Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 546

Thread: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I liked you better when you were talking about boobs.
    Whip 'em out.

  2. #32
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Whole Foods Employees Strike Against Working on Thanksgiving



    Don't wanna work holidays? Don't work retail or service.

    F'n wage-scrubs.
    As a person who has been involved in the food service industry in some shape or form from the time I was 11, what is that, 28 years, I have little sympathy for people who complain about working holidays.

    You know what you're in for when you accept the position.

    Don't like it?

    Quit.

    John Mackey should put them all out on their ass... I'm sure he's feeling Henry Ford's pain right about now...

  3. #33
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not to mention they get time and a half working holidays. It's a shift a lot of folks in retail volunteer for, or used to when I worked retail.
    Not everyone gets time and a half. I have worked on national holidays at Trader Joe's and they do not give time and a half.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  4. #34
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Nobody gets a holiday off without being able to pass a test describing what the significance of the holiday is.

    That would upset Deivid Rojas.

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Whole Foods Employees Strike Against Working on Thanksgiving



    Don't wanna work holidays? Don't work retail or service.

    F'n wage-scrubs.
    Wonder if Obama gave the people working on the ACA website Thanksgiving off.

  6. #36
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    It was understood that I was "on call," and I had a few Thanksgivings when my family ate, while my dinner got cold and the gravy congealed! You have to handle the emergencies that come up, and all of my department knew it was a possibility. I guess that the old saying "coincidences are the universe's way of being ornery" is true!
    Happy Thanksgiving Lady P.

    It may sound strange, but when I was growing up, the only time my parents and brothers all had dinner together was on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. My mother, God rest her soul, got into the habit of making multiple meals at multiple times to meet the feeding schedules/frenzies of her various boys. It's probably why I think of her in the kitchen so often when I look back.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #37
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,850

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving Lady P.

    It may sound strange, but when I was growing up, the only time my parents and brothers all had dinner together was on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. My mother, God rest her soul, got into the habit of making multiple meals at multiple times to meet the feeding schedules/frenzies of her various boys. It's probably why I think of her in the kitchen so often when I look back.
    That doesn't sound strange CJ, especially during the teenage years. When each kid is in a different activity whether it be band, sports, or working a part-time job, it's darn near impossible for the entire family to sit down for an evening meal together. My daughter is a nurse. She either gets Thanksgiving or Christmas off. Never both. Whatever day she is required to work, the family simply postpones our celebration till the following day so we can all be together.

  8. #38
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That doesn't sound strange CJ, especially during the teenage years. When each kid is in a different activity whether it be band, sports, or working a part-time job, it's darn near impossible for the entire family to sit down for an evening meal together. My daughter is a nurse. She either gets Thanksgiving or Christmas off. Never both. Whatever day she is required to work, the family simply postpones our celebration till the following day so we can all be together.
    The strange part was that my mom used to cook or prepare 4 or 5 different meals each day, at different times, to meet the schedules and the tastes of her various boys/men. She loved cooking and being the mom and the homemaker. I can't imagine there are too many like her in today's much more complex world.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #39
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    F'n wage-scrubs.
    Remember kids - it's only class warfare when the "wage-scrubs" say it about the "1%."

    IOKIYAR.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #40
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Nobody gets a holiday off without being able to pass a test describing what the significance of the holiday is.

    That would upset Deivid Rojas.
    So all the Conservatives have to work Labor Day then?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •