Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 112

Thread: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

  1. #41
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Oh! That's because he's the man that can.
    That's very troubling to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,265

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    That's very troubling to me.
    You're a smart man. You should be troubled.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The discussion of the NSA is toward the USA spying on its own citizens.

    The untold damage done by a USA citizen spying against us for Israel is
    reason enough for a simple soul like me to give them carte blanche .
    Oh I see. Well thank god your not the simple soul that can do that.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Oh! That's because he's the man that can.
    Sandra Day O'Conner warned us during the Bush administration not to let that camel get its nose under the rug and the GOP partisans mocked her. Before that, there was ample (and dire I would add) warning from senator Church and the Church committee, which has been ignored, you probably don't even know what he warned us of. So, Obama is getting away with what he's doing now because partisans and morons have looked the other way during past administrations.

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,265

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Sandra Day O'Conner warned us during the Bush administration not to let that camel get its nose under the rug and the GOP partisans mocked her. Before that, there was ample (and dire I would add) warning from senator Church and the Church committee, which has been ignored, you probably don't even know what he warned us of. So, Obama is getting away with what he's doing now because partisans and morons have looked the other way during past administrations.
    In truth, I do not know which warning by Church you are alluding to.

    But whatever it was, it cannot be an excuse for letting down one's guard now. That is not what precedent means.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,923
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress | World news | theguardian.com

    Senator Sanders really putting the NSA in a political minefield! [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Hmm, this does seem to say congress is more worried about the NSA spying on them than the people. But I guess I could have expected nothing less. Congress always takes care of themselves first, the best benefits, the best health care, the best retirement system, the best per diem, the best expenses allowed, so many free trips back and forth to D.C., then they usually exempt themselves from the laws they pass that they expect us to toe the line on.

    Such is our beloved government, the elites who know what is better for us than we ourselves.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #47
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Then we shouldn't have spied on Cuba during the Cuban missile crisis by that reasoning.
    And exactly where was this faux outrage last administration with the Patriot act ?
    Many people, myself included, have been objecting to the illegitimate Unpatriot Act since it was passed. The criminality displayed by Congress and both administrations has been most apparent to those of us paying attention.

    I'm thrilled that Bernie Sanders has taken this step. It will be interesting to see what comes of it. I have little to no faith in the ability of Congress assembled to do the right thing and follow the document it is ruled by.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    In truth, I do not know which warning by Church you are alluding to.

    But whatever it was, it cannot be an excuse for letting down one's guard now. That is not what precedent means.
    Google the Church Committee and look at the achilles heel he predicted the NSA would become if it was not tightly regulated, and this was nearly 40 years ago for Christ's sake. I beg to differ with you, in that we are most assuredly where we are today because of apathy and failure to do as Senator Church admonished all those years ago. It has been a progression that got us where we're at now, not something that was flipped on like a switch the day Obama sat down at his desk in the Oval Office. Of our 16 or so intelligence agencies, the NSA has the largest budget and the least oversight. Jump on the band wagon and join the voices that DEMAND reform of the NSA rather than stand in the corner with the other pussies that call Ed Snowden a traitor.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 01-04-14 at 01:50 PM.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress | World news | theguardian.com

    Senator Sanders really putting the NSA in a political minefield! [/FONT][/COLOR]
    So what then? It's OK to spy on us, but not the douchebags who run this country? If anything, I'd say that needs to be reversed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #50
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senator presses NSA to reveal whether it spies on members of Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Many people, myself included, have been objecting to the illegitimate Unpatriot Act since it was passed. The criminality displayed by Congress and both administrations has been most apparent to those of us paying attention.

    I'm thrilled that Bernie Sanders has taken this step. It will be interesting to see what comes of it. I have little to no faith in the ability of Congress assembled to do the right thing and follow the document it is ruled by.
    Before its passage there were two men that could have prevented its passage, Patrick Leahy and Tom Dashel, the only two who's offices were anthraxed, with anthrax originating from a US army post.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •