Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 159

Thread: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

  1. #71
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I'm not jumping to conclusions at all. It is old news indeed that the federal government's modus operandi is deception. US v Reynolds, 345US1 is from 1953, in which the government deliberately lied to the Court.

    A more compelling question is "does the government EVER tell the truth?"
    I imagine that in the event, however unlikely that may be, that the truth was beneficial to the cause, that yes they would.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No one said they all were read-in, so what are you saying bull**** for? The legislative branch already has oversight. That's a fact.
    Again, no its not. Certain members of the Senate and Congress are read-in into certain programs, but not all of them and not all of the time.

  3. #73
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I imagine that in the event, however unlikely that may be, that the truth was beneficial to the cause, that yes they would.
    Which makes one wonder if the truth is EVER beneficial to the government cause?

  4. #74
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Again, no its not. Certain members of the Senate and Congress are read-in into certain programs, but not all of them and not all of the time.
    Who said all of them or all the time? Congress has oversight: that's done via committees. Congress has oversight of the US intelligence community. I don't know why you think that includes all the members of it.

    McDonald's is in China; that doesn't mean every employee is in China.

    So again, Congress has oversight.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Who said all of them or all the time? Congress has oversight: that's done via committees. Congress has oversight of the US intelligence community. I don't know why you think that includes all the members of it.

    McDonald's is in China; that doesn't mean every employee is in China.

    So again, Congress has oversight.
    So in the beginning of your post you admit that they don't have oversight and at the end of your post you say they have oversight, talk about doublethink. Nevertheless, Congress does not have oversight: they have the appearance of oversight. As the Snowden revelations have illustrated, there were plenty of Congressmen and Congresswomen out of the loop entirely, even on the Intelligence Committees. The reason being, only certain members, the so-called gang of eight, are read-in on most stuff, but most still isn't everything. And since they aren't read-in on everything the IC, Pentagon or everyone else does, that's not oversight.

    Oversight - Noun
    Management by overseeing the performance or operation of a person or group.

    Overseeing - Verb
    Watch and direct.

  6. #76
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    So in the beginning of your post you admit that they don't have oversight and at the end of your post you say they have oversight, talk about doublethink. Nevertheless, Congress does not have oversight: they have the appearance of oversight. As the Snowden revelations have illustrated, there were plenty of Congressmen and Congresswomen out of the loop entirely, even on the Intelligence Committees. The reason being, only certain members, the so-called gang of eight, are read-in on most stuff, but most still isn't everything. And since they aren't read-in on everything the IC, Pentagon or everyone else does, that's not oversight.

    Oversight - Noun
    Management by overseeing the performance or operation of a person or group.

    Overseeing - Verb
    Watch and direct.
    Congress watches directly. Not all of them. The institution. This isn't debatable.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Congress watches directly. Not all of them. The institution. This isn't debatable.
    It is debatable, particularly when certain members of Congress get campaign contributions from the very bureaucracies they're supposedly overseeing.

  8. #78
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    It is debatable,
    The institution, Congress, has oversight. That is a fact.

    particularly when certain members of Congress get campaign contributions from the very bureaucracies they're supposedly overseeing.
    Whether it's true or false has nothing to do with whether or not Congress has oversight. It does. And again, now, I guess I need to make clear: the institution of Congress. If I meant "every Congressman has oversight", that's what I would've said. But I didn't. I said Congress has oversight and that's a fact. You were wrong.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #79
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Congress watches directly. Not all of them. The institution. This isn't debatable.
    Yours is a very nave statement, not based too much on reality.

    There are many examples of Congress not having a clue about what certain branches of the government are doing.

  10. #80
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Yours is a very nave statement, not based too much on reality.

    There are many examples of Congress not having a clue about what certain branches of the government are doing.
    No, it's reality. And it's a fact. Two things you've struggled with for quite some time.

    Maybe you think there should be more. Maybe you don't agree with what they do. But it exists, and it's a fact.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •