Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 138

Thread: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

  1. #51
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    OMG!! Apacherat nailed it. The Jews in New York are planning to commit mass suicide. LOL.
    Why would you commit suicide if you are going to be killed? Jews are smarter than that. And tricky. This could be a smokescreen for ZOG to take over while we are distracted by...a Hitler clone, visitors from Tau Ceti, a resurgence of the hula-hoop craze?

    Be afraid.









    (naw, just kidding)

  2. #52
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I've heard that anti semitism had a larger presence in Poland than in Germany during that era.
    There were some ugly incidents at the end of the WW I, when Jews were often perceived as likely to support the friendly little neighbor ruled by Leon Trotsky and Co.

    The Polish government under Piłsudski, however, took measures to protect minorities, and there was no institutionalized discrimination. It wasn't quite the "paradisus Iudaeorum" of the old Renaissance Poland, but still nowhere close to what was happening in Germany.

    (Independent entities, like Catholic trade unions, did have exclusionist rules, effectively blocking Jews, Orthodox Christians and Protestants from working in certain areas; some universities had a limit on the percentage of Jews attending - just like Harvard).

    In any case, the negative attitude was not so much anti-Semitism as anti-Judaism - almost entirely along the religious lines. Nobody was thinking in terms of racial purity.
    Last edited by Cyrylek; 01-09-14 at 03:49 AM.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    There were some ugly incidents at the end of the WW I, when Jews were often perceived as likely to support the friendly little neighbor ruled by Leon Trotsky and Co.

    The Polish government under Piłsudski, however, took measures to protect minorities, and there was no institutionalized discrimination. It wasn't quite the "paradisus Iudaeorum" of the old Renaissance Poland, but still nowhere close to what was happening in Germany.

    (Independent entities, like Catholic trade unions, did have exclusionist rules, effectively blocking Jews, Orthodox Christians and Protestants from working in certain areas; some universities had a limit on the percentage of Jews attending - just like Harvard).

    In any case, the negative attitude was not so much anti-Semitism as anti-Judaism - almost entirely along the religious lines. Nobody was thinking in terms of racial purity.
    Hey Cyrlek

    You probably have more knowledge and personal experiences with Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union and had personal contact with those who lived in pre WWll Europe than most on the PD.You sure did on the former Politico. You been there and done that.

    I still remember in 1958 as a eight year old of riding my Schwinn bike a mile across the neighborhood to a corner market to stare at the old Jew who had numbers tattooed on his forearm.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Hey Cyrlek

    You probably have more knowledge and personal experiences with Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union and had personal contact with those who lived in pre WWll Europe than most on the PD.You sure did on the former Politico. You been there and done that.

    I still remember in 1958 as a eight year old of riding my Schwinn bike a mile across the neighborhood to a corner market to stare at the old Jew who had numbers tattooed on his forearm.
    I am 58 years old and I riding my Schwinn
    And read "Mein Kampf " Hitler, in the paper version. This is one of the books in my library. Not the best. But it has some historical interest.
    Is it necessary read this book for young people? I do not know. If a young man clever, why not? Well, if young man fool, is no difference.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,409

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    >"E-book versions of Hitler's opus are rising in the rankings on Amazon and iTunes. What gives?"<

    That's exactly what I was going to say, what gives ?

    I haven't read "Mein Kampf" in over forty years. May have to read it again.

    So what say you ? What's your take on this ?


    >" You won’t see Adolf Hitler peering back at you from the featured display tables at Barnes & Noble any time soon. But browse the most popular e-book stores these days and Der Führer’s mug is seemingly unavoidable. For a year now, his magnum manifesto has loomed large over current best-sellers on iTunes, where at the time of this writing two different digital versions of Mein Kampf rank 12th and 15th on the Politics & Current Events chart alongside books by modern conservative powerhouses like Sarah Palin, Charles Krauthammer and Glenn Beck.

    In fact, all seven of Beck’s books trail Herr Hitler’s nearly century-old tell-all, which consistently holds its own against new e-blockbusters like Game Change by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin, This Town by Mark Leibovich, and Nate Silver’s The Signal and the Noise

    Mein Kampf hasn’t made The New York Times nonfiction chart since its U.S. release in 1939, the same year Germany invaded Poland, and its print sales have fallen steadily ever since. But with a flood of new e-book editions, Hitler’s notorious memoir just clocked a banner digital year. One 2012 English-language version is currently the number one Propaganda & Political Psychology book on Amazon. Another digital selection is a player in the Globalization category..."<

    Continue -> A "Mein Kampf" Resurgence, Thanks to Amazon's Kindle
    I think Mein Kampf is in the must read category. It demonstrates how absolutely negligent of all responsibility the German population was. In spite of the document they voted that man into power. It is that fact that makes it obvious that every individual should be held personally and collectively responsible for the actions committed in his name.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,055

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    I have my grandfathers edition of Mein Kampf. It has a list of people who felt it should be read because they felt it exposed Hitler for who and what he really was. The name that struck me the most was Albert Einstein. Having said that I have tried to read the book 2-3 times but it is so bad I always give up, one day i will force myself through it.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  7. #57
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    There is nothing wrong with reading the book. I dont see the big deal.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #58
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    That's what I'm thinking, people are reading it out of curiosity.

    With the failure of Obama, maybe the left are thinking abandoning internationalist socialism and thinking of going the way of nationalist socialism ?

    When you look at the progressives (true progressives) during America's progressive era, it was close to nationalist socialism.
    Leave it to you to tie this to Obama...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #59
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Why would you commit suicide if you are going to be killed? Jews are smarter than that. And tricky. This could be a smokescreen for ZOG to take over while we are distracted by...a Hitler clone, visitors from Tau Ceti, a resurgence of the hula-hoop craze?

    Be afraid.









    (naw, just kidding)
    This explains it. Hitler was taken by the Russians and given to their hula hoop wearing alien overlords to clone. But the cloning didn't go well, and he ended up with dark skin. So they came up with a plan for him to be "born" in Kenya where nobody would notice. He was smuggled to Hawaii and given a fake birth certificate under the name "Barack Hussein Obama II."

    You didn't hear this from me, though....


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #60
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Kindle Führer: “Mein Kampf” Tops Amazon Charts

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    And you probably think the United States is a democracy ?

    It's a REPUBLIC.

    BTW: It's nationalist not national. One could say nationalist are nativist. You know, America first. America # 1.

    Have you ever read the Progressives Dillingham Commission report to Congress ?
    Indeed, "America #1" certainly sounds like a liberal position. Conservatives, on the other hand, never express such a thing.

    And you missed the point. Nazis were socialist about in the way that North Korea is a Peoples' Democratic Republic.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •