Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 656

Thread: Corporations Aren't People

  1. #551
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Commie View Post
    Then, why did you bring up Chomsky and anarchism?
    To me, trying to figure out how a society works under a leftist version of libertarianism is like nailing jello to the wall!
    Like right wing libertarians, the small left wing version expects people to act of their own accord in a way that the theorists would desire. So, in the left version of libertarianism, no system is needed to prevent hoarding, hierarchies or concentrations of power.
    To demonstrate that you don't have any true understanding of aggregate libertarian philosophy as you seem to have us confused on the whole with anarchists. We're not, a small subpopulation is but it's not the whole.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #552
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The imposition would be in forcing someone else to pay for something you want against their religious beliefs. Deciding not to pay for something someone else wants is not an imposing religious beliefs on anyone.
    Not at all; if it is some form of Standard, such as, for example, driving on one side of the road instead of the other.

  3. #553
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I believe artificial Persons have no basis to care about the subjective value of morals.
    Artificial persons, like states?

  4. #554
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Not at all; if it is some form of Standard, such as, for example, driving on one side of the road instead of the other.
    Can you name one major religious belief system that only believes in driving on the wrong side of the road? Besides which, driving on one side of the road or another and being forced to pay for someone else's birth control against your religious beliefs, are entirely different. In one case, the individual still has the ability/right to purchase their own BC without causing harm to anyone else.. In the other, driving on the wrong side of the road will kill many.

  5. #555
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Artificial persons, like states?
    Our First Amendment does lend some credibility to that line of reasoning.

  6. #556
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Can you name one major religious belief system that only believes in driving on the wrong side of the road? Besides which, driving on one side of the road or another and being forced to pay for someone else's birth control against your religious beliefs, are entirely different. In one case, the individual still has the ability/right to purchase their own BC without causing harm to anyone else.. In the other, driving on the wrong side of the road will kill many.
    It is about fixing Standards and let true believers abstain if it is against the subjectivity of their moral values.

  7. #557
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    It is about fixing Standards and let true believers abstain if it is against the subjectivity of their moral values.
    You aren't letting them abstain. You are forcing them to pay for it for others.. If the government truly let the employers abstain from purchasing a product, we would be in agreement.

    The government should not be forcing people to make a choice to violate their religious beliefs or cause harm to their business and employees.

  8. #558
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    You aren't letting them abstain. You are forcing them to pay for it for others.. The others can purchase it all they want by themselves. The government should not be forcing people to make a choice to violate their religious beliefs or cause harm to their business and employees.
    It is called, a moral of "goodwill toward men"; is it too difficult for you? In any case, it is not about denying or disparaging Individual Liberty.

  9. #559
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    It is called, a moral of "goodwill toward men"; is it too difficult for you? In any case, it is not about denying or disparaging Individual Liberty.
    It's not moral in the eyes of Christians who believe that birth control and morning after, etc are immoral.

  10. #560
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    It's not moral in the eyes of Christians who believe that birth control and morning after, etc are immoral.
    Why is it so difficult for true believers to practice what they preach, but not deny or disparage the Individual Liberty of the rest of us?

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •