Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

  1. #1
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    If True, I wonder what Russia would do. With the US pulling back from the blanket support of Saudi Arabia, Russia could do a limited strike on Saudi Arabia, one of its cruise missile ships could fire a full volley at a few Saudi targets, (if it was the oil export terminal, Russia could gain some significant short term economic benefits


    Russian intelligence has now reportedly obtained solid proof that Saudi Arabia was directly involved in the twin terror attacks on the city of Volgograd.
    The attacks killed more than 32 people and injured over 100 others. Most of the victims were civilians.According to an informed Russian official source, reported by the Fars News Agency, Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) has informed President Vladimir Putin of the Saudi link to the Volgograd massacre.This will come as no surprise to Putin. The Russian leader was warned by the Saudi intelligence chief Prince Bandar Bin Sultan during a heated four-hour private meeting back in July that Wahhabi-sponsored terrorists based in the North Caucasus region of Russia would be targeting the Sochi Winter Olympics



    Given that it was reported a few months ago that Bandar did threaten Putin with the words that Saudi controls the islamist rebels in the caucus region, it certainly makes sense that Saudi Arabia either ordered or provided support to the attackes
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,632
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    Saudi Arabia might be an ally, but it is not a friend. It wouldn't bother me one iota if, given irrefutable evidence the Saudis were involved, Russia decided to shove a few missiles up some Saudi ass.

    Unfortunately, I have no idea if our government would turn into a bunch of hand-wringing pansies and get itself involved, rather than staying on the sidelines with a "well, you asked for it" attitude.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    If True, I wonder what Russia would do. With the US pulling back from the blanket support of Saudi Arabia, Russia could do a limited strike on Saudi Arabia, one of its cruise missile ships could fire a full volley at a few Saudi targets, (if it was the oil export terminal, Russia could gain some significant short term economic benefits





    Given that it was reported a few months ago that Bandar did threaten Putin with the words that Saudi controls the islamist rebels in the caucus region, it certainly makes sense that Saudi Arabia either ordered or provided support to the attackes[/LEFT]
    You're right, there certainly was a threat that proceeded this attack. Not that that alone would implicate SA. I would hope there would be full investigation, not just Bush style accusations, but then if it were in the end determined that it was an SA job, how could anyone condemn a Russian response.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #4
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    Saudi Arabia has a pretty big air force. Putin better come prepared.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #5
    Guru
    Fallenangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Israel/Russia/UK
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    I wish it was true,
    but the article is from Press TV.

    PressTV - Russia may hit back at KSA for Volgogard attacks


    Fallen.
    Click me > My Artsy Stuff

    "You’ve got one life, there’s no save-point and you’re going to die. Go out like a ****ing man!" - Brad Rigney

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    I wonder if Vladimir Putin remembers who's loyal to the Saudi King ?

    obama-bows-to-islam.jpg

    But then again, if Obama was willing to throw a long time ally (President Mubarak) under the bus who protected Israels south flank and helped keep the peace in the Middle East, Putin also may have taken that in consideration.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Saudi Arabia might be an ally, but it is not a friend. It wouldn't bother me one iota if, given irrefutable evidence the Saudis were involved, Russia decided to shove a few missiles up some Saudi ass.

    Unfortunately, I have no idea if our government would turn into a bunch of hand-wringing pansies and get itself involved, rather than staying on the sidelines with a "well, you asked for it" attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I wonder if Vladimir Putin remembers who's loyal to the Saudi King ?

    obama-bows-to-islam.jpg

    But then again, if Obama was willing to throw a long time ally (President Mubarak) under the bus who protected Israels south flank and helped keep the peace in the Middle East, Putin also may have taken that in consideration.
    An ally?!?!?! How is it that one dictator is an ally and the next is, well, a dictator?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    An ally?!?!?! How is it that one dictator is an ally and the next is, well, a dictator?
    AllPolitics - San Diego Convention - Famous Convention Speeches

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    The timeline for the various reports is a bit confusing.

    back in 2010 the Saudi based Council of Supreme Scholars issued a fatwa denouncing all acts of terrorism and criminalized financing terrorists. the term for the 'sin' was Kafer, or infidel. second lowest rung in the demon's pit.

    According to the OP,supposedly in July of last year Putin was having a heated discussion with 'Prince' Bandar over any potential terrorist attacks during the games. But it is reported the threats from Bandar came in August, could be a case of vague and contradictory 'reports' by the usual un-named sources. All of this against a back drop of reports of a secret flight to Russia to work out a monopoly on gas and oil in the region.

    Later it is reported in October the same year, Bandar and Putin are all smiles as Bandar warns of a major shift away from the USofA over the Iranian talks and a failure to take Syria's Assad out. (I remember this because the usual CON ranters were silly upset that Obama was 'losing' the Middle East.)

    So given all the crap flying around it is difficult to know what is actually being said by any of the major players.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Russia May Hit Back at Saudi Arabia for Volgogard Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    The timeline for the various reports is a bit confusing.

    back in 2010 the Saudi based Council of Supreme Scholars issued a fatwa denouncing all acts of terrorism and criminalized financing terrorists. the term for the 'sin' was Kafer, or infidel. second lowest rung in the demon's pit.

    According to the OP,supposedly in July of last year Putin was having a heated discussion with 'Prince' Bandar over any potential terrorist attacks during the games. But it is reported the threats from Bandar came in August, could be a case of vague and contradictory 'reports' by the usual un-named sources. All of this against a back drop of reports of a secret flight to Russia to work out a monopoly on gas and oil in the region.

    Later it is reported in October the same year, Bandar and Putin are all smiles as Bandar warns of a major shift away from the USofA over the Iranian talks and a failure to take Syria's Assad out. (I remember this because the usual CON ranters were silly upset that Obama was 'losing' the Middle East.)

    So given all the crap flying around it is difficult to know what is actually being said by any of the major players.
    While Putin and most of the major players are playing chess, does Obama continue to play checkers ?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •