Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 656

Thread: Corporations Aren't People

  1. #271
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Well, you are. You're talking about markets in your area paying workers more than the market determines that they're worth. If people want to expose themselves to that, they can.

    Put a Walmart supercenter in your area, and we'll see if people still don't mind paying a 30% higher grocery bill just so some high school scrub can get a Lexus.
    That is a fair market price.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Workers getting paid median wages for full time hours is not inefficient. It benefits everyone in the community. I already explained having many markets in the area make them compete for consumers. There is no collusion.
    If they're all overpaying their workers, that damn sure is collusion.

  3. #273
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Also, Walmart prices are no better.

  4. #274
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    If they're all overpaying their workers, that damn sure is collusion.
    They are not over paying their workers. The community just doesn't have to pick up the basic needs for their employees because they don't qualify. That is good business ethics not bad.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    They are not over paying their workers. The community just doesn't have to pick up the basic needs for their employees because they don't qualify. That is good business ethics not bad.
    Yeah they do. They pick them up by paying well above market rates for grocery items.

  6. #276
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Fact is, employees continue to accept these wages. We live in a free market society (for now). If you dont like what someone offers, you dont have to take it. I am 20 and have never worked a minimum wage job in my life.

  7. #277
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Yeah they do. They pick them up by paying well above market rates for grocery items.
    No, their profit margins just aren't the same as places that undercut their worker's wages.

  8. #278
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Fact is, employees continue to accept these wages. We live in a free market society (for now). If you dont like what someone offers, you dont have to take it. I am 20 and have never worked a minimum wage job in my life.
    Accepting wages does not address balance of power.

  9. #279
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Accepting wages does not address balance of power.
    Of course it doesnt. You address balance of power by giving businesses you dont like the death penalty. Liberals constantly cry about walmart and mcdonalds not paying enough, then they go to walmart and buy something and get mcdonalds on the way home. If you truly dont like how a business operates, dont do business with them. I dont think mcdonalds pays their workers enough. So i dont eat there and wont work there. Thats the way a free market works.

  10. #280
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Of course it doesnt. You address balance of power by giving businesses you dont like the death penalty. Liberals constantly cry about walmart and mcdonalds not paying enough, then they go to walmart and buy something and get mcdonalds on the way home. If you truly dont like how a business operates, dont do business with them. I dont think mcdonalds pays their workers enough. So i dont eat there and wont work there. Thats the way a free market works.
    Just so you know, I don't give them my business. That does not mean many people are aware of the many issues places like this cause on our economic system.

Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •