Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 275

Thread: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

  1. #111
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol, that's not paranoid at all.
    Of course not, it's your argument (less you were being paranoid to start). You said it yourself, things are secret and need to be secret. I was merely asking how much clearance you really had. If you don't like the argument, don't make the argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I guess your paranoia says more about you than anything I could. You can lead a horse to water...
    So....ad hom and deflection then is all you got. Last bastions of a man without argument or point.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #112
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Of course not, it's your argument (less you were being paranoid to start). You said it yourself, things are secret and need to be secret. I was merely asking how much clearance you really had. If you don't like the argument, don't make the argument.
    Clearances only come in three flavors...

    So....ad hom and deflection then is all you got. Last bastions of a man without argument or point.
    So you didn't like me repeating back to you what you said? lol dude, you're paranoid. You don't know what a republic is. And you're upset because your opinion isn't fact. I dunno what else to say.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #113
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Clearances only come in three flavors...
    ....and your flavor was? How many of the secrets did you see? How much information were you able to observe? Are you sure that for your protection and the protection of others, they didn't keep secrets from you?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    So you didn't like me repeating back to you what you said? lol dude, you're paranoid. You don't know what a republic is. And you're upset because your opinion isn't fact. I dunno what else to say.
    It was your argument. If ad hom and deflection are all you have, then you have no argument.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #114
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    But it's secret, you only heard what they thought you could hear. What if there's more that's secret because, well these things need to be secret. How much information were you entitled to in your "job"? How much clearance did you really have?

    I didn't say they had a team of guys working around the clock on me. I said they are trying to parse as much data as they can, which is true. But if you can't keep your arguments honest, I guess that just says more about you than anything else.
    We know of Edward Snowden's clearance and he has revealed a lot. Damaging (a good thing) to the National Spy Agencies image.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    We know of Edward Snowden's clearance and he has revealed a lot. Damaging (a good thing) to the National Spy Agencies image.
    Whistle blowers should often be rewarded as the Patriots they are.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #116
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Whistle blowers should often be rewarded as the Patriots they are.
    Yes. And the material that he has disclosed (which we haven't seen it all, yet) nevertheless, the NSA would prefer that none of it saw the light of day. Even so it wasn't details that would benefit criminals or terrorists (I mean they know such agencies would be spying on them anyway) but rather details that have enraged both Americans from my local hardware clerk to politicians both here and abroad. THAT'S the problem.

  7. #117
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    ....and your flavor was? How many of the secrets did you see? How much information were you able to observe? Are you sure that for your protection and the protection of others, they didn't keep secrets from you?
    TS/SCI? The only thing the NSA has, dude, wtf.

    It was your argument. If ad hom and deflection are all you have, then you have no argument.
    Oh lord
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #118
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    TS/SCI? The only thing the NSA has, dude, wtf.
    But you said 3 flavors, and that's just one. This is a bigger rip off that Baskin Robbins

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Oh lord
    I know I'm impressive, but there's no reason to address me as a deity....yet.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #119
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    But you said 3 flavors, and that's just one. This is a bigger rip off that Baskin Robbins
    Because the NSA only operates on one? How do you have so many criticisms for an organization you clearly know so little about? lol, this is getting dumb. If you don't even know anything, what are you complaining about? Just what you think might/could happen?
    Last edited by OldWorldOrder; 12-11-13 at 09:38 PM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #120
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The NSA's Reach Might Be Even Bigger Than We Thought

    Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner says "Genuine (not bull****, there's a reason why he used that qualifier, and what OWO says about it not withstanding) NSA reform is a CONSTITUTIONAL and economic necessity" (my emphasis). The existence of the NSA is not the problem, constitutional compromise is, regardless of what the resident NSA employees/defenders say about it!

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •