Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 656

Thread: Corporations Aren't People

  1. #181
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I know, but I'm having a bit of fun while waiting for my granddaughter to arrive with her parents...
    And doing a piss poor job of it.

  2. #182
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    See, this is why I don't ever go into the Economics forum. It'd be nice if there were some prerequisites or competency tests to post there. Otherwise, you get people just throwing out ridiculous opinion and absurd levels of rhetoric.
    Says the corporate shrill.

  3. #183
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    It was a simple request to prove your point...
    It wasn't my point. I can't prove something that is false. Feel free to provide the evidence it is true.

  4. #184
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Those examples are not that of dodging any more than the individual that takes advantage of the tax code as written...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #185
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It wasn't my point. I can't prove something that is false. Feel free to provide the evidence it is true.
    If something is false, you should be able to provide evidence that it is...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #186
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Those examples are not that of dodging any more than the individual that takes advantage of the tax code as written...
    Hey, I've said several times in this thread that these corporations can do this because of lobbying efforts.

  7. #187
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    If something is false, you should be able to provide evidence that it is...
    BS. Feel free to prove he is correct. I'll wait. I've backed up all my points.

  8. #188
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Hey, I've said several times in this thread that these corporations can do this because of lobbying efforts.
    Why should we tax corporations to begin with if we want them to employ people so that they might pay income taxes?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #189
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Why should we tax corporations to begin with if we want them to employ people so that they might pay income taxes?
    Um, because they want to claim personhood.

  10. #190
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    BS. Feel free to prove he is correct. I'll wait. I've backed up all my points.
    I've not noticed a point you have made, but I have noticed your reliance on using the points others have attempted to make with your links...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •