Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 122

Thread: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    A small percentage keeping the tax coffers full while the majority don't pay jack #### of their share in taxes but use most of the services.

    There's really no surplus, it's already spent, the Democrats just haven't decided how much of the surplus will go to pay raises for state union employees and to the schools which is actually is propping up the teachers retirement plans. That's where most of the money to the schools go.

    If there was a real surplus why are the Democrats planning on raising the car registration fees/taxes ?
    Exactly. Its hard to believe they can raise car registration any more than they have.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    so you are blaming a republican governor for the problems in california back in 2010?
    This question reveals lack of knowledge about the California political machine.

    The governor actually has little power, especially when EVERYONE else is democrat.

  3. #33
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,357

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Hey Pulgara

    I remember when Japan use to own almost all of the high rises in downtown Los Angeles. I think that was back in the 80's.
    My sister lives in California, and on one of my vacations there, she took me on the 17-mile highway to the Pebble Beach Country Club for lunch. I believe Japan owned it at that time. On the way I saw Clint Eastwood's home in Carmel, and I also saw the whales migrating! Wow! What a fun trip! You guys have a beautiful interesting State!

    Good evening, APACHERAT!

  4. #34
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    so you are blaming a republican governor for the problems in california back in 2010?
    Nope, just answering your question. Whole different question. But to be clear I do blame at least one republican governor for the lousy financial status of CA in the past (as well as a whole bunch of democrat ones).

  5. #35
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    some american's find the thought of another american state failing gleeful?

    how is that anything but unpatriotic.
    If your brother was a heroine addict who was living a completely unsustainable lifestyle, robbing from others to support his addiction, and he finally hit bottom and realized that he had to change his ways in order to survive, wouldn't you be gleeful even if, at the same time, it was tough pill to swallow?

    I would, and I wouldn't necessarily accuse anyone of not loving his brother if I found out that he or she was in such a boat.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    My sister lives in California, and on one of my vacations there, she took me on the 17-mile highway to the Pebble Beach Country Club for lunch. I believe Japan owned it at that time. On the way I saw Clint Eastwood's home in Carmel, and I also saw the whales migrating! Wow! What a fun trip! You guys have a beautiful interesting State!

    Good evening, APACHERAT!
    Carmel and the 17 mile road trip.

    Did go you a little further south into Big Sur ?

    I remember years ago there was talk of selling Yosemite National Park to the Japanese.

    I think the Germans have their eyes on Death Valley.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    If your brother was a heroine addict who was living a completely unsustainable lifestyle, robbing from others to support his addiction, and he finally hit bottom and realized that he had to change his ways in order to survive, wouldn't you be gleeful even if, at the same time, it was tough pill to swallow?

    I would, and I wouldn't necessarily accuse anyone of not loving his brother if I found out that he or she was in such a boat.
    when the golden gate bridge collapses from disrepair, then i will consider california too far gone.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #38
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    If your brother was a heroine addict who was living a completely unsustainable lifestyle, robbing from others to support his addiction, and he finally hit bottom and realized that he had to change his ways in order to survive, wouldn't you be gleeful even if, at the same time, it was tough pill to swallow?

    I would, and I wouldn't necessarily accuse anyone of not loving his brother if I found out that he or she was in such a boat.
    That's a really insightful post soot. Precisely how I feel about California, where I was born and raised.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nope, just answering your question. Whole different question. But to be clear I do blame at least one republican governor for the lousy financial status of CA in the past (as well as a whole bunch of democrat ones).
    That wannabe Republican Governor didn't wear the pants in the family, it was a member of the Kennedy klan who wore the pants in that Governor's family.

    I sure didn't vote for that girly man, I voted for McClintock.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Good news, California: Surplus is $2.4 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's a really insightful post soot. Precisely how I feel about California, where I was born and raised.
    Its gotten worse the last 6 or 7 years.

    The tax base including business and employees are leaving like its cool to places like texas, colorado and arizona.

    Im considering moving as well, if I do its an instant 10% raise (state taxes) for example. Let alone the other benefits.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •