Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 195

Thread: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

  1. #101
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    got troll?
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Your team, what a joke. You really believe that ****? They are no more your team, then they are your state.
    Physics is Phun

  2. #102
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by nimby View Post
    got troll?
    you .
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #103
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    following me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    you .
    Physics is Phun

  4. #104
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    All Dems need to do is plaster Ted Cruz's greatest hits all over the face of said candidate..
    And ask the question, do you want Cruz being a Committee Chair and in the ****ing Majority..Really??
    Even Rubio and Paul are against the House's bill which got 332 ****ing votes..
    I think the current trend and it is going the Republicans way is caused by the ACA. Even in most Democratic age group 18-29 are not opposed to it. Independents are opposed to it by a 35 to 61% margin. Unless somehow Democrats can get the public attention off the ACA 2014 may not be very kind to them. Even party affiliation for the Republicans is climbing back up. See below:

    Year…Dem…Rep…Ind…Ind.Lean.Rep….Ind.Lean.Dem…..True .Ind

    2012…35……30…..33………..12……………………16…………………5 Taken Nov 4, 2012, 2 days before the election

    2013…30……20……47……….18…………………..18………………..11 Taken Oct 6, 2013 during shutdown, pre ACA

    2013…30…….24….44………..18…………………..14………………..10 Taken Dec 8

    If you count the leans the Republican are at 42% vs 44% for the Democrats where as during the shutdown the numbers were 38% Republican, 48% Democrat. Even the generic congressional race has swing from an 8 point Democratic Advantage to a 2 point Republican one. The ACA is definitely dragging down the Democrats, IMO anyhow.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #105
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    Two-thirds of americans want the ACA to be fixed and work well, not to be recalled..
    Only 26% want the ACA repealed..
    Each new day sets the GOP back further into negativity on ACA, truth be damned .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I think the current trend and it is going the Republicans way is caused by the ACA. Even in most Democratic age group 18-29 are not opposed to it. Independents are opposed to it by a 35 to 61% margin. Unless somehow Democrats can get the public attention off the ACA 2014 may not be very kind to them. Even party affiliation for the Republicans is climbing back up. See below:

    Year…Dem…Rep…Ind…Ind.Lean.Rep….Ind.Lean.Dem…..True .Ind

    2012…35……30…..33………..12……………………16…………………5 Taken Nov 4, 2012, 2 days before the election

    2013…30……20……47……….18…………………..18………………..11 Taken Oct 6, 2013 during shutdown, pre ACA

    2013…30…….24….44………..18…………………..14………………..10 Taken Dec 8

    If you count the leans the Republican are at 42% vs 44% for the Democrats where as during the shutdown the numbers were 38% Republican, 48% Democrat. Even the generic congressional race has swing from an 8 point Democratic Advantage to a 2 point Republican one. The ACA is definitely dragging down the Democrats, IMO anyhow.
    Physics is Phun

  6. #106
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    Cruz was probably networking. It's no secret he plans to run for president of the United States, why wouldn't he want to meet world leaders and possibly gain their support?

    The big question is why was Obama there, besides trying to meet girls.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Two-thirds of americans want the ACA to be fixed and work well, not to be recalled..
    Only 26% want the ACA repealed..
    Each new day sets the GOP back further into negativity on ACA, truth be damned .
    Here:

    Majority of Americans Want Major Changes to Health Law


    Gallup 37% in favor 52% against with 20% wanting it scaled back and 32% repealed of those opposed. I still think the ACA is a losing proposition for the Democrats.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #108
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    As do your e-mails. Evening pol.
    I'm glad you like 'em!

  9. #109
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Cruz was probably networking. It's no secret he plans to run for president of the United States, why wouldn't he want to meet world leaders and possibly gain their support?

    The big question is why was Obama there, besides trying to meet girls.
    Your ridiculous partisanship knows no bounds. God forbid Obama share a laugh with a female head of state.
    Photog Who Snapped Obama ‘Selfie’ Pic Says the Media Have Michelle’s Reaction All Wrong | TheBlaze.com

    You people have lost all sense of reality.

    And those who claim that Obama's "selfie" (which wasn't a "selfie," since HE WASN'T HOLDING THE GODDAMN CAMERA) was untoward at a funeral have failed to realize that:

    1. It wasn't a funeral, it was a memorial service.
    2. It was a four-hour long celebration of Mandela's life, not a solemn affair.
    3. It was during a break in the service.
    4. He was asked to do it.

    There's plenty of things to go after Obama for. This isn't one of them.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #110
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,290
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ted Cruz Walks Out Of Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Your ridiculous partisanship knows no bounds. God forbid Obama share a laugh with a female head of state.
    Photog Who Snapped Obama ‘Selfie’ Pic Says the Media Have Michelle’s Reaction All Wrong | TheBlaze.com

    You people have lost all sense of reality.

    And those who claim that Obama's "selfie" (which wasn't a "selfie," since HE WASN'T HOLDING THE GODDAMN CAMERA) was untoward at a funeral have failed to realize that:

    1. It wasn't a funeral, it was a memorial service.
    2. It was a four-hour long celebration of Mandela's life, not a solemn affair.
    3. It was during a break in the service.
    4. He was asked to do it.

    There's plenty of things to go after Obama for. This isn't one of them.
    What's extremely ironic is that the only people who are getting outraged by the "selfie" are people who hate Mandela anyway.

    That's the funny thing about right wing extremists they can never keep their attack on target.

    "He's an athiest".
    "he's a muslim".
    "he's a marxist"
    "he's a communist"
    "He's a nazi".

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •