Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

  1. #91
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I think you are suffering from gay persecution paranoia. OMG....if I come out or speak out "they" are going to kill me.
    Why don't you tell us then why none has come out? I shouldn't expect more from NFL fans than to either deny their idols would ever behave this way, or to not care at all. So which is it? And i'm not in the NFL, so this hardly applies to me.

    I didn't say this would actually happen either, but i can see why the possibility would deter them from saying anything.

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Why don't you tell us then why none has come out? I shouldn't expect more from NFL fans than to either deny their idols would ever behave this way, or to not care at all. So which is it? And i'm not in the NFL, so this hardly applies to me.

    I didn't say this would actually happen either, but i can see why the possibility would deter them from saying anything.
    I can honestly say I'm in the "don't care" camp.

    If they're gay, cool. If they're straight, cool. I don't really care, I just want to see my team do well. If they feel they have to keep it in the closet to play in the NFL...well, that sucks for them but I'm not going to shed a tear that they need to keep that quiet in order to make thousands to millions a year playing a game.

  3. #93
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I can honestly say I'm in the "don't care" camp.

    If they're gay, cool. If they're straight, cool. I don't really care, I just want to see my team do well. If they feel they have to keep it in the closet to play in the NFL...well, that sucks for them but I'm not going to shed a tear that they need to keep that quiet in order to make thousands to millions a year playing a game.
    I don't care about the current NFLers so much because of what you mention, they're spoiled and worshiped. But i do wish that gay youth had someone to root for or didn't give up on sports that won't accept them at such high rates. Also with all the football/basketball athletes at "liberal" college campuses, how many are out? That would be 0. Pro sports definitely has a trickle down effect, because they hold the decisions to draft someone or not. And with GMs asking rookies "do you like girls?", even when it violates city employment laws, the answer seems to be no.

    If the NFL wants to openly discriminate, start by giving up federal subsidies, moving out of cities and states that ban such tactics, and being even more explicitly homophobic just to make it clear who's not wanted.
    Last edited by chromium; 01-03-14 at 11:40 PM.

  4. #94
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Why don't you tell us then why none has come out? I shouldn't expect more from NFL fans than to either deny their idols would ever behave this way, or to not care at all. So which is it? And i'm not in the NFL, so this hardly applies to me.

    I didn't say this would actually happen either, but i can see why the possibility would deter them from saying anything.
    maybe because there just aren't that many gay NFL players and, unlike some people, being gay isn't what defines them as a person. Therefore they don't feel the need to stand up and yell "ooooh, look at me, I'm gay"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #95
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    FWIW, from a purely business stance, most NFL teams are going to hire the best players they can get, whether that player is straight, gay, a convicted felon (vick), a guy who literally shoots himself in the foot (burress), a guy with multiple DUIs or past history of drug abuse, etc, etc, etc.


    the very fact that the Raiders signed this guy after he was cut by the Vikings is proof that there is no NFL-wide policy that discriminates against gay activists. The Raiders knew all about Kluwe's activism and still they gave him a shot, he just wasn't good enough to make the cut.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #96
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    maybe because there just aren't that many gay NFL players and, unlike some people, being gay isn't what defines them as a person. Therefore they don't feel the need to stand up and yell "ooooh, look at me, I'm gay"
    ESPN did a survey where 1/3 NFL players said they suspected they had gay teammates, so i doubt that. Probably it's as Wade Davis describes and it's hostile environment for them still. The fact that former players have come out and said they wish they had while playing but were afraid to, i'll take their word for it.

    I also consider how adamantly those who are suspected of it swear they are not gay. Kordell Stewart, Aikman, Rodgers, Te'o. It's like the NFL is stuck in 1950s.

  7. #97
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    FWIW, from a purely business stance, most NFL teams are going to hire the best players they can get, whether that player is straight, gay, a convicted felon (vick), a guy who literally shoots himself in the foot (burress), a guy with multiple DUIs or past history of drug abuse, etc, etc, etc.


    the very fact that the Raiders signed this guy after he was cut by the Vikings is proof that there is no NFL-wide policy that discriminates against gay activists. The Raiders knew all about Kluwe's activism and still they gave him a shot, he just wasn't good enough to make the cut.
    Why do they all find obvious beards then? That's really going out of their way to deny something that you claim would make no difference. Why are the GMs asking rookies if they like girls for that matter?
    Last edited by chromium; 01-04-14 at 08:09 PM.

  8. #98
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post

    I also consider how adamantly those who are suspected of it swear they are not gay. Kordell Stewart, Aikman, Rodgers, Te'o. It's like the NFL is stuck in 1950s.
    or maybe they just aren't gay.......
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #99
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  10. #100
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot[W:40]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    or maybe they just aren't gay.......
    Or maybe you wish they weren't. Whether they are or not, the aggressive reactions tells me it would not help their careers to say the least if they didn't deny deny.

    Te'o was phone sexting a dude for months and invented a girlfriend out of thin air. Mormon, samoan, homophobic school, football, wonder why he would resort to that hmm....

    Stewart gathered the whole team to make the point the rumors were false. If you're going to imply it's attention seeking to come out...

    Aikman threatened to beat the **** out of the reporter who suggested it. Granted, that was long ago.

    Aaron Rodgers, a multimillionaire living with a "male roommate" who has been giving strong hints for years that they are a couple. Brings him to awards shows in matching suits, first person he runs to after winning super bowl, lets him wear the super bowl ring..."
    “Silence always comes with an expiration date..”

    The girl he's with now, "best friends for 9 years before they started dating." Sure sounds like a beard to me. Oh, but he really *really* likes women.

    Here's to the happy couple: http://4-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/...4jcXAC0EoH.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wLq3RglJjU...aron_kevin.jpg

    Honestly, don't even bother with the beard and denials at this point. Unless you're in a profession where to not deny is still seen as career suicide. Heck, Rodgers was drafted awfully low for his talent...it's been rumored that long.
    Last edited by chromium; 01-04-14 at 10:12 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •