Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?[W:50]

  1. #31
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,877

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    Yes. But I do not apply my philosophy like Hobby Lobby does and that's the difference.
    No, you just are desperately looking to scream 'hypocrisy' at someone else.

    Nothing of substance to see here, just more internet spin wishful thinking.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #32
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Funny (in an ironic sense)

    I've been wondering why Hobby Lobby claims to still be Christian Based when they're a for-profit business and hire a large number of homosexuals. (I work in the company, I didn't see evidence of this "Christian Origin" save for their music selection.)

    The idea that they can make their corporate business decisions on their personal religious views is asinine. They want to be a religious organization - they have to meet the standards and that is not going to happen.

    They're a for profit business - and that makes me full of hypocrisy at this point.
    Since when is it anti Christian per se to hire homosexuals? Christians are no more likely to practice discrimination than any one else.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Its pretty obvious that one is directly funding abortion, and the other is possibly funding abortion. Using the OPs logic, the company should not even pay employees because they MIGHT use the cash to get an abortion. HL only objects to knowingly funding abortion.

  4. #34
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    No one. But I don't think it's right to judge their belief that they don't want to directly pay for birth control as being hypocritical in that light.

    Do you believe in eating dogs? "No, I don't." "Well, then, how come you buy Korean-made products? You're a hypocrite!"
    It's a matter of practicing what you preach.


    Someone who personally doesn't believe in eating dogs but also doesn't go around persecuting people who do isn't being a hypocrite.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  5. #35
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    Voluntary collaboration with business associates that continuously abort babies is correct in line with their Biblical principles? How's Hobby Lobby's moral obligations concerning consummating business with people that knowingly ends babies lives? I'm looking at this from a stern, religious point of view -- just like the one David Green expressed in the OP.
    If this weren't related to religion, you would be dead silent. You wouldn't even be in this thread. Admit it, it's because this is related to religion that you are here to bash them. Their religious principle is no different than your premise of buying American, but you're going to play this to the death as something completely different. This company doesn't know who aborts babies in China and who doesn't, so in your mind the company should hurt those Chinese who never had an abortion to prove a point. Is there any more illogic you'd care to present?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    There is a difference between buying items from a company that would be owned by a government that engages in forced abortions and a government that would force the company to participate in a abortion. I think if there were an option to buy within a reasonable price items in countries that did not do forced abortions they would do so but since our government supports trade with such governments that is not a valid option. And since this is our government we now are talking about it should not force owners of a company to violate their core moral religious beliefs. Otherwise the 1st Amendment is for not.
    I don't know that there is a difference, and this is coming from someone who hates fracking but recently purchased stocks of a company that fracks baby fracks. I don't deny it makes me a hypocrite, but hey, when there is money to be made......

  7. #37
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    If this weren't related to religion, you would be dead silent. You wouldn't even be in this thread. Admit it, it's because this is related to religion that you are here to bash them. Their religious principle is no different than your premise of buying American, but you're going to play this to the death as something completely different. This company doesn't know who aborts babies in China and who doesn't, so in your mind the company should hurt those Chinese who never had an abortion to prove a point. Is there any more illogic you'd care to present?
    The same may be applied to your argument as well. Does Hobby Lobby know just how many employes will abort babies?
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  8. #38
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    No, you just are desperately looking to scream 'hypocrisy' at someone else.

    Nothing of substance to see here, just more internet spin wishful thinking.
    Well thanks for dropping by.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  9. #39
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Money.
    The only thing I can think of too.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  10. #40
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Why Does Hobby Lobby Do Business with Abortionists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    The same may be applied to your argument as well. Does Hobby Lobby know just how many employes will abort babies?
    Irrelevant, they're not going to pay for it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •