Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

  1. #1
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    MOSCOW, December 10 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday reiterated staunch opposition to US plans to deploy an extensive missile defense system in Europe, saying the network would “erode” the world’s balance of power.
    He said at a meeting with Russia’s defense minister that the country should upgrade its weaponry to maintain parity with “leading nations actively modernizing their arsenals.”
    Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Russia would pursue deployment of Iskander nuclear missiles in the country’s western-most region, Kaliningrad, a move threatened in the past as a reaction to the US missile plans.


    http://en.ria.ru/military_news/20131...nse-Plans.html

  2. #2
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    MOSCOW, December 10 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday reiterated staunch opposition to US plans to deploy an extensive missile defense system in Europe, saying the network would “erode” the world’s balance of power.
    He said at a meeting with Russia’s defense minister that the country should upgrade its weaponry to maintain parity with “leading nations actively modernizing their arsenals.”
    Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Russia would pursue deployment of Iskander nuclear missiles in the country’s western-most region, Kaliningrad, a move threatened in the past as a reaction to the US missile plans.


    Putin Again Slams US Missile Defense Plans | Defense | RIA Novosti
    havent america and russia been having cold relations for quite awhile now? I can understand putins point but I also feel like he seems to disagree with anything america does and vice versa

  3. #3
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    Too bad. If he doesn't want it, he can try to negotiate away some of his positions.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #4
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    havent america and russia been having cold relations for quite awhile now? I can understand putins point but I also feel like he seems to disagree with anything america does and vice versa
    Both Russia and China have expressed dissatisfaction with what they perceive to be US aggression. They felt betrayed over Libya, vowed not to let the same thing happen in Syria and Putin sees this Eastern European missile installment as more of the same, not defense.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    Nothing like a few missiles to "reset" Russian relations.

  6. #6
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Both Russia and China have expressed dissatisfaction with what they perceive to be US aggression. They felt betrayed over Libya, vowed not to let the same thing happen in Syria and Putin sees this Eastern European missile installment as more of the same, not defense.
    Missile defense systems have limited use. They become political targets more than they do anything else. As such, I have no problems using them for political leverage. Putin can shove it up his bum.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #7
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    MOSCOW, December 10 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday reiterated staunch opposition to US plans to deploy an extensive missile defense system in Europe, saying the network would “erode” the world’s balance of power.
    He said at a meeting with Russia’s defense minister that the country should upgrade its weaponry to maintain parity with “leading nations actively modernizing their arsenals.”
    Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Russia would pursue deployment of Iskander nuclear missiles in the country’s western-most region, Kaliningrad, a move threatened in the past as a reaction to the US missile plans.


    Putin Again Slams US Missile Defense Plans | Defense | RIA Novosti
    I am not convinced that Putin repeating what he's said before and was basically ignored is "slam"ing anything. Really getting your hype on with that OP title.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #8
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I am not convinced that Putin repeating what he's said before and was basically ignored is "slam"ing anything. Really getting your hype on with that OP title.
    Excuse me, I'm not the author of the title. And yes Putin is repeating himself. Still, that's not the same thing as say Kim in NK repeating himself.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Missile defense systems have limited use. They become political targets more than they do anything else. As such, I have no problems using them for political leverage. Putin can shove it up his bum.
    Ah, political leverage. Yes too cool.

  10. #10
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,138

    Re: Putin again slams US missile defense plans

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Nothing like a few missiles to "reset" Russian relations.
    Russia is upgrading their systems also.

    Most of this from Putin is because he knows Obama is a chump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •