Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 749

Thread: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164, 712]

  1. #661
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Actually I am an atheist who thinks religious beliefs are absurd.

    You fail.
    *** cough***

  2. #662
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I never advocated a witch hunt in the first place. I merely pointed out that he fits the profile.

    Also, lack of evidence is not evidence. So your reasoning doesn't make rational sense.
    Can you link to the profile?

  3. #663
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Can you link to the profile?
    Yes. Look it up.

  4. #664
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,658

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Just a public service reminder:

    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #665
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Yes. Look it up.
    You are the genius or at least you claim. It shouldn't take you that long to link them and or have them in your reference material at hand

  6. #666
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Could you explain the reasoning you used to come to that conclusion?
    The fact that he hasn't molested children to the best of my (or the public's) knowledge. And that you have asserted he is yet shown no evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  7. #667
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The literalist version of the creation story you keep referring to, which is not the one I posted, is also false. it's not even a fable, it's false.

    You post a pic about the sun being made on the 4th day, but the bible never says the sun was created on the 4th day. It says "let there be", not "God created".

    The bible never says the earth is flat, either. Things like "the four corners of the world" are figures of speech we still use today. Referring to Earth's foundation....the Earth has a foundation, it's a solid iron core spinning fast generating a magnetic field. Saying man can't move the Earth from it's foundation is true, we can't remove the core nor can we change Earth's orbit around the sun.
    The "Old Testament" describes the Earth as a circle, which is two-dimensional i.e. flat. It also describes a tree which could be seen from any point on Earth and a mountain top from which the entire surface of the Earth can be viewed etc. In no way can any of this be interpreted to mean anything other than a flat Earth. I think the ancient Hebrews knew what was meant to be said since they wrote it and even they believed the Earth to be a flat disk. If you're only relying on the Bible, that is the only conclusion that can be reached based on what it contains. There just isn't any way around it.

    Now, lets take a brief stroll through history. Sometime around the year 600 B.C.E., Pythagoras suggested a three-dimensional/spherical model for the Earth. It was regarded as a scientific and mathematical fact by the Greeks and most other civilizations in the region within 300 years. It does not make sense that the flat Earth view experienced a resurgence, even among educated people, hundreds of years after the preponderance of the civilized world had accepted the Greek model unless the spread of Christianity and the biblical literalism it brought with it is taken into account. It was Biblical literalism which reintroduced the flat Earth view as a valid belief and, yes, many of its proponents were educated people with important roles in the early Christian Church and positions of influence in the courts of converted monarchs and emperors.

    Over the next few centuries, the flat-Earth model gradually faded away again and was only espoused by an almost invisible biblical literalist minority. Its now the late 6th/early 7th century C.E. Enter Isidore of Seville. The biblical literalists just would not let the two-dimensional Earth model die and, when a man regarded by some of his contemporaries as one of the sharpest minds of the age says he thinks the Earth is a two-dimensional wheel, BAM: 1,200 years of established scientific fact goes flying out the window again and we get Earth-wheel maps floating around for the next 700 years. Its fine if some religious people, such as yourself, want to spend another 1,900 years trying to reconcile the empirical realities of the world and universe we live in with your beliefs, but don't make the rest of us come along for the ride or try to muddy the waters with pseudoscience and arbitrary reinterpretation of biblical text along the way.
    Last edited by Napoleon; 02-07-14 at 02:58 AM.

  8. #668
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    The "Old Testament" describes the Earth as a circle, which is two-dimensional i.e. flat. It also describes a tree which could be seen from any point on Earth and a mountain top from which the entire surface of the Earth can be viewed etc. In no way can any of this be interpreted to mean anything other than a flat Earth. I think the ancient Hebrews knew what was meant to be said since they wrote it and even they believed the Earth to be a flat disk. If you're only relying on the Bible, that is the only conclusion that can be reached based on what it contains. There just isn't any way around it.
    Your translation is ridiculous.

  9. #669
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Yes. Look it up.
    There isn't any profile. It is just Muhammed telling us that he doesn't like Bill Nye and can't come up with any solid reason to. So he makes up something he feels would be horrible and applies it to Mr. Nye.
    No evidence, no profile, no content, just a silly guy who doesn't like another guy and makes up **** in a transparent, ineffectual attempt to discredit him.
    BTW Muhammed anyone can score high on those online IQ tests if you take them enough times to look up and memorize the answers. You obviously haven't impressed anyone here with your unproven, full of yourself, claims of intellectual prowess and my bet is that you are not likely to start now.
    Give it up, your unsubstantiated egotistical claims and tired trolling tactics are as old and about as useful as last weeks used coffee grounds.
    If you have nothing more than an unexplained dislike for Bill Nye then perhaps you should keep it to yourself.

  10. #670
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    The fact that he hasn't molested children to the best of my (or the public's) knowledge. And that you have asserted he is yet shown no evidence.
    Your reasoning is fallacious. It is solely based on a logical fallacy. Argumentum ad ignorantiam to be specific.

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •