Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 104

Thread: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

  1. #31
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, he's not doing anything now. He didn't punt for anyone this year. So it's a question of reading a crystal ball. I'm not saying they read it wrong, but it is interesting how the most vocal gay rights advocate in the league is unemployed....
    Well...you know...some people get persecuted for an opinion...and some people cheer about it. That karma thing...it IS a bitch.

    Dont know if he was fired for his outspoken nature or not. Guess he can always call Phil Robertson and go shoot ducks together. Im sure GLAAD and the NAACP are full on board with a league wide blacklisting for an opinion. In fact I'd say they were setting the model. IF that is the reason (and again...not because he just isnt worth the league minimum for veteran players).

  2. #32
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Well...you know...some people get persecuted for an opinion...and some people cheer about it. That karma thing...it IS a bitch.

    Dont know if he was fired for his outspoken nature or not. Guess he can always call Phil Robertson and go shoot ducks together. Im sure GLAAD and the NAACP are full on board with a league wide blacklisting for an opinion. In fact I'd say they were setting the model. IF that is the reason (and again...not because he just isnt worth the league minimum for veteran players).
    As much as I'm sure that Fox and the RW blogosphere are indignant over it. That's the funny thing about hypocrisy, it knows no ideological boundaries.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #33
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Well...you know...some people get persecuted for an opinion...and some people cheer about it. That karma thing...it IS a bitch.

    Dont know if he was fired for his outspoken nature or not. Guess he can always call Phil Robertson and go shoot ducks together. Im sure GLAAD and the NAACP are full on board with a league wide blacklisting for an opinion. In fact I'd say they were setting the model. IF that is the reason (and again...not because he just isnt worth the league minimum for veteran players).
    GLAAD and NAACP don't seem to have supported anything of the sort?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #34
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    GLAAD and NAACP don't seem to have supported anything of the sort?
    Really? They were not just in favor of A&E suspending a person over their beliefs and personal opinion but rather foot stomping insistent, wouldnt you say?

  5. #35
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    As much as I'm sure that Fox and the RW blogosphere are indignant over it. That's the funny thing about hypocrisy, it knows no ideological boundaries.
    Well...just for a check in...its not like this was exactly common knowledge. But I certainly agree. Anyone that was upset over Phil Robertson being suspended should be upset over this (IF 'this' is actually 'this'. Cuz really...what we have is his belief that it MAY be, although...probably not really...but still) just as anyone that was supportive of Phil Robertson being suspended should be equally supportive of the NFL teams not hiring the guy. IF...you know...thats the reason.

  6. #36
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,877

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    GLAAD and NAACP don't seem to have supported anything of the sort?
    Damn right they have - where have you been?
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #37
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Well it's clear to me given the Te'o and Rogers fiascos (and many others, going back to reggie white at least) that, regardless of the veracity of this claim, the NFL is way too homophobic to ever support.

  8. #38
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Seriously? That guy's account means to you that he's telling the entire unbiased truth? If you're going to paint the Vikings as a bigoted organization, that's the best you could come up with? What if his release had zero to do with his comments? Ever think of that? If you're want to draw a parallel situation, maybe it should actually be similar. He does have a persecution complex and whines a lot, so I can certainly see why you'd identify with him.
    Well what's strange about it is they kept him on for so long despite speaking his mind. It's not going to help end the indisputably homophobic climate in the NFL if the few supporters are falsely claiming discrimination (or in Ayanbadejo's case, claiming then retracting). However...there is one player who is likely gay and was denied a contract for fear of the attention it would bring:

    Is Kerry Rhodes An NFL Free Agent Because He's Gay? | SportsGrid

    Talent like that isn't kept off rosters unless there really is discrimination going on.

  9. #39
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    So this punter might be trying to use whatever leverage he can come up with to get back into the big bucks.
    Yeah no. If you know anything about the NFL, it's a cult. There's no way you badmouth any high ups as bigots and then end up with another team, especially as an expendable special teams player. He knew very well his accusation will blow any chances he has.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

    Moderator's Warning:
    I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40] Remember to keep things civil or you will be removed from the thread.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •