Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 275

Thread: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

  1. #261
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's a Republic and free for now, so I can speak my mind. While I know the actions of the government overlook my desires, I am still allowed to express those.

    Again, you offer no proof, no evidence, no argument other than "sit down and shut up", and you expect people to just take that as valid argument? That's insanity. The only thing you have to back up your point is the guns of government, that's it. You have no base argument, no proof, and no evidence. That's a fact, I'm sorry.
    It's ok bud, federal judge ruled yesterday that your opinion is legally valid!

  2. #262
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    N.S.A. = Never Say Anything
    Yep. I think it can mean National Spy Agency, too. (Security, hahahahahahahahahaha )

  3. #263
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    The NSA's attitude toward the press is, well, disturbing. There were repeated complaints about the ways in which recent reportage of the NSA was warped or lacking context. To be fair, this kind of griping is a staple of officials across the entire federal government. Some of the NSA folks went further, however. One official accused some media outlets of "intentionally misleading the American people," which is a pretty serious accusation. This official also hoped that the Obama administration would crack down on these reporters, saying, "I have some reforms for the First Amendment." I honestly do not know whether that last statement was a joke or not. Either way, it's not funny. - See more at: Tone-Deaf at the Listening Post

  4. #264
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    The news that the National Security Agency was monitoring the telephones of the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, and many other foreign leaders is less shocking than the revelation that, for the first four and a half years of his Presidency, Barack Obama, the Commander-in-Chief, didn’t know anything about it. Can this be true?

    Evidently, it is. According to a story in the Wall Street Journal on Monday, the spying program targeted as many as thirty-five world leaders, but it didn’t come to Obama’s attention until this summer when, in the wake of Edward Snowden’s revelations, the Administration carried out an internal review of the N.S.A.’s activities. “These decisions are made at N.S.A.,” someone described as “a senior U.S. official” told the Journal. “The President doesn’t sign off on this stuff.”

    The N.S.A. and Obama: Who Watches the Watchers? : The New Yorker

  5. #265
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The NSA's attitude toward the press is, well, disturbing. There were repeated complaints about the ways in which recent reportage of the NSA was warped or lacking context. To be fair, this kind of griping is a staple of officials across the entire federal government. Some of the NSA folks went further, however. One official accused some media outlets of "intentionally misleading the American people," which is a pretty serious accusation. This official also hoped that the Obama administration would crack down on these reporters, saying, "I have some reforms for the First Amendment." I honestly do not know whether that last statement was a joke or not. Either way, it's not funny. - See more at: Tone-Deaf at the Listening Post
    Statists and authoritarians wanting to give more power to the government against our rights in order to hide their own questionable activities? No, never would happen. (that's sarcasm).

    Anyone who wants to be honest knows that there is huge potential for some Republic destroying crap here if the NSA isn't properly watched and constrained. No about of secrets or safety are worth our freedom.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #266
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Statists and authoritarians wanting to give more power to the government against our rights in order to hide their own questionable activities? No, never would happen. (that's sarcasm).

    Anyone who wants to be honest knows that there is huge potential for some Republic destroying crap here if the NSA isn't properly watched and constrained. No about of secrets or safety are worth our freedom.
    You won't get an argument from me on that. The NSA has the largest budget of all the intelligence agencies and gets the least scrutiny. Who thinks its ok for any government agency to operate free of scrutiny, oversight and regulation. I mean even if your a NSA team mate, men are not angels, everybody knows that.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The NSA's attitude toward the press is, well, disturbing. There were repeated complaints about the ways in which recent reportage of the NSA was warped or lacking context. To be fair, this kind of griping is a staple of officials across the entire federal government. Some of the NSA folks went further, however. One official accused some media outlets of "intentionally misleading the American people," which is a pretty serious accusation. This official also hoped that the Obama administration would crack down on these reporters, saying, "I have some reforms for the First Amendment." I honestly do not know whether that last statement was a joke or not. Either way, it's not funny. - See more at: Tone-Deaf at the Listening Post
    They have no desire to even discuss the issue and pass it off (or portray) it as poppycock.... Of course the media wants nothing to do with it because it makes Obama or the government look bad..

  8. #268
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    They have no desire to even discuss the issue and pass it off (or portray) it as poppycock.... Of course the media wants nothing to do with it because it makes Obama or the government look bad..
    Yes, we'll I think this is far too dangerous to be playing politics with, and, it's got people all across the board very concerned. So thankfully we have a growing alternative media.

  9. #269
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought


  10. #270
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    It started before him, he's just carrying on the tradition.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •