Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 160

Thread: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

  1. #21
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,174

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Well, this should clear up a lot of my evenings this winter, now that I don't have to watch the Olympics. Scary that I have more respect for the leader of Russia than I do the POTUS. Never thought I'd ever say that.
    You're not going to watch the Olympics because Billie Jean King is going to the Opening Ceremonies? OK....

    I'm not surprised that you have respect for Putin, he's your kind of leader - very authoritarian. No wonder you like him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #22
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,174

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    While Vladimir Putin plays chess, Obama still keeps playing checkers.

    You think Obama would have learned after the last time he got into a stare down with Putin and Obama blinked.

    Is Putin One of Us? - Patrick J. Buchanan - Official Website
    The ironic thing is - if Obama did go, you'd be knocking him for being a hypocrite when it comes to gays. Damned if he does, damned if he don't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #23
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Come on...its a figure skater and a female tennis player. Even Putin recognizes that it would be far more difficult finding reps in those fields that WERENT homosexual. (I know...right? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Gay figure skaters????? WTF??????)

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Oh, my goodness Tigger, that's just awful! How will NBC ever survive without your patronage?
    NBC doesn't give a shart.


    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You're not going to watch the Olympics because Billie Jean King is going to the Opening Ceremonies? OK....
    No. I'm not going to watch the Olympics because the only nation whose athletes I could root for will be represented by a bunch of individuals with no morals or character, who are there solely for the purpose of expressing that they have no morals or character. I cannot support that. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm not surprised that you have respect for Putin, he's your kind of leader - very authoritarian. No wonder you like him.
    He has his positive qualities, unlike the current POTUS.

  5. #25
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,174

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    No. I'm not going to watch the Olympics because the only nation whose athletes I could root for will be represented by a bunch of individuals with no morals or character, who are there solely for the purpose of expressing that they have no morals or character. I cannot support that. Sorry.
    So you can't root for the individual athletes themselves? They're not all gay you know...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #26
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Both people in this thread have described it as a "great move" not a "bold move."

    If you want to argue against a straw man do it front of your mirror
    LOL - great move vs. bold move - I don't need a mirror to recognize that as nonsense.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #27
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,386

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    A shame that Obama couldn't find even one Winter Olympic lesbian to send. At least Boitano was a Gold Medal winning Winter Olympian.

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    If they were chosen because they are gay, that means he discriminated against everyone else on the list.

    Obama discriminated against the othe candidates and blatantly politicized the Olympics.

    Now, there's something to be proud of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    I strongly support this move. A person's sexual orientation should not be a basis for discrimination. Russia’s law violates fundamental human rights. The U.S. is making a clear and positive symbolic statement.

    In addition, having some high-profile gay athletes among the delegation makes good sense. The delegation is more inclusive and more representative of broad pool of people who participate in sports.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,985

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If they were chosen because they are gay, that means he discriminated against everyone else on the list.

    Obama discriminated against the othe candidates and blatantly politicized the Olympics.

    Now, there's something to be proud of.
    Yes, because if there's one thing America has had too much of it's heterosexuals being discriminated against in favor of homosexuals. Just ignore the fact all the other delegates (7 of them) are not openly homosexual.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •