Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 263

Thread: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

  1. #121
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Depends on who you say it to....



    Using your intuition to determine evolutionary mechanisms isn't bigoted, just ignorance.
    Intuition? How about we play, and you tell me of an evolutionary mechanism that would support a primarily homosexual method for admixing genes? Yeah thought so..



    History speaks for itself, it's not a matter of opinion. Marriage like we see in the last few hundred years is much different than it used to be. Your "tradition" has changed and it can survive other changes.
    Can it? Social changes like this rarely yield results quickly. However, we can look at nations that have exclusively embraced homosexualism such as the Netherlands for clues; we see an increase of out of wedlock births in the last 15 years to the tune of 50%. In other words, marriage, as it was in Holland, doesn't seem to mean what it used to. Holland's population, like many European nations is being propped up by Muslim immigration. ironic, eh?


    If allowing gays to marry somehow affects your marriage, you have issues in your marriage.....Furthermore, Churches are free to deny gays based on their dogma, but your church cannot block gays from societal or marriages in religions that accept gays....
    So? How does opposing it make someone a bigot?



    I want you to picture the red "X" from Family Feud. Wrong again. I'd take the time to provide evidence to this fact if I thought, for one second that you could be convinced to the contrary....Instead I'll settle for just telling you're categorically wrong.

    Convenient, and how thoughtful of you, but frankly, I've forgotten more about the topic of homosexuality both scientifically, and psychologically, than you'll ever know. All you can do is exactly what I stated which is point to studies that are methodologically flawed as to be mostly useless, and scientific hypothesis' that are not reproducible, rest mostly on conjecture, and assumptions, and as of yet, entirely 100% unverifiable. Next?



    Yet another unqualified assertion.....The most important thing is that a child has parents that love them and nurture them. Two moms or two dad that love and care for their child, is better than 1 mom or 1 dad....Or a mom and a dad that are abusive or neglectful.

    Yes, that's why I qualified my statement with all things being equal.. I am aware and I agree that a loving parent, or parents that truly care for their children are better than those that don't, but isn't that stating the obvious. I try not to be pretentious when making assertions, as not to be impolite to my audience.



    And heturosexuals don't have similar seedy subcultural lifestyles?

    The difference in that our seedy side doesn't define us as a group.



    I'm not aware of "institutionalization" of homosexuallity in schools. Feel free to point out what your talking about.


    And yet you come at me as if I'm some ignorant knuckle dragging know nothing, and yet, you're barely aware of what's actually happening right now in many states. Indoctrination by presenting a singular rosey viewpoint of homosexuality without a qualified alternative opinion is institutionalizing by definition.



    What non-Christian sponsored, peer reviewed evidence do you have to offer to support this claim? (the sponser is less important than peer review).

    Peer review by an APA sponsored group or publication with skin in the game is as equally meaningless when attempting to unveil the truth. You're psychological peer review is as equally religious as any Christian opinion. They both rely on a faith in their opinions and speculation.



    Your walk'in a fine line.....

    No, you and others that knee jerk into anyone that disagrees with you are the ones walking the line, and I'd wager that I've proven that in regards to calling people bigots like dishing out candy, you've crossed the line, and I am here to put you back over it.



    Sure, can you please offer evidence to the avalanche of assertions you just made?

    All available evidence, on BOTH sides of the issue is haphazard, flawed, poorly misunderstood, and based on one's belief that they really wish it to be true. Whether it is true or can be verified as true doesn't seem to matter to those with skin in the game. I have no skin in the game, I am not a homosexual, nor do I care what they do on their own time, and I believe they have a right to be left alone as long as they're not hurting anyone, but I can't stand when the left attempts to brow beat those in opposition if nothing other than their own belief system, because under it all, and if you take the wrapping off, it's all just really a wanting to believe what they want to believe, but no authoritative reason to do so.

    Good night,


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #122
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Dude was brave enough to share his own, harmless belief and everyone crucifies him for telling his truth. I guess everyone should just lie and pretend for the T.V about serious things that deserve the respect of sharing his truth honestly?
    Once again, people are not offended by him saying that he is a Christian and as a Bible believing Christian, he believes homosexuality is a sin. It's not some attack on his religious beliefs. What people are offended about is his comparing homosexuality to bestiality. When you basically equate the two lesbian chicks down the road that have been living together for a decade to some sicko that rapes his dog, people will get offended. What part of that is so difficult to grasp??
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  3. #123
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Intuition? How about we play, and you tell me of an evolutionary mechanism that would support a primarily homosexual method for admixing genes? Yeah thought so..
    You obviously have no idea how evolution works. Evolution does not concern itself with culture and social norms. Gay and lesbian people are physically capable of reproduction and they do reproduce. Thus any genetic basis for their sexual preference can be passed on to subsequent generations. For example, there are plenty of self-loathing closeted social conservatives that have managed to have large families just the same.

    Moreover, if you are a Christian, then evolution is wholly incompatible with it. So I am not sure why you are using that as an argument.
    Last edited by SouthernDemocrat; 12-20-13 at 11:29 PM.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #124
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Dude wtf are you talking about? The bible says the same thing you are accusing Ahmedinejad of saying!!

  5. #125
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,922

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You must not have looked too hard- it was all over the morning major networks. I saw it on ABC's 'Good Morning America'....
    I saw a lot of references to a backlash, but, honestly, Breitbart.com was, at the time, the only source that mentioned the viral Facebook boycott page in the headline.
    Нава́льный 2018

  6. #126
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    You obviously have no idea how evolution works. Evolution does not concern itself with culture and social norms. Gay and lesbian people are physically capable of reproduction and they do reproduce. Thus any genetic basis for their sexual preference can be passed on to subsequent generations. For example, there are plenty of self-loathing closeted social conservatives that have managed to have large families just the same.

    Moreover, if you are a Christian, then evolution is wholly incompatible with it. So I am not sure why you are using that as an argument.
    Dear Lord, really? Homosexuals cannot reproduce homosexually. Men can mix their sperm with female eggs and nurture them in a female womb, and that's about the way it's done. Evolution has no foresight, it does not do anything with a purpose, it only is. We evolve in many different ways due to external, and internal pressures. Those pressures are not necessarily physical in nature, they are often intangibles like psychologically, societally, culturally. We most certainly do evolve, and we're doing it right now, and we're doing it based on a manner in which the fittest genes will always come out on top. Fittest genes does not or is always incorrectly misinterpreted to mean bigger stronger faster, but that is simply not the case. The fittest genes are those that merely continue to pass themselves on. It doesn't matter why, only how often.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #127
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Dear Lord, really? Homosexuals cannot reproduce homosexually.

    Tim-
    That is irrelevant, because they certainly can and do reproduce just like everyone else does. Thus their genes get passed on. This argument you are making is absurd. Are you saying that gay men never impregnate women? Are you saying that lesbian women never get impregnated by a man? If those things happen, and they do, then they can pass on their genes and any genetic basis for their sexual preference.

    You should read works like The Selfish Gene.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #128
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Once again, people are not offended by him saying that he is a Christian and as a Bible believing Christian, he believes homosexuality is a sin. It's not some attack on his religious beliefs. What people are offended about is his comparing homosexuality to bestiality. When you basically equate the two lesbian chicks down the road that have been living together for a decade to some sicko that rapes his dog, people will get offended. What part of that is so difficult to grasp??
    So what? People are allowed to be stupid as long as they arent screwing with other people. I happen to think girl on beastiality is kinda kinky (although I would never do it or take part in it in any way or date a girl that did it because I feel it is wrong). Yet male on male homosexuality grosses me out. It makes me go "Ewwww". But im not enforcing my whim in taste on other people and neither is he to my knowledge. If we was hurting gay people id care. Hes just being a stupid honest person though so I forgive him. This instantly makes him better than most the people i meet in real life who just fake smile to your face all tie and tell bold face, sarcastic lies to your ears just for the sake of avoiding conflict through argument.

    A&E could have used this truthful oppurtunity to bring in some figure head, like a homosexual chistian preacher or something and used an honest moment for something worth capturing. Or they could censor him in their way and act like all the other people who choose to ignore the ugly and fake smile to your face. All about image right?

    Some people honestly dont care what you think of them on their opinions. If you did this with the most evil and vile things you KNOW about yourself would have you trouble sharing it with the world? Whatever it is you have deep down inside you that you know the face of society will judge you for. Are you brave enough to be your 100% self in front of this face
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #129
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    That is irrelevant, because they certainly can and do reproduce just like everyone else does. Thus their genes get passed on. This argument you are making is absurd. Are you saying that gay men never impregnate women? Are you saying that lesbian women never get impregnated by a man? If those things happen, and they do, then they can pass on their genes and any genetic basis for their sexual preference.

    You should read works like The Selfish Gene.
    That's not what I'm saying at all, silly?

    I'm saying that for a homosexual gene to be on the locus of a homosexual male or female and that's how homosexuality propagates, it would have born itself out many eons ago. Let's be generous and say that there are 5% of the population that is homosexual. Now, lets say that ALL OF THEM reproduce, how long do you figure it will take to have no more homosexual gene? Not very long, evolutionarily speaking, right? Do you honestly believe that a 5% segment of a population can maintain a 5% segment of a population indefinitely? You wouldn't agree with that, right? I'm asking because you seem to suggest that it could and does?? Very strange, and you accuse me of ignorance? No Sir, if there is a homosexual gene, it is most certainly a recessive gene that is passed on by largely a heterosexual population. How it expresses itself is completely unknown, or whether it is a gene at all. It could be inuterin, but we simply don't know. There is plenty of authoritative evidence that our prefrontal cortex isn't mature until we are in our 20's, and up until this point, our wiring is for the most part unsettled. It is during this time that I personally believe that an influence of some causal nature turns someone gay, even if they at the time don't know it. What it means to be in a summed up point of view, is that, we are all born with a predisposed heterosexual sexuality, however, we are also born with a potential to have an alternative sexuality, and how that might manifest is anyone's guess.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #130
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    That's not what I'm saying at all, silly?

    I'm saying that for a homosexual gene to be on the locus of a homosexual male or female and that's how homosexuality propagates, it would have born itself out many eons ago. Let's be generous and say that there are 5% of the population that is homosexual. Now, lets say that ALL OF THEM reproduce, how long do you figure it will take to have no more homosexual gene? Not very long, evolutionarily speaking, right? Do you honestly believe that a 5% segment of a population can maintain a 5% segment of a population indefinitely?

    Tim-
    By the logic you are seemingly employing redheads, which only make up a small percentage of the population, would never sustain themselves genetically either. I would agree that obviously any genetic basis for it would have to be recessive, but there is no reason why such a genetic predisposition would not survive human evolution. Moreover, we see it in other species which would indicate that if there is a genetic component, it predates our genus.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •