Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 159

Thread: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

  1. #81
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,306

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No, it's reality. And it's a fact. Two things you've struggled with for quite some time.

    Maybe you think there should be more. Maybe you don't agree with what they do. But it exists, and it's a fact.
    With your track record, how is it possible that even your gross over simplification could be correct. When you say Congress, it is plural and indicts the entire group. Those bubbles in your bathtub will only occur when the smellier end of the digestive tract is doing the talking, as the case may be.

  2. #82
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    With your track record, how is it possible that even your gross over simplification could be correct. When you say Congress, it is plural and indicts the entire group. Those bubbles in your bathtub will only occur when the smellier end of the digestive tract is doing the talking, as the case may be.
    Stop talking.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #83
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,306

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Stop talking.
    I assume your job code is "Trust me," It's OK, the gov't says so, "move along, nothing to see here."

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    The institution, Congress, has oversight. That is a fact.



    Whether it's true or false has nothing to do with whether or not Congress has oversight. It does. And again, now, I guess I need to make clear: the institution of Congress. If I meant "every Congressman has oversight", that's what I would've said. But I didn't. I said Congress has oversight and that's a fact. You were wrong.
    Congress is made up of Congressmen and Congresswomen. Oversight is supposed to be one of their functions. But that function is no longer prevalent when the overwhelming majority of Congress CANNOT execute their duties of overseeing. As I have said from the beginning, only certain members of Congress, in effect, provide oversight because they're the only ones being read-in into the secret and top-secret programs the U.S. conducts. Thus, it gives Congress, the institution, the appearance of oversight, not genuine oversight as you would lead our fellow compatriots to believe.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Congress is made up of Congressmen and Congresswomen. Oversight is supposed to be one of their functions. But that function is no longer prevalent when the overwhelming majority of Congress CANNOT execute their duties of overseeing. As I have said from the beginning, only certain members of Congress, in effect, provide oversight because they're the only ones being read-in into the secret and top-secret programs the U.S. conducts. Thus, it gives Congress, the institution, the appearance of oversight, not genuine oversight as you would lead our fellow compatriots to believe.
    No worries, we don't believe it.

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Its been 12 years... can you give a plausible scenario in which this material still needs to remain classified? Declassify and if there is nothing there, it will give us, perhaps, a little more faith in government... which is sorely lacking...
    The classified portion contains information about intelligence assets and operations that could be harmed if exposed.

    There's your plausible scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #87
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The classified portion contains information about intelligence assets and operations that could be harmed if exposed.

    There's your plausible scenario.
    No doubt true... possibly.

    Well, but here is the deal... I don't trust my government enough to believe that in this case, and truthfully in a bunch of others. So, would at least like someone I do trust, from completely outside government, to give it a good look-see. Its like knowing nothing about how a car works and going to a mechanic that you don't know... is he telling you the truth about all the work that needs done or is it just a big ruse to get you to spend a whole wad of cash on nothing except increasing his paycheck?

    What do you do in that case is totake a friend that you trust that knows a little about how cars work, find out if there might be a real problem or not. There are probably better analogies, but with the obligation of citizens in a free democracy to keep their eyes on the hired employees, as we are all ultimately their bosses, we need a better mechanism to make sure they are staying in line, following the proper mandates.

    You know, the Constitution.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  8. #88
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I assume
    That's your problem: you assume when you should know.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #89
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Congress is made up of Congressmen and Congresswomen. Oversight is supposed to be one of their functions. But that function is no longer prevalent when the overwhelming majority of Congress CANNOT execute their duties of overseeing. As I have said from the beginning, only certain members of Congress, in effect, provide oversight because they're the only ones being read-in into the secret and top-secret programs the U.S. conducts. Thus, it gives Congress, the institution, the appearance of oversight, not genuine oversight as you would lead our fellow compatriots to believe.
    Congress has oversight. You were wrong.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #90
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Well, but here is the deal... I don't trust my government
    That's all this comes down to. So you want to create another body, and in a few years someone will say that don't trust that, and want to create a new organization, and so on and so forth. You can't please everyone. Where do we draw the line? When should we stop creating organizations to convince people of things? Whenever you're happy?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •