Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I admit that going feigning surprise that gun crime happened in an area where there was strict gun laws is a bit over the top.

    However....it's no less over the top then the feigned outrage about the LACK of strict gun laws in the wake of incidents of gun crime.

    Yes, gun laws aren't going to stop ALL gun violence. However, lack of gun laws aren't the enabler of all violence as well. This is hardly some kind of ridiculous method of argument in the gun debate, but it is somewhat interesting that I only see you complaining towards one side that acts such a way.
    ,
    I'm not sure what you mean about feigned outrage about the lack of strict gun control, I didn't see any in this topic. But in other topics it may be that its because I acknowledge the effectiveness of gun control as a means of stopping gun violence depending on how that control is implemented. One only has to look at Europe as an example of where strict gun control has reduced gun violence to almost nil, it of course means giving up our freedom to own and sell guns the way we do now, the two are not compatible.

    What I said earlier about this being the price of freedom was not by any means an exaggeration, if you want society to have free and open access to guns the way we have than one must accept that people are going to shoot each other with guns. Of course that was before I realized this was a pellet gun, but in general I find that statement true.

  2. #22
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    No, I'm upset because you used a clearly dumb argument to criticize them, ie "Well there's a law so how did this happen" and other sarcastic bull****. Also Washington DC is not a gun free zone, one can in fact legally own a weapon there.

    DC had a complete handgun ban for years. that is the point. IT also had a a massive murder rate because criminals didn't worry about being shot by intended victims. DC was proof that gun bans are counterproductive because people willing to commit murder or armed robbery don't pay attention to gun control laws and those who wouldn't think of robbing or murdering are disarmed

    another example of you attacking pro gun posts



  3. #23
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    About the gun law.

    Only law abiding citizens obey the law.

    Criminals do not.

    This only takes guns out of law abiding citizens hands but criminals do have them.

    Where is the public safer, with the gun in a law abiding citizens hands or a criminals?

    The law only make the public more unsafe.

  4. #24
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Are you being deliberately daft? If ANYONE expected the fact that a law is written on a piece of paper to stop crime why the hell does any state, city, county, whatever have a police force? Must I explain that laws require enforcement? Must I explain that no law is designed to work in the manner which you've accused this one of not working? Must I explain that if we take this position of yours, that a law should be expected to stop crime by simply being in existence that we would simply outlaw crime and be done with it?

    Do I need to explain this or do you want to drop this cutesy still ignorant sarcastic act you've got going on here?

    This is simply the price of freedom.
    According to the Libbos, if we could just ban guns, everything would be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #25
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    According to the Libbos, if we could just ban guns, everything would be ok.
    According to cons, if everybody was armed, nothing bad would ever happen ever again.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    According to cons, if everybody was armed, nothing bad would ever happen ever again.
    If bad people are the only ones totin' guns means that only bad things will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If bad people are the only ones totin' guns means that only bad things will happen.
    fark_74cxSW1hX6DeZX9nqAOgbXvT-qY.jpg
    Not even worth a response

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    fark_74cxSW1hX6DeZX9nqAOgbXvT-qY.jpg
    Not even worth a response
    Because you don't have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because you don't have one.
    You're right I don't, "guns keep the bad people away" despite sounding like something you tell a child about a stuffed animal and monsters is just too fine an argument to refute.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Somebody Shot A D.C. Santa Claus While TV Crew Was Filming

    This is really about gun control now? Ok.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •