Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 205

Thread: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

  1. #91
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The photo I saw was quite different.

    http://sharing.kasa.com/sharewlin/ph....0_640_480.jpg
    The KILL appears by the fire, and a steel bodied car would not so much buckle in the center. That Porsche GT was mostly plastic (composite/graphite) and aluminum.

  2. #92
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    So what? Guy died. People die everyday. Why do people mourn because he was an actor?
    Because he's an actor.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #93
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The KILL appears by the fire, and a steel bodied car would not so much buckle in the center. That Porsche GT was mostly plastic (composite/graphite) and aluminum.
    I have seen many steel bodied cars torn in half by poles.
    As regards the photos, top photo is the rear of the car (front hood in background), bottom photo is front of car.

    https://www.google.ca/search?q=car+torn+in+half+by+pole
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  4. #94
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    I can't say that I am a fan of his acting.


    But the following is something I admire.
    [...]

    Walker's generosity

    Tales of the actor's philanthropy are not new. CNN confirmed one story from a decade ago when Walker noticed a young U.S. military veteran shopping with his fiance for a wedding ring in a Santa Barbara jewelry store.

    "The groom was just back from duty in Iraq, and he was going to be deployed again soon and wanted to buy a wedding ring, but he said he just could not afford it," saleswoman Irene King told CNN. "I don't think the soldier realized how expensive those rings are, about $10,000."

    Although Walker noticed them, the couple apparently did not know who he was, King said.

    "Walker called the manager over and said, 'Put that girl's ring on my tab,' " she said. "Walker left all his billing info, and it was a done deal. The couple was stunned. She was thrilled and could not believe someone did this."

    King called it "the most generous thing I have ever seen."

    [...]


    'Fast & Furious' star Paul Walker killed in car crash - CNN.com
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #95
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    People react to an actor's death because they see them on TV, movies. They know "That guy was living the good life, and now he's dead that's soooo tragic!"
    People react less so to hearing that "Several Navy Airmen were killed today during routing training operations off the coast of North Carolina..." because they are nameless, faceless people.

    It's just human nature, you try to relate to the actors characters, they become not friends, but part of your world in a way, and then they die. Understand the human animal and it makes sense.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #96
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Well you can blame my abusive Lt.Col Marine father for my lack of heart, Mr.MarineTpartier. Bless your heart.
    Yep, it's always someone else's fault......
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #97
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,870

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The KILL appears by the fire, and a steel bodied car would not so much buckle in the center. That Porsche GT was mostly plastic (composite/graphite) and aluminum.
    Wrong.

    Body construction was carbon fiber.

    This is not 'plastic'.

    'Plastic' is not used in automotive frame / body construction.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That's not true. There is plenty going on that topic. Go look at the military board.
    Not in breaking news. I guess celebrity deaths are more important.

    I looked in military board, and couldnt find anything posted in such shock as this actor dieing. Alex Viola, for example, killed last week by a bomb, in Afghanistan, sent there to protect Paul Walkers freedom to race cars. Where is his week long media spots and celebrity rememberance tweets from Vin Diesel?
    Last edited by jonny5; 12-02-13 at 08:53 AM.

  9. #99
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,870

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Because he's an actor.
    Not in my book.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #100
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Reported Paul Walker of Fast and Furios fame dead at 40.

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Not in my book.
    I guess that makes him a fake actor. He's acting as an actor.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •