Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 232

Thread: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

  1. #71
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    He simply doesnt get to make that call
    if will be a court decision

    he can choose to not recognize them while the stay is in place and if the ruling goes his way, which it wont but thats it

    also for the record the marriages are 100% legal and intact and to all states that recognize equal rights for gays

    so all those couples are still 100% marriage no matter how much this bigot stomps his feet and holds his breath lol
    You throw that word around with such authority, but rarely is it ever used correctly. I've pointed this out to you countless times, yet you still use the word incorrectly. How in God's green Earth is the governor of Utah a bigot, AGENTJ? Please do explain? Or were you doing what you always do, and hoping no one would call you out on it?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #72
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    1.)You throw that word around with such authority, but rarely is it ever used correctly.
    2.) I've pointed this out to you countless times, yet you still use the word incorrectly.
    3.) How in God's green Earth is the governor of Utah a bigot, AGENTJ?
    4.)Please do explain?
    5.) Or were you doing what you always do, and hoping no one would call you out on it?


    Tim-
    1.) authority? if you think so but i only use it accurately by its definition
    2.) yes you have given me you OPINION many tims on this but ZERO facts to support your opinion
    3.) by definition, he wants to deny people equal rights and treat them as lessers simply based on thier sexual orientation, that factually makes him a bigot and no this just isnt because during the stay he claims to not see marriages. Its his own words he has stated before equal rights was granted in UTAH and after they were
    4.) see #2
    5.) actually i LOVE when people argue against facts and lose, its the second most entertaining thing that happens here

    thank your for this bit of entertainment Facts>Tims Opinion
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #73
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) authority? if you think so but i only use it accurately by its definition
    2.) yes you have given me you OPINION many tims on this but ZERO facts to support your opinion
    3.) by definition, he wants to deny people equal rights and treat them as lessers simply based on thier sexual orientation, that factually makes him a bigot and no this just isnt because during the stay he claims to not see marriages. Its his own words he has stated before equal rights was granted in UTAH and after they were
    4.) see #2
    5.) actually i LOVE when people argue against facts and lose, its the second most entertaining thing that happens here

    thank your for this bit of entertainment Facts>Tims Opinion

    1. You have never used it correctly, ever as far as I can tell.
    2. When there are no facts just interpretations of issues and events, our opinions are elevated to status by the observer based on the stronger more desirable conclusion of ones opinions. You do know what a fact, is, correct?
    3. No, Sir, that still does not make him a bigot. What WOULD make him a bigot is if he wanted to do this for no rational reason at all. As I and many others have pointed out several times, and despite the fact that you wish to ignore their and my input, there are very good rational arguments to want to keep traditional marriage at the forefront of any civilized society. Place traditional heterosexual marriage above that of marriages of any other variety. Sticking your fingers in your ears, and stomping your feet isn't going to change that opinion.
    4. I don't need to "see #2", because you're still, as you always do, claim someone with an opinion of the interpretation of issues and events somehow needs to prove they have "facts" to support their opinion, when there are NO FACTS to be had. I and apparently many others take great joy at your endless use of the terms "100% factually correct" nonsense, when in the end, your opinions of SSM, and it's implementation are also based on opinions that are derived from your interpretation of issues and events.
    5. I haven't argued against facts, as there are none to be put forth.


    The fact is that there are no inalienable rights given to man by God. Men give rights, and men can take them away, FACT! Even our own Constitution is not set in stone, and rights and privileges have been given and then taken away throughout our history. FACT, a single individual took nullified the voice of the people under a state constitutionally recognized due process, and did it based on nothing more than his interpretation of issues and events. Call them his interpretation of the laws, but semantics doesn't change the reality of what happened, or whenever it happens.

    Now you can continue to play your little game all you like but I know you, and I can't promise I'll play for too much longer as I have real important things to be doing.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you have ZERO facts to support you thanks, thats what i thought

    FACTS: the marriages issued are 100% intact and legal and all those people are still factually and legally married as far as the FED is concerned and any other state that recognizes equal rights, Facts defeat your post again. See California cases.
    Fact are in the op, your failure to grasp is on you, you lost, take it like a man. PS California has nothing to do with Utah, talk about failed deflection

  5. #75
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    1. You have never used it correctly, ever as far as I can tell.
    2. When there are no facts just interpretations of issues and events, our opinions are elevated to status by the observer based on the stronger more desirable conclusion of ones opinions. You do know what a fact, is, correct?
    3. No, Sir, that still does not make him a bigot. What WOULD make him a bigot is if he wanted to do this for no rational reason at all.
    4.) As I and many others have pointed out several times, and despite the fact that you wish to ignore their and my input, there are very good rational arguments to want to keep traditional marriage at the forefront of any civilized society. Place traditional heterosexual marriage above that of marriages of any other variety. Sticking your fingers in your ears, and stomping your feet isn't going to change that opinion.
    5. I don't need to "see #2", because you're still, as you always do, claim someone with an opinion of the interpretation of issues and events somehow needs to prove they have "facts" to support their opinion, when there are NO FACTS to be had. I and apparently many others take great joy at your endless use of the terms "100% factually correct" nonsense, when in the end, your opinions of SSM, and it's implementation are also based on opinions that are derived from your interpretation of issues and events.
    6. I haven't argued against facts, as there are none to be put forth.


    7.)The fact is that there are no inalienable rights given to man by God.
    8.)Men give rights, and men can take them away, FACT!
    9.) Even our own Constitution is not set in stone, and rights and privileges have been given and then taken away throughout our history.
    10.) FACT, a single individual took nullified the voice of the people under a state constitutionally recognized due process, and did it based on nothing more than his interpretation of issues and events. Call them his interpretation of the laws, but semantics doesn't change the reality of what happened, or whenever it happens.

    11.) Now you can continue to play your little game all you like but I know you, and I can't promise I'll play for too much longer as I have real important things to be doing.


    Tim-
    1.) ding ding ding, correct as far as YOU can tell which is meaningless but facts and the dictionary also disagree with your ability to tell
    2.) but there are facts, you ignoring them doesn't change reality, your ability to deny them doesnt impact thier existence. SO the solution is very simply, preset ANY facts that make my usage wrong, Heck just present ONE fact. You cant, you wont and you will never be able to because you are factually wrong.
    3.) by definition it makes him a bigot, if you dont like this fact thats your issue but his words and the definition of the word all prove you wrong.
    4.) no there are none because opinions done impact fact. Bigots also though they had good reason to deny women and minorities equal rights too. All those illogical mentally retarded reasons were destoryed and proved wrong then and the same remains true today about those wanting to deny gays equal rights. But you are free to stand by your reasons all you want. ALso note i have no intrest in changing your OPINION i just pointed out the fact that OPINION is the rest of us are dealing in FACTS.
    5.) yes we all get that, you dont see it because you are biased and want to deny facts based on your OPINION lol
    6.) yes you have and you lost just like every other time continuing my entertainment

    7.) weird dont recall ever saying there was. oh thats right i didnt just a meaningless desperate strawman that impacts nothing
    8.) also meaningless to the topic, why dont you just say yellow is a color, FACT, that has just as much impact lol
    9.) see #8
    10.) voice of the people meaningless to equal rights, see womans rights, minority rights and interracial marriage
    11.) translation you are running out of lies, deflections and meaningless failed starmen and facts are still winning

    once again FACTS > Tims opinion

    he is factually a bigot and SSM is factually and equal rights issue

    if you disagree simply provide any FACTS that prove otherwise, i bet you cant
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #76
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Fact are in the op, your failure to grasp is on you, you lost, take it like a man. PS California has nothing to do with Utah, talk about failed deflection
    nothing in the OP supports you, not one thing LOL

    FACTS: the marriages issued are 100% intact and legal and all those people are still factually and legally married as far as the FED is concerned and any other state that recognizes equal rights. Facts defeat your post again. See California cases. No amount of yout opinion will change this fact but its hilarious watching you try.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #77
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    The federal government WILL recognize the marriages that the state are refusing to recognize.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/11/us...utah.html?_r=0
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  8. #78
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) ding ding ding, correct as far as YOU can tell which is meaningless but facts and the dictionary also disagree with your ability to tell
    2.) but there are facts, you ignoring them doesn't change reality, your ability to deny them doesnt impact thier existence. SO the solution is very simply, preset ANY facts that make my usage wrong, Heck just present ONE fact. You cant, you wont and you will never be able to because you are factually wrong.
    3.) by definition it makes him a bigot, if you dont like this fact thats your issue but his words and the definition of the word all prove you wrong.
    4.) no there are none because opinions done impact fact. Bigots also though they had good reason to deny women and minorities equal rights too. All those illogical mentally retarded reasons were destoryed and proved wrong then and the same remains true today about those wanting to deny gays equal rights. But you are free to stand by your reasons all you want. ALso note i have no intrest in changing your OPINION i just pointed out the fact that OPINION is the rest of us are dealing in FACTS.
    5.) yes we all get that, you dont see it because you are biased and want to deny facts based on your OPINION lol
    6.) yes you have and you lost just like every other time continuing my entertainment

    7.) weird dont recall ever saying there was. oh thats right i didnt just a meaningless desperate strawman that impacts nothing
    8.) also meaningless to the topic, why dont you just say yellow is a color, FACT, that has just as much impact lol
    9.) see #8
    10.) voice of the people meaningless to equal rights, see womans rights, minority rights and interracial marriage
    11.) translation you are running out of lies, deflections and meaningless failed starmen and facts are still winning

    once again FACTS > Tims opinion

    he is factually a bigot and SSM is factually and equal rights issue

    if you disagree simply provide any FACTS that prove otherwise, i bet you cant


    1. Facts and the dictionary PROVE you wrong, want to see. Definition of FACT - "1.something known to be true: something that can be shown to be true" Definition of Bigot - "a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas". The idea being "fairly" as the key to why you use it incorrectly. As I have explained previously to you, rationale, and fair depends on ones perspective and their interpretation of issues and events.
    2. You have presented no facts that say the Governor of Utah is a bigot.
    3. No it doesn't and I have shown you that the definition of what you think a bigot is, and what a bigot actually is, are not consistent with contemporary understanding.
    4. Ah, but see now we're getting somewhere. You're still using bigotry in the wrong context. Not everyone that was against elevating the rights of minorities and or women were bigots. There were very good rational reasons at the time and these opinions were shared by a great many. You use equal rights as if there is some magical understanding that all people regardless of any circumstance are all necessarily equal. You're comparing the plight of homosexuals to that of race and gender, yet I find no common sense reason to do so. My assertion is that homosexuality is a choice per say, not always conscious and often unconscious, but still a choice in that we choose to put ourselves in positions where the causal nature (Still not yet understood) of homosexuality influences our normal heterosexual potential. Now you are free to disagree with that assertion, and I have no facts to back me up, but then again, neither do you. What you can present is a political effort to sway the light science communities to portray an alternative scenario in which homosexuality is not a mental state that can be prevented, but one of biology, and completely out of the control of the individual.
    5. I don't deny anything. I've vested a great deal of time on the subject and have way more knowledge of it than you do, and that much is obvious. I am open minded on the subject, and have stated many times that if homosexuality were proven to be mostly or entirely biological, I would put on a gay pride shirt and march right along side them. I'm still waiting on that evidence.
    6. I know that makes you feel better.
    7. Weird? Hmm... But you imply in your arguments that equal rights is something that transcends all of man's whimsical nature, and that men who, by their whimsical nature deny equality, are they themselves bigots for doing so. So, by logical extension, if men decide what rights we have, then isn't it equally logical that men can also decide what rights we should not have? I guess my question to would be, whom do you define as "man"?
    8. No, I chose that path of argument specifically to show you up. I know it was a little mean on my part, but I wanted to illustrate just how incoherent you are on the subject matter when applied to a more advanced level of understanding. Your arguments from what I've seen are superficial, and never really approach meaningful debate that include intangible factors and variables that promote honest discussion.
    9. See #8? You originally claimed or implied that you had the facts, and the facts were that this judge had it right, and that the Governor of Utah was a bigot because he chose the side of the people who chose freely and without duress to choose to not sanction gay marriage in their state. Now, you're saying that any reference to the fundamental structure of our laws, the constitution is not applicable to any debate on that subject matter?
    10. No, se that's where you wrong. The voice of the people does matter, and I argue that in matters where society can be impacted it is not only wise to seek the peoples opinion in a free society, but they have a duty and responsibility to offer it. You equating homosexual marriage to race and gender is a non sequitor, and you should know it by now.
    11. I'm not running out of anything but patience.
    12. Once again I've never claimed my opinion to be anything other than an opinion of my interpretation of issues and events.
    13. No he's not, but SSM might be an equal rights issue, and that's for society to eventually decide.
    14. Here again with the facts thingy.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    What if they simply have their private marriage contract Recorded with that office for full faith and credit purposes? There is no need for an "official" ceremony for a natural right and purely private Act.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It wasn't an argument for or against, simply a statement of the reality of the moment.
    This is a debate site. As such everything is read under the light that it's an argument. The only reason to bring up cohabitation is to say SSM should be legal because gays are living together anyway.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •