Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85

Thread: Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights [W:77]

  1. #61
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I understand Bush's justification, but I do agree that it opened the door for massive abuse, as we're seeung now.
    Could you get off this thread? last I checked this is not under "American" politics" and bush/obama have nothing to do with the good vietnam has been doing in the past 20 years

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    All I hear is how wonderful the Vietnamese Communists are; norhing about their own atrocities and certainly no mention that the Vietnames Communists helped the Khmer Rouge get cranked up.

    Putring Vietnam on the UN Human Rights Council is a joke.
    The steady improvements to human rights in Viet Nam shows that a policy of "engage and influence" nearly always works better than the "isolate, threaten and sanction" strategy used with Cuba.

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Could you get off this thread? last I checked this is not under "American" politics" and bush/obama have nothing to do with the good vietnam has been doing in the past 20 years
    The good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The steady improvements to human rights in Viet Nam shows that a policy of "engage and influence" nearly always works better than the "isolate, threaten and sanction" strategy used with Cuba.
    There's no evidence that Vietnam is improving human rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The good?
    yeah go wrap yourself in that american flag of yours and enjoy your ignorance

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    yeah go wrap yourself in that american flag of yours and enjoy your ignorance
    So, how many people are imprisoned in Vietnam for political crines against the party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's no evidence that Vietnam is improving human rights.
    The scoring by Freedom House shows that their human rights record remains poor, but it has improved over the years. (although not as much as I expected) It is not on their list of the sixteen worst countries and has a better score than Cuba.

  8. #68
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's no evidence that Vietnam is improving human rights.
    I assume my word means nothing ? since I'm an evil brainwashed citizen of vietnam? :/

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    I assume my word means nothing ? since I'm an evil brainwashed citizen of vietnam? :/
    There are North Koreans that think North Korea is a great place to live, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There are North Koreans that think North Korea is a great place to live, too.
    I think you know nothing about asia. North Koreas do not think it's a great place to live and often are murdered for trying to flee. most of the countrys next to NK help people escaping. do you litterally know nothing about asia?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •