Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 546

Thread: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

  1. #321
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Trust me I know there is such a thing as blowback and that is why workers are risking a lot when they try to have any kind of voice without union protection.
    Like I said, if my workforce tried to unionize I would fire every last one of them and start over. My house, my rules. I would rather shutter a business and write off the loss than have people I gave a job to act like they get to call the shots.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #322
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It's clear you favor a dictatorship when it comes to power/control. Not really sure why you call yourself a Libertarian since they are mainly about personal liberty for all individuals or at least that is what they claim.
    It's simple, you do not get to call the shots against YOUR EMPLOYER. You work for them, not the other way around, you get paid for your labor, your manager sets the rules, and the owner is the last word. Don't like it, start your own business.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #323
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It's clear you favor a dictatorship when it comes to power/control. Not really sure why you call yourself a Libertarian since they are mainly about personal liberty for all individuals or at least that is what they claim.
    He said someone who ACCEPTS his conditions. Thats not dictatorship. He wants somek e who is WILLING to accept his conditions. He said nothing about force

  4. #324
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Like I said, if my workforce tried to unionize I would fire every last one of them and start over. My house, my rules. I would rather shutter a business and write off the loss than have people I gave a job to act like they get to call the shots.
    Bully tactics....how surprising.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It's simple, you do not get to call the shots against YOUR EMPLOYER. You work for them, not the other way around, you get paid for your labor, your manager sets the rules, and the owner is the last word. Don't like it, start your own business.
    Should a coal miner accept working for a boss that does not give his workers the basic garentee of saftey, or compensation for becoming sick with black lung disease?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #326
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    He said someone who ACCEPTS his conditions. Thats not dictatorship. He wants somek e who is WILLING to accept his conditions. He said nothing about force
    Exactly right. My offense to labor trying to call the shots is that they have nothing but their labor to offer, I'm taking the risk, I've got the collateral up, I'm paying the checks, and only my ass is on the line. I shut down they look for work or draw unemployment while I could lose property, credit, and even credibility and reputation as a businessman. I took all the risk and expenditures, I signed the contracts, but they want and equal say? Bull****.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #327
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Should a coal miner accept working for a boss that does not give his workers the basic garentee of saftey, or compensation for becoming sick with black lung disease?
    Should they? No, it's not a smart decision. Should they be allowed to? IMO yes even though it's a stupid decision. Can they? Not legally, they won't face consequences of unsafe conditions but the owners of the mine could.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #328
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It's simple, you do not get to call the shots against YOUR EMPLOYER. You work for them, not the other way around, you get paid for your labor, your manager sets the rules, and the owner is the last word. Don't like it, start your own business.
    While the owner can dictate the rules, employees can have some say on a variety of issues without fear of punishment or being exploited.

  9. #329
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Bully tactics....how surprising.
    My house, my rules. Unionizing is bullying, it's saying they will hold up MY production if they don't get THEIR way, and it's insubordination which is a terminable offense. Don't like it, work for someone else.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #330
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Whole Foods employees striking over requirements to work Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    While the owner can dictate the rules, employees can have some say on a variety of issues without fear of punishment or being exploited.
    They can be fired at will in my state. And they would be.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •