Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 656

Thread: Corporations Aren't People

  1. #171
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post


    More "yuh-HUHH!" You didn't say what you thought you said, and just as before, I already explained why.



    Yeah, I said that. It doesn't mean the US corporations paid a lower rate on their adjusted taxable income.



    If they were offsetting past losses, profitability in one specific year doesn't mean much.
    Care to prove they were offsetting past losses? TIA

  2. #172
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Care to prove they were offsetting past losses? TIA
    Care to prove they were not? TIA...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It's not propaganda. Bank of America, Citigroup, ExxonMobil, FedEx, GE, Honeywell, Microsoft, Pfizer and Verizon all made very high profits while paying record lows on corporate income tax. The did NOT show losses.
    Do you know what their effective corporate tax rates are? Go look them up. I'll wait.

    I know Exxon-Mobil's. If you want a hint, it's the age most 40-something women say they are.

    Feel free to supply some of the rest...you know - so you can show me what tax cheats they are.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Care to prove they were not? TIA...
    She's just digging a massive hole. Every large corporation does loss carryover. Every last one.

  5. #175
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    She's just digging a massive hole. Every large corporation does loss carryover. Every last one.
    I know, but I'm having a bit of fun while waiting for my granddaughter to arrive with her parents...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I know, but I'm having a bit of fun while waiting for my granddaughter to arrive with her parents...
    See, this is why I don't ever go into the Economics forum. It'd be nice if there were some prerequisites or competency tests to post there. Otherwise, you get people just throwing out ridiculous opinion and absurd levels of rhetoric.

  7. #177
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Care to prove they were not? TIA...
    Sorry, you can't prove a negative.

  8. #178
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    See, this is why I don't ever go into the Economics forum. It'd be nice if there were some prerequisites or competency tests to post there. Otherwise, you get people just throwing out ridiculous opinion and absurd levels of rhetoric.
    My congressperson has an economics degree form the same school from which I graduated, but he failed to update his thinking in the years after graduation...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #179
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Do you know what their effective corporate tax rates are? Go look them up. I'll wait.

    I know Exxon-Mobil's. If you want a hint, it's the age most 40-something women say they are.

    Feel free to supply some of the rest...you know - so you can show me what tax cheats they are.
    Yeah, here are the numbers: Corporate Tax Dodgers: 10 Companies and Their Tax Loopholes - IPS

  10. #180
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Corporations Aren't People

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Sorry, you can't prove a negative.
    It was a simple request to prove your point...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •