Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 749

Thread: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164, 712]

  1. #571
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Does anyone assert that the great flood happened in 2000 BC?
    So what ..there was a local flood...
    There wasn't any magic...

  2. #572
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,751

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Having never argued that the Bible is 100% factual I am not sure why so many people insist on arguing things I did not say.
    So what percentage of the Bible do you think is factual? Do you just pick and choose?

    I would like to point out, though that the term used for "Earth" in the original text of Genesis is "eres" which actually can mean everything from the entire planet, to all dry land, to a geographical region, to dirt. So essentially your argument depends on the meaning intended by the original author. At best you can argue that the common interpretation of Genesis is wrong.
    The early Hebrews had no clue about the larger universe, they didn't know that there was anything farther away than the moon, they thought all the stars were hung on the inside of a dome over a flat earth. There really is no way to justify any of these beliefs, if the whole Hebrew concept is wrong, how can you think any of it is right?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #573
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I agree with you. If I had been in the debate, I would have let go with a string of invectives pretty much every time Ham opened his mouth. What comes out of the mouths of creationists is complete and total %$^@$. They deserve to be called on it.
    Ham didn't choose intellectual giants like Dawkins or Hawking because they would have mopped the floor with his face made him look an inch tall. Nye was chosen because he is a lightweight who wants people to reach their own conclusions on what is most reasonable without exposing his opponent's ignorance and in the most diplomatic way possible.
    Last edited by Napoleon; 02-05-14 at 09:24 PM.

  4. #574
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,642

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    So what percentage of the Bible do you think is factual? Do you just pick and choose?
    I'm somewhere between the fundamentalist "all of it!" and your "None of it!". I don't trouble myself with percentages because that really isn't the point of faith.

    The early Hebrews had no clue about the larger universe, they didn't know that there was anything farther away than the moon, they thought all the stars were hung on the inside of a dome over a flat earth. There really is no way to justify any of these beliefs, if the whole Hebrew concept is wrong, how can you think any of it is right?
    I have already spoken at length about this. You are certainly displaying a rather closed mind on the subject, though. All is true or none is true? Yes, very open minded of you. I am simply pointing out that arguing the factual nature of the great flood is not as black and white as you make it given the nature of critical words in the ancient text.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #575
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,642

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    So what ..there was a local flood...
    There wasn't any magic...
    Another bit of semantics here: The universe and all we know is said to be part of God and his creation. God can't do magic because any act of God, by definition, is natural.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #576
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,642

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I'm sure some where someone does. Just like people assert the entire world was flooded.
    So yo are creating a counter argument to something someone somewhere might have said? Don't you have better ways to spend your time?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #577
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The best part of this entire ordeal is that the atheist evolutionists are getting completely wrapped around the axle about this. The debate isn't even a blip on my radar.
    A post that disproves itself. Those are fun.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #578
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,458

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    They have no evidence. They also like to point to questions science hasn't fully explained as if that is proof of God... so they are putting themselves in a position where they will constantly lose ground. I don't get it. I am not atheist, but I understand science and God are different.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I think the idea was to beat Ham so bad it would embarrass the movement.

    You should see these Conservapedia types man, they are mentally deranged when it comes to this subject and all this debate will do is reinforce their delusions of intellectual integrity.

    They literally believe that science itself is on the side of Young Earth Creationism, their evidence is completely ****ing bogus.

  9. #579
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,458

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    I agree. He seems like a nice person.


    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    It's not his style. He's just a kind gentle man and that's all there is to it.

  10. #580
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,458

    Re: Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate Creation museum founder Ken Ham[W:164]

    Ask him a question he cannot explain and his answer is "its a miracle from God."

    He often sounded like a preacher giving a sermon. Why did he keep bringing up marriage when it wasn't relevant? I can't believe he argued if there were no Christians or Bible, everybody would be immoral, wrong, and corrupt.


    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Ham actually believes in an ark.

    He actually thinks that because we weren't there, we can't extrapolate what happened from the past based on actual data.

    This guy is freaking nuts, how did the sloth somehow swim to the ark? How did all the carnivores suddenly become vegetarians.

    It all comes down to "well, a miracle happened", no....it didn't.

    Prove it you religious ignorant zealot dumbass.

Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •