Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 263

Thread: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

  1. #101
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    This is all just a flatulence of narratives, rhetorical nonsense from both sides being thrown at each other to silence the other's point of view.

    Is it bigoted to call homosexuality a sin, similar to any other sin? Not if you believe in sin.
    Is it bigoted to suggest that practicing homosexuality by all common sense accounts appears to be antithetical to evolutionary mechanisms? No.
    Is it bigoted to want to protect traditional marriage from homosexual marriage? No, it's a matter of perspective and opinion.
    Is it bigoted to suggest that all things being equal, a home with a loving biological mother and biological father is superior to a loving home with a biological mother/father homosexual couple? No, it's a matter of opinion, and color me unconvinced that a bunch of psychologists with skin in the game pretend it is the same, or that children don't need both a mother and father in their lives.
    Is it bigoted to point out the seedy subcultural, and dangerous aspects of a homosexual lifestyle? No, it's perfectly valid, even if uncomfortable to hear.
    Is it bigoted to campaign and lobby your government to prevent the institutionalization of homosexuality in our schools? No, this is America.
    Is it bigoted to say that homosexuality is a mostly chosen lifestyle? No, plenty of evidence to suggest it is, and no scientifically verifiable evidence that it is not. In short the jury is still out.

    What is a bigot? A bigot is someone that holds a position of belief in spite of evidence of proof to the contrary.

    So can we all just stop throwing out the rhetorical terms like bigot please?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #102
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    A&E started a show with a bunch of southerners and now people are surprised that they are Christian and not really gay friendly. Gee, how did they miss that?

    You probably missed an earlier post where I said that A&E shouldn't be surprised at the opinions he espoused. I also said that A&E was happy to make money on them as well, which is a bit hypocritical IMO.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  3. #103
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,226

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    A Facebook petition isn't worth the paper it's written on.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,557

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Is it possible, even remotely, that this is just a marketing scheme to get these a-holes AND the crappy tv station some seriously expansive and FREE publicity???

  5. #105
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,557

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Is it bigoted to say that homosexuality is a mostly chosen lifestyle? No, plenty of evidence to suggest it is, and no scientifically verifiable evidence that it is not. In short the jury is still out.


    The amount of ignorance here is astronomical.

  6. #106
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    faux outrage, war on Christmas, homophobic, now cruz and palin and jindal--soon klayman..
    even O'Reilly criticized DUCK for condemning others and sitting as their judge, going against the Gospel of Luke .
    Physics is Phun

  7. #107
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Is it possible, even remotely, that this is just a marketing scheme to get these a-holes AND the crappy tv station some seriously expansive and FREE publicity???
    I don't think so.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,557

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I don't think so.
    Have you ever heard so many people and/or news outlets talking about A&E or those moronic doofuses in camo before this "incident" ????

    They're getting one major boat-load of attention.

  9. #109
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    This is all just a flatulence of narratives, rhetorical nonsense from both sides being thrown at each other to silence the other's point of view.

    Is it bigoted to call homosexuality a sin, similar to any other sin? Not if you believe in sin.
    Depends on who you say it to....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Is it bigoted to suggest that practicing homosexuality by all common sense accounts appears to be antithetical to evolutionary mechanisms? No.
    Using your intuition to determine evolutionary mechanisms isn't bigoted, just ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Is it bigoted to want to protect traditional marriage from homosexual marriage? No, it's a matter of perspective and opinion.
    History speaks for itself, it's not a matter of opinion. Marriage like we see in the last few hundred years is much different than it used to be. Your "tradition" has changed and it can survive other changes.

    If allowing gays to marry somehow affects your marriage, you have issues in your marriage.....Furthermore, Churches are free to deny gays based on their dogma, but your church cannot block gays from societal or marriages in religions that accept gays....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Is it bigoted to suggest that all things being equal, a home with a loving biological mother and biological father is superior to a loving home with a biological mother/father homosexual couple?
    I want you to picture the red "X" from Family Feud. Wrong again. I'd take the time to provide evidence to this fact if I thought, for one second that you could be convinced to the contrary....Instead I'll settle for just telling you're categorically wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    No, it's a matter of opinion, and color me unconvinced that a bunch of psychologists with skin in the game pretend it is the same, or that children don't need both a mother and father in their lives.
    Yet another unqualified assertion.....The most important thing is that a child has parents that love them and nurture them. Two moms or two dad that love and care for their child, is better than 1 mom or 1 dad....Or a mom and a dad that are abusive or neglectful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Is it bigoted to point out the seedy subcultural, and dangerous aspects of a homosexual lifestyle? No, it's perfectly valid, even if uncomfortable to hear.
    And heturosexuals don't have similar seedy subcultural lifestyles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Is it bigoted to campaign and lobby your government to prevent the institutionalization of homosexuality in our schools? No, this is America.
    I'm not aware of "institutionalization" of homosexuallity in schools. Feel free to point out what your talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Is it bigoted to say that homosexuality is a mostly chosen lifestyle? No, plenty of evidence to suggest it is, and no scientifically verifiable evidence that it is not. In short the jury is still out.
    What non-Christian sponsored, peer reviewed evidence do you have to offer to support this claim? (the sponser is less important than peer review).

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    What is a bigot? A bigot is someone that holds a position of belief in spite of evidence of proof to the contrary.
    Your walk'in a fine line.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    So can we all just stop throwing out the rhetorical terms like bigot please?
    Sure, can you please offer evidence to the avalanche of assertions you just made?
    Last edited by csbrown28; 12-20-13 at 08:44 PM.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  10. #110
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: 'boycott a&e' facebook support page for phil robertson gets over 1m likes

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    A Facebook petition isn't worth the paper it's written on.
    LOL I get it
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •