can we please leave Obama out of this conversation for once?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post

    But since we want to make this about Obama, both republican and democrat can at least agree that his election was historical.
    It's true. Americans got what they deserved.

  10. #20
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Chris Christie's New Jersey Is Least Solvent State

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Agreed on all 5 points, and with me, conservatives need to get their heads out of their asses on this one. Although I am not endorsing Christie (Assuming he really had no involvement in the bridge fiasco) he doesn't play social politics like some of the other more right leaning candidates do, and to me that's a good thing, and why I think independents break for him. Don't know how that will play out in the primaries though, but we'll see. I do like that he seems to have it together fiscally, and isn't afraid to take on big unions, and can articulate (Albeit rather bluntly) conservative fiscal principles in a way that lay people seem to get. Another thing I like is that this guy over any other (R) will most definitely bring it to Hillary in a presidential election.

    Three biggest things concerning Americans are, Debt, Economy, and Democare. However, the Dems will make the or try really, really hard to make the issues, Immigration, war on women, and general inequality issues. The low information voters will eat it up, but I'm hoping not enough. Christie seems to be the best to handle those issues, whereas guys like Cruz, Rubio, and Paul seem like they'd fall into the dems trap.


    Tim-

    Can you provide to me some economic achievements that came out of New Jersey? Also I disagree with some of the comments about his politics. He is a smooth talker just like Bill Clinton. His record don't match the Hype.


    I personally think Huntsman is a good republican candidate that has the record to back it up. And he can work across party lines. But because he doesn't make smart a$$ comments like Christie, he is not appealing enough.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •