Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

  1. #31
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    As I said elsewhere, the US has not been clear enough on how it will react to threats and disturbances. One of the main points in reacting is to make people understand that you will do, what you say you will do. You lose that stabilizer, if you haven't told the people, what you will do.
    that's a non sequitur.
    We are pretty clear what we are "doing".
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  2. #32
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...they didnt ask for help. They didnt have to. The Afghanistan people were being ruled by a pretty ruthless bunch of ****heads that made the final fatal error of allowing a terrorist organization to openly operate within their borders. Oh...sure...Im certain you think they would be better off with the Taliban in charge still. Who needs art, culture. Women shouldnt be allowed to read anyway...just fills their heads with nasty thoughts about rights, progress, equality.

    Hey...whats your favorite method of death for a woman that teaches a girl over the age of 7 to read? Do you prefer stoning or just the good old fashioned basic rifle to the back of the head thing?
    So now we're supposed to not only nationbuild a "graveyard of the empires", but also change their way of life?

    Wow. Pretty heavy agenda. In truth there has been some progress on women's rights, but it's upto the Afganis.
    It is not our business to drag them out oftheir feudal society. All we are interested in, is degrading AQ
    -eveerything else is just "missioncreep"
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  3. #33
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    So now we're supposed to not only nationbuild a "graveyard of the empires", but also change their way of life?

    Wow. Pretty heavy agenda. In truth there has been some progress on women's rights, but it's upto the Afganis.
    It is not our business to drag them out oftheir feudal society. All we are interested in, is degrading AQ
    -eveerything else is just "missioncreep"
    And that is different from what I posted how exactly?

  4. #34
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And that is different from what I posted how exactly?
    if it doesn't, thaen I misread your intent, my intent was to say exactly what I did, that we have no interest in buiding a stable Afganitan,.
    Not to the point other then degrading AQ.

    Our drone attacks in Paki/N.Wazir are countless (literally unquantifyable),
    yet the Taliban now are a more cohesive force in Paki, and show no sign of wanting to co-operate with the current Afg, gov't

    This is a messageboard, and if i misead your intent, my apologies.
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  5. #35
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No I'm not. I made the argument very clearly. We were in Afghanistan because they allowed terrorists to use their country as a BO against us. That their citizens and especially women have better opportunities as a result of our intervention is just a happy bi-product.
    Except that that isn't true. Women have no better opportunities.

  6. #36
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Except that that isn't true. Women have no better opportunities.
    Women better represented in Afghan Cabinet than in Australia | News.com.au

  7. #37
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No I'm not. I made the argument very clearly. We were in Afghanistan because they allowed terrorists to use their country as a BO against us. That their citizens and especially women have better opportunities as a result of our intervention is just a happy bi-product.
    Is that like the happy bi-product of Iraqi oil distribution to the coalition partners from attacking Saddam Hussein to prevent a mushroom cloud over an American city that of course he could NEVER have produced?

  8. #38
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    So you think it's more difficult to be a woman in Australia... and you have less opportunity than in Afghanistan? Really?

  9. #39
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Is that like the happy bi-product of Iraqi oil distribution to the coalition partners from attacking Saddam Hussein to prevent a mushroom cloud over an American city that of course he could NEVER have produced?
    I think you should do your research on where that oil went to from Iraq. You'll fine the first oil contracts was to China, not the US

  10. #40
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    So you think it's more difficult to be a woman in Australia... and you have less opportunity than in Afghanistan? Really?
    Yes, that's my argument; do you always presume idiocy to win debates?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •