Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 91

Thread: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

  1. #71
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    One reason those ROE's are in place is a modest attempt to protect civilians. You want to remove the only precaution we have and watch the civilian death tolls climb higher? Faster?
    Not even gonna comment on your attempt to start an argument im not making

  2. #72
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    Not even gonna comment on your attempt to start an argument im not making
    Ok, sure. But you said the ROE's amount to their hands being tied!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #73
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ok, sure. But you said the ROE's amount to their hands being tied!
    I didnt mention ROE i said rules and regulations. there's more to it then the ROE that we normally follow in wartime. There is other additions added on top of it that we must follow now. Like I said it has become political.. ROE as intended is very good.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    I didnt mention ROE i said rules and regulations. there's more to it then the ROE that we normally follow in wartime. There is other additions added on top of it that we must follow now. Like I said it has become political.. ROE as intended is very good.
    You're splitting hairs there. It's part of the expanded ROE's that exist when your fighting a loosing war against people that blend into civilian population.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    The way i look at it no matter what Obama did the right would disagree with it no matter what.
    Yeah, lets see if they are as immature as the left and blame him 6 years after he has left office

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    How many of these deaths are a result of the rules and regulations Coalition soldiers have to follow. Having our hands tied has not helped the situation at all there. It's become quite political. The time has come for us to leave, however I am very concerned on what will happen when we do
    the rules have not changed

  7. #77
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You're splitting hairs there. It's part of the expanded ROE's that exist when your fighting a loosing war against people that blend into civilian population.
    There's the rub, and there's why we should refrain from fighting wars anymore... we don't have the political will, nor the intestinal fortitude, to win. Trying to minimize civilian causalities is noble, absolutely, but when the opposing side blends in with, and is really a part of, the civilian population you only have two choices... ROEs and failure, or no ROEs and potential victory. Option C does not exist.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    There's the rub, and there's why we should refrain from fighting wars anymore... we don't have the political will, nor the intestinal fortitude, to win. Trying to minimize civilian causalities is noble, absolutely, but when the opposing side blends in with, and is really a part of, the civilian population you only have two choices... ROEs and failure, or no ROEs and potential victory. Option C does not exist.
    Option C exists in the minds of many here. Not sure why you believe option C doesn't exist, but for me its because killing babies and young children along with grandparents and the family pets, in perpetuity, isn't an option.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #79
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    There's the rub, and there's why we should refrain from fighting wars anymore... we don't have the political will, nor the intestinal fortitude, to win. Trying to minimize civilian causalities is noble, absolutely, but when the opposing side blends in with, and is really a part of, the civilian population you only have two choices... ROEs and failure, or no ROEs and potential victory. Option C does not exist.
    Option C exists in the minds of many here. Not sure why you believe option C doesn't exist, but for me its because killing babies and young children along with grandparents and the family pets, in perpetuity, isn't an option.
    Then you choose Option A, as noted in red.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #80
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: 74% of U.S. Afghan Casualties Came After Obama Ordered Troops Increased

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    When you airstrike a bunch of civilians its usually used as propaganda against you for recruits for the local "mujaheddin" to fight in that "holy war"....



    Yea.... But if they never wanted it to suceed why do it in the first place? Why increase drone strikes in the area? And why do a massive offensive? Doenst make much since at all...
    This is the "war" liberals wanted instead of Iraq. President Obama complied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •