Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160

Thread: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

  1. #151
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, accurately describing the contradiction in your post. Once more, you can't defend it, just make more accusations.
    There's no contradiction on my part therefore nothing to defend. Funny, you accuse me of accusations which is what you're doing now. Simply brilliant as no one ever uses that tactic... (That was sarcasm in case you missed it).

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Nice contradiction based on nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Please point out exactly where it says they were picked because of their sexuality, not their merits.
    See previous quote I already provided.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Once more, you are wrong. It seems to be a pattern when you discuss things with me.
    Yet another contradiction based on nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, I prefer to discuss the truth. I hope one of these days you can discuss it with me.
    You don't discuss, you take a contrary position because you think you know everything. A discussion with you would be progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Uhh, YOU replied to ME, with a response which inaccurately depicted my comment.
    Why I replied or that I replied is irrelevant. You're comment was clear and obvious, to whit you take a contrary position about what I said about what you said. Contradiction is not debate. Learn the difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    There's nothing to debate, you've been wrong multiple times.
    Because you know everything. Yes I get that now... since you know everything and are always right, that drives your contradictions to everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    There's nothing to debate, you're just wrong. As I said, it seems to be a pattern with you when you discuss things with me.
    Of course I'm wrong in your view - isn't everyone wrong in your view? When you figure it out, I'll spend time debating, until that, you're just wasting time (or trolling - w/e). Reply's I make to you bore me - you add no value to the discussion other than to take an opposite position. Have fun wasting other peoples time.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #152
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    There's no contradiction on my part therefore nothing to defend.
    The contradiction is quite clear. You claim we agree I didn't say something, but support your post which relies on what we both claim I didn't say. That's the contradiction.

    Funny, you accuse me of accusations which is what you're doing now.
    No, I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm simply pointing out what you did. You, however, are falsely accusing me of multiple things (strawman, false premise), while never attempting to refute the fact I was right about your contradiction.

    Nice contradiction based on nothing.
    See previous quote I already provided.

    Yet another contradiction based on nothing.
    I can't help but notice you didn't provide a single word from the article to show the delegates were picked because of their sexuality and not their merits. Not one shred of evidence and yet you accuse me of contradiction.

    It's really simple. You claim the OP (article and poster) said the delegates were picked because they were homosexual and it had nothing to do with merit. I said prove it. You can't. You lose.

    You don't discuss, you take a contrary position
    I take the correct position. If you would discuss in facts and not fiction, mine wouldn't be a contrary position. I can't help it you are always wrong, at least on the things you debate with me. If you would try using facts, then we'd have no problem.

    because you think you know everything.
    I don't know everything, but in the last two discussions we've had, I've clearly known more than you. Or, in this case, it'd be more accurate to say I comprehended what I read better than you.
    Why I replied or that I replied is irrelevant.


    Wow, that's some great spin. You claim I take a contradictory position for no reason, but the fact you instigated this debate is not relevant. Amazing...do you really believe what you said here or is this an attempt to save face? Honest question.

    You're comment was clear and obvious
    But obviously it wasn't clear and obvious to you, because you didn't understand it. Or, if you did understand it, you blatantly misrepresented what I said.

    Contradiction is not debate. Learn the difference.
    And stating facts is not debate, nor is it inherently contradictory. As I said earlier in this post, if you would simply discuss the truth and not fiction, there'd be no contradiction. But BOTH times we've debated in the last week or so, YOU replied to ME. So the only person being contradictory is you, and you're doing it using fiction.

    Of course I'm wrong in your view - isn't everyone wrong in your view?
    Not if they simply rely on facts and truth.

    I cannot help but notice you're not even attempting to debate the topic anymore and your post is little more than personal attacks on me. You cannot even try to discuss facts because the facts show you are wrong in every way.

    I'll spend time debating, until that, you're just wasting time (or trolling - w/e). Reply's I make to you bore me - you add no value to the discussion other than to take an opposite position. Have fun wasting other peoples time.
    And yet, I'm STILL waiting for you to support your contradictory claim that these delegates were picked because of their sexuality and not their merits. I wonder why you haven't...actually, that's not true, I know exactly why you haven't. The reason you haven't is the same reason you're using the same tired Internet cliche of "you're not worth my time" you used in our last debate...you're wrong and it's hard for one to admit when they are wrong.

    Just do both of us a favor and admit you were wrong and then we can discuss this using actual facts and not made up narratives.

  3. #153
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    While Vladimir Putin plays chess, Obama still keeps playing checkers.

    You think Obama would have learned after the last time he got into a stare down with Putin and Obama blinked.

    Is Putin One of Us? - Patrick J. Buchanan - Official Website
    indeed. Russian chess players are the best in the world.
    The Communist Party encouraged such, after 1917. But they had Alekhine, and others already.
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  4. #154
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Putin certainly doesn't like Obama, and Obama is a person who needs to be loved so....

    Putin and Obama are not on good terms at all... Their body language shows that......
    Yea... "Obama needs to be loved"...


  5. #155
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    I strongly support this move. A person's sexual orientation should not be a basis for discrimination. Russia’s law violates fundamental human rights. The U.S. is making a clear and positive symbolic statement.

    In addition, having some high-profile gay athletes among the delegation makes good sense. The delegation is more inclusive and more representative of broad pool of people who participate in sports.
    Yeah, but it'd be even clearer had they called for olympics to be moved or for team russia's ban. Feels like token gesture in the face of, as you say, serious human rights violations.

  6. #156
    Guru
    Smartmouthwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,954

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Yeah, but it'd be even clearer had they called for olympics to be moved or for team russia's ban. Feels like token gesture in the face of, as you say, serious human rights violations.
    IMO, serious human rights violations means people suffer and die. I doubt if anybody's ever died from being forced to remain in the closet.

    Oh, the drama.

    *rolls eyes*

  7. #157
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmouthwoman View Post
    IMO, serious human rights violations means people suffer and die. I doubt if anybody's ever died from being forced to remain in the closet.

    Oh, the drama.

    *rolls eyes*
    It's a guaranteed path to depression, not that you care since probably to you in perfect world everyone should be forced into the closet. That's the only way you can defend these laws. Violence against LGBT in russia has soared since the law was passed. Neo nazis and such commit murder and take photos with confidence they'll face no repercussions, and even arrests for speech is in fact serious human rights violation.

    Now they want to and certainly will take children away from parents, and after that will be concentration camps. A popular tv actor just called for gays to be burned alive, and got only applause. The hatred in russia is that serious, but i'm sure to you it's all good because you don't like the victims to begin with. You should totally move to russia, you'd fit right in.

    Oh, the hate

    Last edited by chromium; 12-23-13 at 01:00 PM.

  8. #158
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You do realize that woman have larger hips than men and that means a woman's center of gravity is completely different.

    Do you not understand physiology?

    I'm speaking physiology..
    Actually that's anatomy, not physiology.

    Anatomy is the physical structure which you are referencing. Physiology is the function of the anatomy.

    The physical difference between men and women is not marked by their "center of gravity". The many hormones produced by the Endocrine system is where we see a major difference. Men's hormones in general promote muscle growth and general physical fitness more so than the average woman. So perhaps in theory if the individual was receiving hormonal therapy, maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal if they competed with their perceived gender as you suggested.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  9. #159
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    1. Good for Obama for being willing to stick a finger in Putin's eye over the whole abuse-of-gays thing.

    2. Now if only he would show similar dedication to the iran-nuke-thing, the european-missile-defense thing, or the making-a-power-play-for-ukraine thing.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Isn't this trolling?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •