Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 232

Thread: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

  1. #201
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    You can vote until your blue in the face, but if the law you vote in is unconstitutional it will not stand. Sorry.
    Yes well that's the issue, are such bans unconstitutional? Does the fed have the grant (constitutionally speaking) to define the marriage contract? Is this a constitutional matter of equal rights? Everyone has opinions on the answers to those questions, however, the sole determiner in law has yet to conclusively ring in on those answers. In fact they've gone to great lengths to avoid answering.

  2. #202
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,231

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You've once again managed to perfectly describe your own posts, good work!
    translation: you still got nothin and post 185 destroyed your posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  3. #203
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you still got nothin and post 185 destroyed your posts

  4. #204
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,231

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  5. #205
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    exactly
    Then we agree, your continued use of this tactic is laughable.

  6. #206
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    05-12-18 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    19,442
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    You can vote until your blue in the face, but if the law you vote in is unconstitutional it will not stand. Sorry.



    Some people don't like it, but in the USA you can't vote other people's rights away.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  7. #207
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,231

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Then we agree, your continued use of this tactic is laughable.
    yes watching facts destroy your posts is very VERY amusing to us
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  8. #208
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 09:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Some people don't like it, but in the USA you can't vote other people's rights away.
    Of course you can.

  9. #209
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    05-12-18 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    19,442
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Of course you can.



    Not as long as the U.S. Supreme Court stays in business.

  10. #210
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 09:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Utah will not recognize same-sex marriages performed before high court stay

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Not as long as the U.S. Supreme Court stays in business.
    During.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •