Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 286

Thread: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

  1. #251
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You mean to say that our defense contractors used a Russian study to influence a congressional Pentagon budget increase? Ok, I'll go along!
    First, I didn't say just our defense contractors. You do not believe that all contractors do not work together to some extent to make sure they sell their services?
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    China could soon defeat the United States and its allies in a naval conflict in the East Pacific, says Vassily Kashin, a senior research fellow at the Moscow-based Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies.

    In a commentary published on Dec. 27 on the website of the Voice of Russia, the Russian government's international radio broadcasting service, Kashin says it is "highly probable" that by 2020 China could defeat the US in a local conflict in the east part of the Pacific or slow down the transportation of US forces to the region after it completes its current cycle of reforming and rearming the People's Liberation Army.

    "China could be able of reaching its political goals even before the US localizes all the necessary forces for a full-scale counterattack," Kashin said.

    Well, we could only hope that such events need not ever be stress tested.
    50 years ago, when I was a student of the Soviet school, teachers tells us every day, that America is about to collapse. 20 years as there is no Soviet Union, but aspiring communists continue to bark.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    First, I didn't say just our defense contractors. You do not believe that all contractors do not work together to some extent to make sure they sell their services?
    You mean a conspiracy amongst global defense contractors to deceive congress to increase the Pentagons budget?

  4. #254
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,336

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It depends on who "we" is? Those guys in post 202.
    War with china won't happen for a few reasons, number 1 is of course nuclear weapons. Our systems work. Theirs do too. We might hit a Cold War, but unless both countries have defense systems capable of stopping ICBMs (which I'm sure we have hacking technology...but not much in terms of shooting them down)...the odds of war are just too drastically low to even consider possible.

    Also consider that Our navy consists of the greatest nuclear submarines in the world. Bar none. I doubt china has the ability to handle such submarines.

    China's greatest threat is itself and its people. Eventually their population or their government will not be able to be controlled internally and they will face civil war.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    War with china won't happen for a few reasons, number 1 is of course nuclear weapons. Our systems work. Theirs do too. We might hit a Cold War, but unless both countries have defense systems capable of stopping ICBMs (which I'm sure we have hacking technology...but not much in terms of shooting them down)...the odds of war are just too drastically low to even consider possible.

    Also consider that Our navy consists of the greatest nuclear submarines in the world. Bar none. I doubt china has the ability to handle such submarines.

    China's greatest threat is itself and its people. Eventually their population or their government will not be able to be controlled internally and they will face civil war.
    Civil war for China, WOW! That's quite a prediction. Ok, but I'll stay with the Pentagon on this, and THEY have reported their "serious concerns" to Congress about the growing threat of China's military to project itself beyond the China sea. So if you disbelieve the threat, you need to argue with the Pentagon.

  6. #256
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    50 years ago, when I was a student of the Soviet school, teachers tells us every day, that America is about to collapse. 20 years as there is no Soviet Union, but aspiring communists continue to bark.
    Yes, now phone that in to the Pentagon.

  7. #257
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Doesn't China's current naval capacity amount to little more than a coastal defence fleet? I never understood the apparent concern over China's emergent economy. Having suddenly discovered that ploughing fields with oxen may not be the most productive format, everyone should tremble? You don't get away with economic development while allowing social mobility to languish. For the most part, China's people still chafe under Third World conditions. That's a house of cards. They must be around three hundred years behind the West.

    Any emergent economy will experience its most rapid rate of growth from its inception. We can't predict just where China's top end will level off. If I have to guess, the point at which its economic ascent will find itself curtailed by its social dilemma, could be anywhere from 20-50 years, failing some unexpected social and/or economic crisis that precipitates a revolution. It won't continue to remain unaddressed, that I do know.

    That China should attain anything even approaching America's force projection over so abrupt a period as seven years, is laughable. Even given an economy oriented exclusively for war, it would do so at the expense of the same Western credits that has served as its cement. God knows its own people aren't in a position to create demand.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Doesn't China's current naval capacity amount to little more than a coastal defence fleet? I never understood the apparent concern over China's emergent economy. Having suddenly discovered that ploughing fields with oxen may not be the most productive format, everyone should tremble? You don't get away with economic development while allowing social mobility to languish. For the most part, China's people still chafe under Third World conditions. That's a house of cards. They must be around three hundred years behind the West.

    Any emergent economy will experience its most rapid rate of growth from its inception. We can't predict just where China's top end will level off. If I have to guess, the point at which its economic ascent will find itself curtailed by its social dilemma, could be anywhere from 20-50 years,failing an unexpected revolution. It won't continue to remain unaddressed, that I do know.

    That China should attain anything even approaching America's force projection over so abrupt a period as seven years, is laughable. Even given an economy oriented exclusively for war, it would do so at the expense of the same Western credits that has served as its cement. God knows its own people aren't in a position to create demand.
    4 words: Pentagons report to Congress!!!!

  9. #259
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    4 words: Pentagons report to Congress!!!!
    One more: Irrelevant.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: China could defeat US in East Pacific conflict by 2020: Russian analyst

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    One more: Irrelevant.
    Oh crap! I had no idea the Pentagon was irrelevant!!!

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •