Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

  1. #51
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    What would have happened if Bush had made the same kind of ads and push to "sell" the Iraq war?

    Would you guys have been making fun of it?

    At least the Iraq war was a bi-partisan vote unlike this law.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think the North Korea thing is over the top and rather ridiculous...but don't tyou also acknowledge there's a large difference between general widely accepted, apolitical, advise like "don't play around downed power lines" and a PSA urging folks to try and garner support and buy-in for a heavily politicized, widely contentious, governmental policy?
    I will say the whole "Discuss it with your family over Thanksgiving dinner" thing is pretty damn creepy if you ask me. Luckily for me, we have a "no politics discussion" rule at holiday gatherings simply because we have mixed political ideologies and nothing good comes out of discussions such as that.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    What would have happened if Bush had made the same kind of ads and push to "sell" the Iraq war?

    Would you guys have been making fun of it?

    At least the Iraq war was a bi-partisan vote unlike this law.
    I honestly think a lot of people on the right would have made fun of it. The number one reason is that it is unatural conversation IMO. It's cheezy at best and comes off as propaganda at worst. Most of all, as I said, it's just plain creepy IMO.

  4. #54
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I honestly think a lot of people on the right would have made fun of it. The number one reason is that it is unatural conversation IMO. It's cheezy at best and comes off as propaganda at worst. Most of all, as I said, it's just plain creepy IMO.
    Yes it is creepy. I just wonder what people would have said about the tactic.

    This seems like "now that I have you in my flock, my dear little sheep, go forth and recruit others"

    It reminds me of the Jehovah Witnesses or the Mormons. They go house to house to get you to join their organization to make more money.

    This seems similar. Getting people to do your bidding.

    If this was a good law, the Thanksgiving talk wouldn't be necessary.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I will say the whole "Discuss it with your family over Thanksgiving dinner" thing is pretty damn creepy if you ask me. Luckily for me, we have a "no politics discussion" rule at holiday gatherings simply because we have mixed political ideologies and nothing good comes out of discussions such as that.
    Its quite Orwellian. Orwell was a socialist, and it was clear to him how invasive the left could be.

  6. #56

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Liberal media singing a much different tune this thanksgiving. For some reason they are encouraging people to not talk politic at this years table. Lol

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    Liberal media singing a much different tune this thanksgiving. For some reason they are encouraging people to not talk politic at this years table. Lol

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    Liberal media singing a much different tune this thanksgiving. For some reason they are encouraging people to not talk politic at this years table. Lol

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday, how they wanted people to sell Obamacare at the Thanksgiving table, like good little soldiers.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Moderator's Warning:
    Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.Necro'd thread closed.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •