Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 546

Thread: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

  1. #531
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    But yet that employer can fire an employee at the drop of a hat without notice. Double standard. It's a rigged game in the Man's favor.
    "The man"? Lmao

  2. #532
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,525

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You didn't even read what he said. An employee can quit and leave at a drop of a hat, too, without notice. He just shouldn't expect to be hired again. It's not a "game." It's the inevitable consequence of walking out on your job.
    I read it, I just disagree with the two week notice thing.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  3. #533
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    I read it, I just disagree with the two week notice thing.
    No one's required to give it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #534
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    But yet that employer can fire an employee at the drop of a hat without notice. Double standard. It's a rigged game in the Man's favor.
    Yes they can. They own the business. Anyone can start their own business if they want and become the "Man".
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #535
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    You arent legally required to give two weeks notice, it jist looks better when you go to find another job.
    I realize that... one time I just quit. I told the new employer why when it came up too. He was completely fine with why I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #536
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I realize that... one time I just quit. I told the new employer why when it came up too. He was completely fine with why I did.
    See. No biggie. Now if it was a law, i would agree with you.

  7. #537
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    See. No biggie. Now if it was a law, i would agree with you.
    It was kinda funny. I was head waiter at this restaurant filled with idiotic 90210 drama. The other head waitress was sneaking alcohol to her boyfriend all the time, two of the girls would do coke with the manager and all of them would talk **** about everybody, stuff like that. The other head waitress, when I called her on a couple of things went to the manager and whined about it. He called me into the office and started in on me with another manager present. I realized I was being given a reprimand. It was ridiculous. I called the head office and made a complaint. They investigated, found nothing but it turned out the manager knew some people there pretty well. We had some arguments that next night and I just walked out, quitting. My new boss thought that I dealt with a lot. Turns out it was a good move too since I moved up to fine dining and waiting on the rich and famous instead of just the rich. Anyway, hadn't thought of that in over ten years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #538
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    But yet that employer can fire an employee at the drop of a hat without notice. Double standard. It's a rigged game in the Man's favor.
    Was this meant to be sarcastic? Who believes that all are equal out in the business world, the work place? A business owner has developed and earned something. He has the most at stake as well. The risks are his too. He depends on his workers but by no means are they entitled to the same considerations. Capitalism is about competition, and that's not about fairness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #539
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,525

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Was this meant to be sarcastic? Who believes that all are equal out in the business world, the work place? A business owner has developed and earned something. He has the most at stake as well. The risks are his too. He depends on his workers but by no means are they entitled to the same considerations. Capitalism is about competition, and that's not about fairness.
    Capitalism is a man being awakened at 6 a.m. by an alarm clock, leaping out of bed, dressing force-feeding, ****ing, pissing, brushing teeth and hair, and fighting traffic to get to a place where essentially you make lots of money for somebody else and are supposed to be grateful for the opportunity to do so. Eh

  10. #540
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Capitalism is a man being awakened at 6 a.m. by an alarm clock, leaping out of bed, dressing force-feeding, ****ing, pissing, brushing teeth and hair, and fighting traffic to get to a place where essentially you make lots of money for somebody else and are supposed to be grateful for the opportunity to do so. Eh
    You don't have to work for anyone and if you want to own all the fruits of your labor it's best you don't.

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •