Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

  1. #11
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    This thread is worse than the Toba Extinction Event.

  2. #12
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    *crosses fingers* It's an honor just to be nominated!

    So what you're telling me is that you think this PSA is somehow comparable to North Korea. Ok.
    Actually, the North Korea bit could be a strong challenge to you receiving your award.

    Just making the point that your example had nothing to do with the OP.

    But I suppose it was good to warn people that if you don't listen to the First Lady you might get electrocuted!!
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #13
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,787

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Actually, the North Korea bit could be a strong challenge to you receiving your award.

    Just making the point that your example had nothing to do with the OP.

    But I suppose it was good to warn people that if you don't listen to the First Lady you might get electrocuted!!
    It did have something to do with the OP, you just missed the connection.

    See, what was happening was that I was making fun of the notion that PSAs are comparable to totalitarian oppressive governments like North Korea or Nazi Germany. By inserting my own parody rant against a different type of PSA.

    But you ruined it by making me explain it to you. Some other jerk is probably going to win the award now, thanks a lot.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #14
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    We will be talking about family and what's going on in everyone's lives. Let Michelle Obama discuss what she wishes to discuss at her table.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,787

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    We will be talking about family and what's going on in everyone's lives. Let Michelle Obama discuss what she wishes to discuss at her table.
    If you don't think a family member's lack of health insurance is an important discussion about their life, then don't talk about it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #16
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It did have something to do with the OP, you just missed the connection.

    See, what was happening was that I was making fun of the notion that PSAs are comparable to totalitarian oppressive governments like North Korea or Nazi Germany. By inserting my own parody rant against a different type of PSA.

    But you ruined it by making me explain it to you. Some other jerk is probably going to win the award now, thanks a lot.
    The honor of the nomination still warms your heart though, right?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #17
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,787

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    The honor of the nomination still warms your heart though, right?
    No, that's just something the losers say to hide their shame.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That PSA with the dude driving to his parents house is frigging hilarious.

    And how on earth is it creepy North Korea cult stuff for the government to put out a pretty generic public service announcement? Do you also freak the **** out when they tell your children not to play around downed power lines?
    I think it's creepy to have the government trying to enlist drones to go out and do Obama's bidding and try and get more drones. It's Thanksgiving day, not a time for government. It's for families to get together. They want to take the opportunity to try and spread the BS about this disasterous heathcare program.

    Look what our great leader has provided for us! Just praise it and try to get more to join, ignore the problems and the attack on your rights.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #19
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,787

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I think it's creepy to have the government trying to enlist drones to go out and do Obama's bidding and try and get more drones. It's Thanksgiving day, not a time for government. It's for families to get together. They want to take the opportunity to try and spread the BS about this disasterous heathcare program.

    Look what our great leader has provided for us! Just praise it and try to get more to join, ignore the problems and the attack on your rights.
    Does North Korea encourage their citizens to purchase health insurance too?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #20
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Michelle Obama's 14 Obamacare talking points for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If you don't think a family member's lack of health insurance is an important discussion about their life, then don't talk about it.
    Chances are, the way people that don't follow something like this (and I'm willing to believe that it is someone probably young in college, too.) is not going to listen anyway, so why not wait until after Thanksgiving is over and then if you wish to discuss something that you feel is important to a person's life discuss it?

    I have learned that it's bad enough just getting past non-political discussions and past family quarrels to begin with. With my past experiences, I found that Thanksgiving can be a delicate family situation that needs more family than senseless family arguments that are not going to solve anything to start with -- just save them for another day.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •