Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 160

Thread: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    If I was in Snowden or Mannings shoes I would have released those documents - without a second thought....

    I'm a patriot and those documents just prove how invasive the United States government is - not only to laymen or typical individuals but to the world as a whole....

    I understand our government spy's but to that extent blew my mind...... I thought J. Edgar Hoover was just eccentric....

  2. #142
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, the objective is to politicize the Olympics?
    The Olympics have always been subject to politicization whether the IOC wants it that way or not. I hope you wont plead on the sanctity of the games, I would find it very hard to believe that you were a diehard believer in the purity of sport. Reagan and Bush were right to support the boycott of the 1980 Olympic Games, and Obama is right in sending a principled snub to the Sochi games.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    The Olympics have always been subject to politicization whether the IOC wants it that way or not. I hope you wont plead on the sanctity of the games, I would find it very hard to believe that you were a diehard believer in the purity of sport. Reagan and Bush were right to support the boycott of the 1980 Olympic Games, and Obama is right in sending a principled snub to the Sochi games.
    No doubt... McDonalds lost a **** ton at the 1984 Olympics because the Russians boycotted it...

    I'm not even going to tell the story but it's certainly worth the google. It's certainly a good read from any source.

  4. #144
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Oh my god. This fascist authoritarian chic on the right has to stop. If you admire Putin you are not a conservative, you are an authoritarian ideologue.
    but he wrestles tigers and ****

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, the objective is to politicize the Olympics?
    That's what it looks like.

  6. #146
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I just think Obama enjoys ribbing Putin...

    I don't like either one - it seems they're in some pseudo-socialist competition, or are competing with one another on who the worlds real dictator is.

    It's like Stalin and Hitler with those guys...


  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Putin certainly doesn't like Obama, and Obama is a person who needs to be loved so....

    Putin and Obama are not on good terms at all... Their body language shows that......

  8. #148
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    We're agreed since I didn't quote you saying that. Good job defending your own strawman.

    And my point made fun of your point.
    Way to contradict yourself in your own post. You claim we agree I didn't say that, and then go on to defend your post which assumes I did.

    Perhaps you ought to research what a "strawman" is before you erroneously use it in conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, the OP claims that the gay delegates were picked for their sexuality and not their merits.
    No it doesn't. Perhaps you should reading the opening post.

  9. #149
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Way to contradict yourself in your own post. You claim we agree I didn't say that, and then go on to defend your post which assumes I did.
    Creating a new false premise of a contradiction now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No it doesn't. Perhaps you should reading the opening post.
    Quote Originally Posted by OP link and comments
    Read more @: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Hell yea!
    Give Putin the diplomatic middle finger!
    Love this move Obama! Great move!
    I read it, that's what it says as does the comments by the original poster. Will you now start arguing up is down and left is right? My guess is yes... If you do not agree, not my problem. However I do find that you tend not to debate but simply taking a contradictory position for little to no legitimate reason. Simply denying the obvious is not debate. Please learn the difference.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #150
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Creating a new false premise of a contradiction now?
    No, accurately describing the contradiction in your post. Once more, you can't defend it, just make more accusations.

    I read it, that's what it says as does the comments by the original poster.
    No it doesn't. Please point out exactly where it says they were picked because of their sexuality, not their merits. All it says is two of the people picked were homosexual, it does not say they were selected because of their sexuality.

    Once more, you are wrong. It seems to be a pattern when you discuss things with me.

    Will you now start arguing up is down and left is right?
    No, I prefer to discuss the truth. I hope one of these days you can discuss it with me.

    However I do find that you tend not to debate but simply taking a contradictory position for little to no legitimate reason.
    Uhh, YOU replied to ME, with a response which inaccurately depicted my comment.

    Pot, meet kettle.

    Simply denying the obvious is not debate.
    There's nothing to debate, you've been wrong multiple times. You made a strawman argument (which makes your erroneous use of the fallacy later quite humorous), and were called out on it. You then directly contradicted yourself and are now claiming things in the article which simply aren't there because you apparently cannot distinguish between the written word and what you infer from it.

    There's nothing to debate, you're just wrong. As I said, it seems to be a pattern with you when you discuss things with me.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •