Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75

Thread: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

  1. #21
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,664

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    This should be what we call "their problem". The Afghanistan people need to stand up and take control of their own country or let a handful of backward ass mountain ****s own them. Their choice. Their president has stabbed the US in the back at every turn while he tries to play both sides of the fence. Playtime is over. We should put a bow on that POS country and give it back to them. Thrive or die...their choice.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,298

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I am confused. Are you talking about Afghanistan or Pakistan or Saudi Arabia?
    Always.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    This should be what we call "their problem". The Afghanistan people need to stand up and take control of their own country or let a handful of backward ass mountain ****s own them. Their choice. Their president has stabbed the US in the back at every turn while he tries to play both sides of the fence. Playtime is over. We should put a bow on that POS country and give it back to them. Thrive or die...their choice.
    I don't believe they ever asked for any US help to begin with, thank you very much. Can the US now just stay home and stop ****ing with the ME already.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,298

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You said that the US gave Afghan's the chance to improve their lives, when in fact we were told that al Qaida in A-Stan was responsible for 9/11 and we needed to go take them out.
    And you assume these two are mutually excluding aims?

  5. #25
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    And you assume these two are mutually excluding aims?
    Please dispense with the notion that the US went into A-Stan and spent blood and treasure to take out al Qaida and improve life for the Afghanistan people.

    Before the U.S. invasion, before the Russian war, before the Marxist revolution, Afghanistan used to be a pretty nice place.
    An astonishing collection of photos from the 1960s was recently featured by the Denver Post.

    http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured...s-photos/5846/

    Read more: Astonishing Pictures Of Afghanistan From Before The Wars - Business Insider

  6. #26
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,664

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't believe they ever asked for any US help to begin with, thank you very much. Can the US now just stay home and stop ****ing with the ME already.
    No...they didnt ask for help. They didnt have to. The Afghanistan people were being ruled by a pretty ruthless bunch of ****heads that made the final fatal error of allowing a terrorist organization to openly operate within their borders. Oh...sure...Im certain you think they would be better off with the Taliban in charge still. Who needs art, culture. Women shouldnt be allowed to read anyway...just fills their heads with nasty thoughts about rights, progress, equality.

    Hey...whats your favorite method of death for a woman that teaches a girl over the age of 7 to read? Do you prefer stoning or just the good old fashioned basic rifle to the back of the head thing?

  7. #27
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...they didnt ask for help. They didnt have to. The Afghanistan people were being ruled by a pretty ruthless bunch of ****heads that made the final fatal error of allowing a terrorist organization to openly operate within their borders. Oh...sure...Im certain you think they would be better off with the Taliban in charge still. Who needs art, culture. Women shouldnt be allowed to read anyway...just fills their heads with nasty thoughts about rights, progress, equality.

    Hey...whats your favorite method of death for a woman that teaches a girl over the age of 7 to read? Do you prefer stoning or just the good old fashioned basic rifle to the back of the head thing?
    Again! Your making the argument that we were in A-Stan to improve the quality of life for women. That is a joke. 13 years, 2,000 lost US servicemen/women and a trillion dollars and nada.

  8. #28
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Wait a minute, you mean Obama's strategy of Surging troops in but then having a politicized pull-out divorced from on the ground conditions is guaranteed to fail?

    Say it Aint' So!


    Oh. Wait. We've been saying this for years.

  9. #29
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,664

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Again! Your making the argument that we were in A-Stan to improve the quality of life for women. That is a joke. 13 years, 2,000 lost US servicemen/women and a trillion dollars and nada.
    No I'm not. I made the argument very clearly. We were in Afghanistan because they allowed terrorists to use their country as a BO against us. That their citizens and especially women have better opportunities as a result of our intervention is just a happy bi-product.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,298

    Re: Afghanistan gains will be lost quickly after drawdown, U.S. intelligence (WAPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Please dispense with the notion that the US went into A-Stan and spent blood and treasure to take out al Qaida and improve life for the Afghanistan people.

    Before the U.S. invasion, before the Russian war, before the Marxist revolution, Afghanistan used to be a pretty nice place.
    An astonishing collection of photos from the 1960s was recently featured by the Denver Post.

    Remembering 1960s Afghanistan, the photographs of Bill Podlich

    Read more: Astonishing Pictures Of Afghanistan From Before The Wars - Business Insider
    And? That does not prove your point. You did not explain, why you think that the two aims are incompatible.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •