Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S. tor

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S. tor

    Much to the chagrin of man-made global warming activists who want to tie every weather event to so called ‘global weirding’, 2013 has turned out to be one of the “least extreme” weather years in U.S. history. See: New Study: ’2013 ranks as one of the least extreme U.S. weather years ever’– Many bad weather events at ‘historically low levels’

    ‘Whether you’re talking about tornadoes, wildfires, extreme heat or hurricanes, the good news is that weather-related disasters in the US are all way down this year compared to recent years and, in some cases, down to historically low levels.’

    ‘Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S. tornadoes — 15% lower than previous record — 2013 also had the fewest U.S. forest fires since 1984 | Climate Depot

  2. #2
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S.

    But since nothing happened in the US, they will focus on weather events happening everywhere else in order to sensationalize global warming. It's never ending with these people. Everything that occurs is proof man made global warming is destroying the planet. Good weather, bad weather, neutral weather.... all because of global warming. This will unfortunatly not disappear for another 100 years when their abysmal predictions are all proven wrong. Until then, we are stuck with the alarmist headlines and the pushing of socialist agenda's.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  3. #3
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,151

    Re: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Much to the chagrin of man-made global warming activists who want to tie every weather event to so called ‘global weirding’, 2013 has turned out to be one of the “least extreme” weather years in U.S. history. See: New Study: ’2013 ranks as one of the least extreme U.S. weather years ever’– Many bad weather events at ‘historically low levels’

    ‘Whether you’re talking about tornadoes, wildfires, extreme heat or hurricanes, the good news is that weather-related disasters in the US are all way down this year compared to recent years and, in some cases, down to historically low levels.’

    ‘Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S. tornadoes — 15% lower than previous record — 2013 also had the fewest U.S. forest fires since 1984 | Climate Depot
    I can't help but think that if were the other way around you wouldn't be saying it's proof of anything. I guess since it props up your view...

    We don't know enough about what is actually happening with weather. Sorry to disappoint the extremists on both sides.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #4
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S.

    In other news, it was cold outside somewhere so clearly no global warming.

    Then in August, clearly global warming.

    Don't get me started on hemispheres....
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #5
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,583

    Re: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S.

    We had literally no hurricanes in our area this year. Nothing. Not even a heavy rain, and usually, we have several brushes a year, which result in heavy, heavy wind and rainfall. This year? I wasted my flood insurance money.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Much to the chagrin of man-made global warming activists who want to tie every weather event to so called ‘global weirding’, 2013 has turned out to be one of the “least extreme” weather years in U.S. history. See: New Study: ’2013 ranks as one of the least extreme U.S. weather years ever’– Many bad weather events at ‘historically low levels’

    ‘Whether you’re talking about tornadoes, wildfires, extreme heat or hurricanes, the good news is that weather-related disasters in the US are all way down this year compared to recent years and, in some cases, down to historically low levels.’

    ‘Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S. tornadoes — 15% lower than previous record — 2013 also had the fewest U.S. forest fires since 1984 | Climate Depot
    Tornadoes are just one form of extreme weather. Moreover, there is a lot of year-to-year variability.

    If this post is aimed a validating or questioning AGW, it makes no contribution in either direction.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I can't help but think that if were the other way around you wouldn't be saying it's proof of anything. I guess since it props up your view...

    We don't know enough about what is actually happening with weather. Sorry to disappoint the extremists on both sides.
    weather comes in cycles, has ever since man started tracking it

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Tornadoes are just one form of extreme weather. Moreover, there is a lot of year-to-year variability.

    If this post is aimed a validating or questioning AGW, it makes no contribution in either direction.
    MY reply above covers this statement as well

  9. #9
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S.

    Gee, suns gone quite, it's getting a little chilly and weathers calming down.

    COULD THERE BE A CONNECTION? What was that al? It's my SUV that's the real driver of climate... give you 20000 for carbon credits to assuage my guilt...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Least extreme U.S. weather years ever?’: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Gee, suns gone quite, it's getting a little chilly and weathers calming down. COULD THERE BE A CONNECTION? What was that al? It's my SUV that's the real driver of climate... give you 20000 for carbon credits to assuage my guilt...
    Course one year's weather doesn't a climate make. SW has been in a severe drought for three years now. Oklahoma is on the fringe of the native pecan habitat. The drought has killed off quite a few wild trees along the dry creeks. (some are 80 years old- we counted the rings) Our creek used to have 100 year floods a couple of times a year. My grade school daughter and I watched catfish swim across the road. Those days are long gone.

    We have set record summer temps several times of late. Lakes used by cities are almost dry. Wichita Falls Tx, has announced stage 5 drought, but until now there never was a stage 5 so they are working on what that really means.

    You have to look at this a bit more than a small snippet taken out of the data stream.

    But if we start getting our annual 100 year floods back, I'll start listening to the decriers.

    I am not holding my breath....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •