Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 85

Thread: Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights [W:77]

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    There long dead, gone. Feel free to hate them all you want, no big thing. But I prefer to live in today and not yesterday. What has today's Vietnam done to make them our enemy? To cause us to hate them? Nothing really outside of moving toward Capitalism while we steadily move the other way. I have nothing against Vietnam's present day leaders because they aren't yesterdays leaders and I sure do not have anything against the Vietnamese people.
    Communist oppression is aluve and well...

    Hundreds of Political Prisoners in Vietnam Jails | DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Communist oppression is aluve and well...

    Hundreds of Political Prisoners in Vietnam Jails | DC
    So what is your solution? Just ignore the country as if they didn't exist as we did until the late 90's? What did that accomplish? It sure wasn't helping free those prisoners. Perhaps closer and friendlier relations might. One never knows but we do know what didn't work and perhaps it was time to try something new. I know in the geopolitical situation in that part of the world it is much better for the U.S. to have Vietnam as an ally than as an enemy. Having friends is always better than having enemies. Then perhaps through discussions with the new leaders we can come to an accord on the prisoners and get them set free. Doing nothing or what we had been doing only lets them languish in their prison cells.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    So what is your solution? Just ignore the country as if they didn't exist as we did until the late 90's? What did that accomplish? It sure wasn't helping free those prisoners. Perhaps closer and friendlier relations might. One never knows but we do know what didn't work and perhaps it was time to try something new. I know in the geopolitical situation in that part of the world it is much better for the U.S. to have Vietnam as an ally than as an enemy. Having friends is always better than having enemies. Then perhaps through discussions with the new leaders we can come to an accord on the prisoners and get them set free. Doing nothing or what we had been doing only lets them languish in their prison cells.
    The eradication of Communism. It's not rocket science
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #34
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The eradication of Communism. It's not rocket science
    You want to eradicate all communism...? that seems just as extreme if not more extreme then having political prisoners years ago. do you wish to eradicate me as well? My country does NOT have the best background in the world no. but I posted this because it is making huge steps to become something more, when I was living in my country me and the majority of the people I know were happy with the current state of things and the way things were going. Communism is not evil not at all but many of the world leaders esp russia twisted it and made it seem evil.
    typically, the party that benefits simply consumes the benefit instead of turning it into production; in russia that is clear as day and it's one of the reasons it failed. Vietnam is not just enjoying the benefits they are really really making efforts to better our lives and do good on the world stage

    And also you obviously only have a very simple idea of what is ACTUALLY going on and the way our government works. which I don't hate you for I am confused about this "Democracy" which sounds more like a democratic republic when people explain it to me

  5. #35
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The eradication of Communism. It's not rocket science
    Actually we may be closer to communism than Vietnam as they continue to move away from it.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    You want to eradicate all communism...? that seems just as extreme if not more extreme then having political prisoners years ago. do you wish to eradicate me as well? My country does NOT have the best background in the world no. but I posted this because it is making huge steps to become something more, when I was living in my country me and the majority of the people I know were happy with the current state of things and the way things were going. Communism is not evil not at all but many of the world leaders esp russia twisted it and made it seem evil.
    typically, the party that benefits simply consumes the benefit instead of turning it into production; in russia that is clear as day and it's one of the reasons it failed. Vietnam is not just enjoying the benefits they are really really making efforts to better our lives and do good on the world stage

    And also you obviously only have a very simple idea of what is ACTUALLY going on and the way our government works. which I don't hate you for I am confused about this "Democracy" which sounds more like a democratic republic when people explain it to me
    What you brought us in the op appears to be a positive development.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Actually we may be closer to communism than Vietnam as they continue to move away from it.
    We are no near a classes society

  8. #38
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    We are no near a classes society
    We are definitely a divided society where our political parties use a divide and conquer strategy to win elections. They do use class warfare in their causes in an attempt to divide us by class and by race and by religion and by social status and by rural and urban and on and on.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    You want to eradicate all communism...? that seems just as extreme if not more extreme then having political prisoners years ago. do you wish to eradicate me as well? My country does NOT have the best background in the world no. but I posted this because it is making huge steps to become something more, when I was living in my country me and the majority of the people I know were happy with the current state of things and the way things were going. Communism is not evil not at all but many of the world leaders esp russia twisted it and made it seem evil.
    typically, the party that benefits simply consumes the benefit instead of turning it into production; in russia that is clear as day and it's one of the reasons it failed. Vietnam is not just enjoying the benefits they are really really making efforts to better our lives and do good on the world stage

    And also you obviously only have a very simple idea of what is ACTUALLY going on and the way our government works. which I don't hate you for I am confused about this "Democracy" which sounds more like a democratic republic when people explain it to me
    Pravda said everything was great in the USSR, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Vietnam Protecting human rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What you brought us in the op appears to be a positive development.
    It's propaganda, by the state run media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •