Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 546

Thread: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

  1. #361
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    And if a job is ****ty, you can go work another one. Its called freedom.
    If there is another job available. To assume one will be is foolish.

  2. #362
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Yes, in a right to work state. That does not mean you are "at will" if you want to collectively bargain.
    Yes you are, you can be fired for anything else, and people who want to take over their employers business by unionizing should be fired, preferably black listed too.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #363
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    If there is another job available. To assume one will be is foolish.
    To assume one wouldnt be would be foolish. Unless you live next door to a coal mine and not a house or store around for miles. . In that case, you should probably ****ing move

  4. #364
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    You arent entitled to another persons business in any way.
    Who said they were entitled to someone's business for wanting some protections in place?

  5. #365
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    701

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're wrong. That's not some sort of general condition. Many states allow at will employment.
    ALL except Montana are at will, and MT has statutory exceptions.

    On another page you were discussing employment references, in Ohio, if an employer or ex gives out a reference with MALICE, they can be sued.

  6. #366
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    They can be fired for any reasons I can find. IOW, they've just lit the fuse on their termination papers. Let's say that their margin of error starts at 9/10, meaning I'm giving them as much latitude as possible and they would have to either murder a coworker or lie to me/steal from the company to be terminated. The second they try to unionize their margin of error drops to 0, they miss a dust bunny during cleanup and their ass is gone. I will do that until the entire offending crew is out of there, if I can't accomplish that, I'll fulfill the last orders and shut it down to write off for a loss and they can start all over again. I would be damned if my employees are going to take over my place.
    Hey, I got it you like to bully. The reason unions exist.

  7. #367
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yes you are, you can be fired for anything else, and people who want to take over their employers business by unionizing should be fired, preferably black listed too.
    More bullying.

  8. #368
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Who said they were entitled to someone's business for wanting some protections in place?
    Protections from what exactly? Murder? I agree. You dint want to work on thanksgiving? Tough titties.

  9. #369
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    To assume one wouldnt be would be foolish. Unless you live next door to a coal mine and not a house or store around for miles. . In that case, you should probably ****ing move

  10. #370
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by lawboy View Post
    ALL except Montana are at will, and MT has statutory exceptions.

    On another page you were discussing employment references, in Ohio, if an employer or ex gives out a reference with MALICE, they can be sued.
    Not true. Louisiana is an "at will" state as are most states in the U.S. to some degree. Montana is different in that "at will" falls under probationary hire, "good cause" comes into play after six months.

    Employment At Will States | At Will Employment States
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •